Reply to Total Newbie Needs Help Getting Started

Total Newbie Needs Help Getting Started
Hi All.

This is my situation.

I have recorded music before, but I am a guitarist and I literally played guitar and a friend would take care of the rest. I have Logic Express and an iMac and a brand new macbook pro (I don’t know the specifics offhand, but it’s a good one), I have recorded my own tracks using podfarm and guitar rig. I understand music (To a certain degree) so I am not totally clueless.

This is where I am lost....

I want to start making Drum & bass, (I know it’s a massive jump from recording rock music) and this is where I am lost. You see, I am used to amplifiers, guitars and pedal boards, where as now it seems to be drum machines and samplers.

I have been searching Google high and low, but without prior knowledge of producing electronic music, it is all very confusing.

Based on the research I have done, I like the look of Native Instruments Maschine. It seems to be a one stop shop for everything.

I understand I will probably need some kind of midi keyboard, but I would just like to know if Maschine is a good starting point for somebody like me making Drum & Bass?

Is there any books or online tutorials I should look up?

Any Advice and help would be very helpful at this stage.

Thanks,

Mattalik
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy