Reply to Need help: Multi-Channel, Multi-Instrument Single MIDI to Separate MIDI Tracks

Need help: Multi-Channel, Multi-Instrument Single MIDI to Separate MIDI Tracks
Here's my current situation...

I have an idea for reviving and updating an old song for a possible Electro House / Dubstep cover. After looking around, I bought the MIDI of the song I want to rework for $5 USD. When I unzipped the MIDI backing track, I found that all of the MIDI info for ALL of the instruments (drums, guitar, synths, vocal, and bass) is on a singular track. All I really want is the synths, the drums (but only to use as a reference, because I plan to replace and reprogram the drums myself), the bass, and the guitars...and I need to be able to manipulate the MIDI for each instrument in separate MIDI clips on separate channels. (I hope that made sense.) The zip file also includes a numbered list indicating what channel on the MIDI represents what instrument, so that's a plus.

So...

Is there a DAW function or VST that can split the channels on the MIDI track that I was given into individual MIDI for each instrument? I'm half tone-deaf and can't read music, so sitting for hours guessing what MIDI notes to delete and what needs left alone seems to be a bit more frustrating and time consuming than necessary. Since I'm a firm believer in working smarter, not harder...I hope there is a way to automate this task somehow so I can actually expedite hearing my idea out loud. Just FYI, I am using Ableton Live Suite 8 and Suite 9 (on 64-bit WIN 7).

Any suggestions?
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy