Reply to Ripping in iTunes for Serato SL3

Ripping in iTunes for Serato SL3
A fairly long post but I would really appreciate your help with this

I'm such a slow, considered purchaser, I've only just got round to getting Serato SL3, 2 Dicers and finally a 17" MacBook Pro! To be fair, the MacBook was a Christmas present from the wife and the rest I bought with Christmas money - I've had a very good year this year

I'll be using a DJM800 and 2 CDJ400's with this gear.

I'm 50 years old now so I want to do this right, once and never again! At present I'm unlikely to be playing out much so this is for my own gratification at home and the odd gig here or there.

Firstly, iTunes. Everything will be ripped from CD's and, eventually, vinyl.

I haven't started ripping anything yet and want to know if the settings I have chosen are the best to use.

I've set the rip rate at 320kbps and AAC. Do I need to set it for MP3? Can I use any other setting with my gear ? Will it make any difference?

Next, I've set the sample rate at 44.100KHz. Is this correct or should I set it to auto?

The channels I've set to auto. Would the stereo setting make any difference?

I've ticked the VBR encoding box. Is this best?

I haven't ticked either the High Efficiency Encoding or Optimize for voice boxes. In truth, I don't know what these would do anyway. Should I use them?

Should I use Error Correction when ripping?

In terms of "tagging"' I am at a loss.

All I'm really interested in is Artist, Song title, BPM'S, Year, Genre and Comments (to put in highest chart position). Will iTunes do all this automatically? All these fields are now showing on the page, but will they automatically show up in Serato and on my CDJ's or do I have to do something else?

Does iTunes find the BPM'S? On an old version of it, it appeared to do so on many tracks or was this because it was embedded on the CD I was ripping?

A long post I know, but at my time of life I want to get this right first time.

Thanks in advance for reading this and pointing me in the right direction

Capitan.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy