Reply to SSL Mixers: Which allow for the best navigation of the software?

SSL Mixers: Which allow for the best navigation of the software?
Looking for some education here.

Mixers such as the Rane Sixty-One/Two have the serato soundcard integrated within them, and don't need the SL box. This is a huge advantage, and to me it's one less piece of hardware to lug around. The biggest advantage that I see coming from serato-based mixers is that software control can be done directly from the hardware itself, and not the computer.

I'll expand on why I like this. I currently run an NS7 + ITCH, and the mixer section has a nice little section over the EQs that allows for software navigation. This includes an awesome knob (tactility, size, spacing are all incredible), navigational buttons such as 'crate' and 'load' and of course 'load a/b' buttons. The NS6 has something very similar. Here are some snapshots:

NS6.jpg

NS7.jpg

Essentially, the only time I'm touching my MacBook Pro is when I'm actually searching for a song on with my keyboard. This is HUGE. I cannot tell you how much of a step backwards it would be for me to 'upgrade' to SSL and have to use the fucking trackpad to drag tracks onto decks A&B. This may sound fickle, but trust me; muscle memory has ensured the software navigation panel is now an extension of my hand and I can EASILY pull any track in my crates in a matter of seconds. If you are going to try and disagree with me and tell me that fiddlefucking around on the trackpad is just as good and is just a mild inconvenience that all SSL users have to embrace, then don't bother with a reply.

So, for those of you who can understand what users want in terms of SSL-integration; what mixer best fits the bill? $ is no object.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy