New firmware Midifighter-20110204

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New firmware Midifighter-20110204Reply
New firmware Midifighter-20110204
Posted on: 04.02.2011 by robert chanda
New firmware for the Midifighter availailable at the Sourceforge site:

and through the MFUpdate application:

Mac:

NOTE: Download the .dmg file, open it then drag the application to your desktop before running it. This last step is important because the application downloads the firmware from our servers and executing the app from the .dmg container will fail the download.

PC:

Download the .msi file, right click on it and select "Install" to run the Windows installer. After installation, an application shortcut to MFUpdate.exe will be added to the desktop. The first time you drop your Midifighter into Bootloader mode, Windows may ask to install a driver. Suitable drivers can found in the install directory:
%ProgramFiles%/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers

First make sure you have a working Internet connection then execute the MFUpdate application, press "Update Midifighter" and follow the on-screen instructions for how to get your Midifighter into Bootloader Mode. Updating will take only a few seconds.

New features include:

1. Fourbanks mode has more options: Fourbanks Internal uses the top 4 keys to select banks. Fourbanks External uses the expansion digital inputs as bank select keys.
  2. MIDI implementation now has a fixed layout, "basenote" is no more.
  3. Expansion port buttons and faders always have the same Note and CC numbers regardless of the Fourbanks mode used.
  4. Bank select keys emit NoteOn/NoteOff events when selected.
  5. Menu Mode pages improved and simplified.

More details in the updated Documentation on this board as well as the README.txt file in the Sourceforge ZIP file.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Bode
i updated to 1.2.7 and have the same problem =/

please help!!!
Did you load the mapping twice using the big import button?
Candie Kletter
I made a video where you can see my problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSJ5PH2H_w
i updated to 1.2.7 and have the same problem =/

please help!!!
Hannah Cusmano
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Welcome to the Forum.

It's in the 'using the midi fighter in menu mode' sticky.

Enter menu mode by holding the top left button while resetting the midifighter, press the top left button again and follow those instructions.
Wow!!! Thanks a lot, it works! you just saved my day
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Enter menu mode by holding the top left button while resetting the midifighter, press the top left button again and follow those instructions.
And you do that by plugging in the MF while holding the top left button. It's all in this thread.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9961
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by peterimmel
I've got the following problem:
After updating the MIDI fighter "successfully" the MF seems to send the 'wrong' MIDI commands to Traktor.. It sends everything over CH02 instead of CH03 as its programmed in the mapping for Traktor.. but it still sends the right notes. So actually the connection to Traktor works but the MIDI Fighters sends the 'wrong' MIDI commands.

How can i change it? I tried to update it again but i've got the same problem..

It would be A LOT of work to change all CH03 commands to CH02...

so please help!
Welcome to the Forum.

It's in the 'using the midi fighter in menu mode' sticky.

1. MIDI Channel
---------------

Code:
# . . . <- Flashing exit key
. . . .
* * * * <- MIDI Channel in binary
o . . o <- increment/decrement keys

Each note generated by the Midifighter is generated on a single MIDI
channel. By default this is Channel 3, but the first menu item allows you to
change this to any of the 16 MIDI channels. The 4-bit binary value can be
altered by incrementing and decrementing or you can directly toggle bits in
the value itself.

NOTE: MIDI channels are written down as "1..16" but their binary number is
written "0..15", therefore all leds off will represent the binary value
b0000, which is interpreted as "MIDI Channel 1", b0001 is "MIDI Channel 2",
b0100 is "MIDI Channel 5", etc.
Hannah Cusmano
I've got the following problem:
After updating the MIDI fighter "successfully" the MF seems to send the 'wrong' MIDI commands to Traktor.. It sends everything over CH02 instead of CH03 as its programmed in the mapping for Traktor.. but it still sends the right notes. So actually the connection to Traktor works but the MIDI Fighters sends the 'wrong' MIDI commands.

How can i change it? I tried to update it again but i've got the same problem..

It would be A LOT of work to change all CH03 commands to CH02...

so please help!
Candie Kletter
I made a video where you can see my problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSJ5PH2H_w
Alexandra Nerby
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Try this:

Attach your MF to your computer via USB, putting your MF into Bootloader mode.
Go to he Device Manager. Right-click the unknown USB device, select Update Driver Software, then "Let me pick", click "Have disk", Browse to the inf file and install.
You sir, are the man. Worked perfectly and got my tsi imported as well.

NOW THOUGH, unlike eans video, where he shows just deck A and B, I also get C and D when I import it. Not a problem, I use 4 decks anyway.

I am not using the S4 but the Hercules Steel and TPRO. All the effects work fine on deck A but will not work on the other decks. It is looking like the FX banks are not being routed to those other decks.

Ideas?
robert chanda
Originally Posted by Gryz
"The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation"

Try this:

Attach your MF to your computer via USB, putting your MF into Bootloader mode.
Go to he Device Manager. Right-click the unknown USB device, select Update Driver Software, then "Let me pick", click "Have disk", Browse to the inf file and install.
Alexandra Nerby
You may be viewing your directories in Explorer with "file extensions hidden".

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ame-extensions

???
robert chanda
You may be viewing your directories in Explorer with "file extensions hidden".

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ame-extensions
Claire Baratto
Did you follow the install instructions about installing the drivers found in the directory:

%ProgramFiles%/DJTechTools/MFUpdate/BootloaderDrivers

Simply right-click on the .inf file and select "install".
I might be a total noob. But were do i find the .inf file?
I found all the drivers, but nothing with that ending.
Please help sir.
Alexandra Nerby
^ same here...not sure what to do
Kirstie Miyamura
I've had the same problem as alex8337.

"The Midifighter Update file is also on my desktop but when I double click it, this pops up
MFUPdate.ece - System Error
The program can't start becasue libusb0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried right-clicking and 'Install' on the .inf file but I get another error:

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Candie Kletter
okey i work with 1.2.4
then i have to update the version, because i have problems with this mapping ... nothing works =/ i can only select the 4 decks...
the effects dont work...when i press an effect button, the small light which says "dude your first, second, third or fourth effect is on" (or all are on) is flashing very short (gets only on and in the same moment off) while i press the button
Tatum Ansaldo
Denisha Usery
Hi,
what midi messages does the new firmware send because i
Candie Kletter
Nick Ross
Which Traktor Pro version do I need?
lol...uhh...for what?
Candie Kletter
Which Traktor Pro version do I need?
Alexandra Nerby
Originally Posted by alex8337
I've got the MFUpdate file on my desktop, I've run it.

The Midifighter Update file is also on my desktop but when I double click it, this pops up
The program can't start becasue libusb0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I've run it twice on my laptop and twice on my pc, both times with fresh downloads...

Please help
This for me...any advice?
Frances Halbleib
Laborious but with combinaison of threads, result is good. Thanks you.
Successful win7 update !
robert chanda
9th Feb, 3:00pm (PST):

Just a note that the DJTechTools server is, once again, hosting the latest version of the Midifighter firmware, ready for MFUpdate to dl and use.

We apologise for any inconvenience. Update away.
Frances Halbleib
Did you follow the install instructions about installing the drivers found in the directory:

Error message on win7 ~ "this method doesn't work".
robert chanda
Originally Posted by Nattevagten
Hi,

I have one problem..

Can you help me please.?

Frances Halbleib
Hi,

I have one problem..

Can you help me please.?
robert chanda
Originally Posted by photojojo
is your laptop a mac? When you try it on your PC are you following the PC instructions? Have you tried both methods? Here's the google search for the missing file with plenty of places to download it.

libusb0.dll - Google Search

There are three versions of libusb0.dll depending on whether you're using IA64, AMD64 or x86 processor, all named the same. Best to use an installer to select the correct version.
robert chanda
Originally Posted by alex8337

The Midifighter Update file is also on my desktop but when I double click it, this pops up
The program can't start becasue libusb0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I've run it twice on my laptop and twice on my pc, both times with fresh downloads...

Please help
Are you using a PC? If so, did you follow the install instructions about installing the drivers found in this directory?:

Leeanna Ayla
is your laptop a mac? When you try it on your PC are you following the PC instructions? Have you tried both methods? Here's the google search for the missing file with plenty of places to download it.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=libusb0.dll"]libusb0.dll - Google Search[/ame]
Karma Lucha

Please help
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
The firmware update seemed to go through on my Mac, but I can't seem to enable 4 Banks Mode Internal. I can only toggle between off (LED's off) and "external" (4 LED's on). Internal is supposed to be indicated by 2 LED's, right? Also, the FX Hold is not working which is another indicator that the new firmware didn't take.

**EDIT**

Using the Windows firmware updater had the same results as above. Manually updating the firmware using Flip and the .hex file from Sourceforge allowed the firmware to actually update. I now have access to 4 Banks Mode Internal.
Same here. Going to do this in the morning as you suggested above.
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11511

3. Mac
(Thanks to SarahEmm)

You will need to download the latest ".hex" firmware from the Midifighter sourceforge site:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/midifighter/files/
Then your steps are:
Ensure you have the Apple Developer Tools installed (they come on a CD/DVD with new macs/new OSes)
Install MacPorts. An installer can be found at http://www.macports.org/install.php.
Open a Terminal window (found under /Applications/Utilities/Terminal) to get a command line.
At the command line, run
Code:
sudo /opt/local/bin/port install dfu-programmer
to build and install dfu-programmer and dependencies.
Hold down the four corner buttons on your Midifighter and plug in the USB cable.
At the command line, run
Code:
dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase &&
dfu-programmer at90usb162 flash --debug 1 midifighter.hex &&
dfu-programmer at90usb162 reset
(without the linebreaks, where midifighter.hex is the name of the new firmware file to be programmed).
Unplug and re-plug your Midifighter to start running the new firmware.
Nick Ross
Successful mac update here
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Florian Arndt
I have the same problem,...can you point me to resources on how to update the firmware the way you did?
I have the strangest feeling that although a new firmware updater was made, it's not actually installing the latest firmware.

First download the .hex file for the new firmware:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/midi...4.hex/download

Then refer to the PC instructions listed in the link below:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=11511

Updating using the "old" method worked perfectly fine for me and 4 Banks Mode Internal can be enabled.
Candie Kletter
I did...
1. update with new firmware (was successful)
2. activate 4 bank mode (not successful)
3. load new tsi file (was successful)
everything with mac

please help
Murray Hoffa
I'm pretty sure i've done this correctly although there is still no midi out on the "banks" buttons! :/
Tatum Ansaldo
have the same problems on mac...
want to switch to 4bank mode, but i can only choose between 4 LED
Candie Kletter
have the same problems on mac...
want to switch to 4bank mode, but i can only choose between 4 LED
Retta Chimento
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
The firmware update seemed to go through on my Mac, but I can't seem to enable 4 Banks Mode Internal. I can only toggle between off (LED's off) and "external" (4 LED's on). Internal is supposed to be indicated by 2 LED's, right? Also, the FX Hold is not working which is another indicator that the new firmware didn't take.

**EDIT**

Using the Windows firmware updater had the same results as above. Manually updating the firmware using Flip and the .hex file from Sourceforge allowed the firmware to actually update. I now have access to 4 Banks Mode Internal.
I have the same problem,...can you point me to resources on how to update the firmware the way you did?
Meg Reinoehl

**EDIT**

Laquita Coduto
Updated successfully to new firmware, can't get 4 banks to work on all 4 decks properly. It seems to only function on deck a only as in Eans video. Could use some advice.....

edit....got it working, not sure what i did though lol

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy