Reply to Can't get Midi Fighter working on PC

Can't get Midi Fighter working on PC
Hey guys,

I'm having no joy getting my MidiFighter working on my PC

I've read many of the LED threads that have just come up so I've managed to flash the MidiFghter properly via Flip to the latest firmware as mine was one of the early batches.

However the Midi Fighter doesn't come up as an available Midi device in Traktor or Ableton.

When I try different USB ports - it installs a USB Audio Device and USB Composite Device each time. When I go into Device Manager one of my USB Audio Devices says - "Location 0 (Midifigher)" and under the properties tab there is 'MIDI Devices and Instruments' and 'WDM Midi Device' under there.

I've found USBAudio.sys and copied it to %WINDOWS%\system32 as per the following thread:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=13273

And when I look at the Driver Details for the audio device it is pointing to %WINDOWS%\system32\drivers\USBAudio.sys so it is pointing there.

I just don't understand why it's not coming up as an available Midi device in either Traktor or Ableton.

I've also tried looking for the registry as per the link above but can't find either of those values at all and I've even searched for all "ProductID"s

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 and have a Focusrite Saffire USB 6 sound card.

I've got a Korg nanoKontrol working so I know that I can get Midi but not coming from the Midi Fighter.

Can someone please help?

Would uploading screenshots of my device manager help? Where should it show up?

You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy