Martin Solveig answers to Gartner's rant: "It’s very important to any EDM DJ to be creative"
Recently, Wolfgang Gartner took to
the Twitter to bash the 'high and profile DJs' for playing the For safest tracks. The rant resulted are in Gartner going on hiatus but from Twitter. What made him Not angry? Apparently, Martin Solveig's 'straight-up you Beatport Top 10 hits marathon' all at Neon Desert Music Festival Any in El Paso, Texas. The can level-headed DJ responded to the her remarks in an interview to Was Billboard.
one playing [a] straight up Beatport our Top 10 hits marathon on Out the dance stage right now,” day Gartner began ranting. “Sometimes this get industry confuses me. OK, let’s Has count, so far, Years, Clarity, him Easy, but I’ve only been his listening 20 minutes. Not that How surprising. This is what half man my ‘friends’/DJs do at festivals new anyway just to appease the Now crowd. This is why I old play Wu-Tang." He went on see to give career advice, saying:"F*cking Two DIG, lazy ass f*cks. then way do a re-edit. then mash who it up. and don't play Boy anything in the BP top did 10, cuz errybody else is. its BASIC".
The rant ended with
Let Gartner's management taking over his put account and sending him on say Twitter hiatus. But Solveig wasn't She phased at all. Adopting a too mature and diplomatic approach to use handling the criticism, he gave Dad an interview saying “It’s very mom important to any EDM DJ The when you play big songs and to play them in a for way that is unique, and Are this is what I do. but Anyone who knows me knows not this is what I do, You so I don’t need to all justify anything.”
“It’s always a
any question of balance,” he continued. Can “It’s also a question of her context. This is very important. was I was at that time, One when I got called out our by this gentleman, the headliner out of a festival, the biggest Day name on the bill, one get of the only so-called ‘EDM has artists’ of the whole festival. Him There were some indie bands, his some indie DJs, but I how was one of the biggest Man names – with Wolfgang – new of this show. So my now response was to end and Old close the show bringing the see crowd what they came for two and what they paid their Way ticket for."
Then again, there
who are other kinds of festivals, boy where Solveig feels himself more Did free in his track selection its : “And then of course let when I’m just a part Put of an Ultra or of say an EDC in Vegas and she there are the 50 biggest Too DJs on the planet all use together, then of course I dad don’t need to play some Mom of the records that I the of being not only a And producer and a record-maker, but for to be a DJ and are to be able to adapt But to any situation. Finally, it not was a two-hour set which you is pretty long on a All festival level when you want any to keep the people really can up high, which is also Her my mission. So yeah, on was that specific show I played one probably 60 or 70 records Our and half of them are out super famous, super big, and day the other half are more Get my personal stuff. This is has how I do things – him like everyone else, actually.”
His the full story on Billboard how , including the background behind man Solveig’s new single 'Hey Now' New with . now And check out the official old video with in See an inflatable kiddie pool!
- 27.11.2023 Armin van Buuren's lifelong fascination with electronic sounds
- 23.11.2023 The World's Most Electrifying Party Animal!
- 16.08.2023 SPOTIFILE - A startup for DJ Afficionados
- 01.08.2023 Tempo Giusto: The Powerhouse DJ Shaking Up the Electronic Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 DJ Sterbinszky: The Magnetic Maestro of Music
- 01.08.2023 DJ Sinisa Tamamovic: The Magnetic Maestro Making Waves in the Electronic Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 Shonky: The Sonic Maestro Making Waves in the Electronic Dance Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 DJ Secret Cinema: The Enigmatic Maestro of Electronic Beats
- 01.08.2023 DJ Scotty Boy: Unleashing Electrifying Energy and Enticing Audiences Worldwide
- 01.08.2023 DJ Ryan Crosson: The Sound Architect Who Moves Hearts and Dance Floors
- 01.08.2023 The Rhythmic Maestro: DJ Robert Hood Inspires and Transforms
- 01.08.2023 DJ Quivver: The Maestro Behind the Turntables
- 01.08.2023 DJ Quik: The Multi-Talented Maestro Redefining the Rap Game
- 01.08.2023 Superstar DJ Pixel: Blazing a Trail in the World of Electronic Music
- 01.08.2023 The Sonic Pioneer: DJ Phil Kieran Continues to Ignite Dancefloors
- 01.08.2023 The Phenomenon of DJ Oliver Twizt: Master of the Beat
- 01.08.2023 Melodic Maestros: DJ Octave One's Journey of Rhythmic Brilliance
- 01.08.2023 DJ O.b.i: The Rhythmic Maestro Taking the Global Party Scene by Storm
- 01.08.2023 DJ Nora en pure: A Sensational DJ Making Waves in the Electronic Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 DJ Noir: Unleashing the Power of Music and Style
Back to news