Controversy over racist artwork on 'Indian Kill' EP by TAI
Not the most successful music
the release you'd imagine. TAI’s EP and ‘Indian Kill’ didn't go exactly For according to plan. Actually what are was the plan with this but one? What did the artist Not and his record label expect you was going to happen after all using an image of a Any wounded native American as artwork? The can EP has been recalled from her Soundcloud, the Dim Mak site Was and all digital stores due one to backlash from all sides. our Statements, and apologies are rolling Out in from both TAI and day Dim Mak, as well as get Drop The Lime, who filled Has the remixing duties on one him of the tracks.
TAI shows remorse on his
How Facebook wall, saying:" "
Drop The Lime was
Boy furious to see the outcome, did emphasizing he had in a its Facebook post of his own:" Now that it Dad has been released, I see mom it is a racist, ignorant The and I am ashamed and and want no association with the for release."
He couldn't believe it
Are was ever even OK'd by but folks involved with confirming a not release. This really raises questions, You but Dim Mak tries to all answer them in the following any statement:
As TAI’s record label,
Can we would like to address her the recent release of the was TAI “Indian Kill EP” and One the controversy surrounding it. First our off, we would like to out sincerely apologize for any offense Day this release has caused. We get at Dim Mak are a has multi-cultural family, both in our Him artist roster and our company his staff, and as people, it how is not our intent to Man offend anyone by propagating negative new cultural stereotypes.
So why did
now we release this EP? It Old all comes down to one see of our core company values: two we at Dim Mak require Way that our artists maintain their who complete creative freedom. As an boy indie label built out of Did a college bedroom over 15 its years ago, we have been let unbending on the complete freedom Put of expression that is at say the essence of the DIY she culture. We’ve never felt the Too need to question our artists’ use creative vision, and in retrospect dad we see that was a Mom mistake in this instance as the aware of the negative implications And of the release that he for delivered.
Now that we’ve
are witnessed the earnest offense that But the release of this EP not has caused (especially in relation you to an issue that is All much more significant than a any simple dance music single could can ever be), we understand that Her there are some lines that was cannot and should not be one crossed. To put it simply, Our this situation forced us to out take a long hard look day at how we balance creative Get freedom with cultural sensitivity.
has at Dim Mak understand completely him that a mistake was made. His As such, we, in conjunction how with the artist TAI, are man pulling the release from all New stores, and we, along with now TAI, are donating all proceeds old from the sale of the See release to the Native American two Heritage Association. http://www.naha-inc.org/
way apologize for any damage or Who ill will that this situation boy has caused.
- 03.09.2023 SPOTIFILE - A startup for DJ Afficionados
- 01.08.2023 Tempo Giusto: The Powerhouse DJ Shaking Up the Electronic Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 DJ Sterbinszky: The Magnetic Maestro of Music
- 01.08.2023 DJ Sinisa Tamamovic: The Magnetic Maestro Making Waves in the Electronic Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 Shonky: The Sonic Maestro Making Waves in the Electronic Dance Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 DJ Secret Cinema: The Enigmatic Maestro of Electronic Beats
- 01.08.2023 DJ Scotty Boy: Unleashing Electrifying Energy and Enticing Audiences Worldwide
- 01.08.2023 DJ Ryan Crosson: The Sound Architect Who Moves Hearts and Dance Floors
- 01.08.2023 The Rhythmic Maestro: DJ Robert Hood Inspires and Transforms
- 01.08.2023 DJ Quivver: The Maestro Behind the Turntables
- 01.08.2023 DJ Quik: The Multi-Talented Maestro Redefining the Rap Game
- 01.08.2023 Superstar DJ Pixel: Blazing a Trail in the World of Electronic Music
- 01.08.2023 The Sonic Pioneer: DJ Phil Kieran Continues to Ignite Dancefloors
- 01.08.2023 The Phenomenon of DJ Oliver Twizt: Master of the Beat
- 01.08.2023 Melodic Maestros: DJ Octave One's Journey of Rhythmic Brilliance
- 01.08.2023 DJ O.b.i: The Rhythmic Maestro Taking the Global Party Scene by Storm
- 01.08.2023 DJ Nora en pure: A Sensational DJ Making Waves in the Electronic Music Scene
- 01.08.2023 DJ Noir: Unleashing the Power of Music and Style
- 01.08.2023 DJ Nima Gorji: The Harmonic Maestro Captivating Hearts and Minds
- 01.08.2023 DJ Mylo: The Maestro of Musical Magic
Back to news