Ellie Goulding covers the Weeknd
"I didn't necessarily think about the context... I just really love the way [The Weeknd] sings in this song," said Goulding. "It's very meaningful and very heartfelt."
Three years after Ellie Goulding and The Weeknd scored smash hits from the Fifty Shades soundtrack ("Love Me Like You Do" and "Earned It," respectively), the former artist has paid tribute to the latter with a cover that's appropriately all hot and bothered.
While visiting BBC Radio 1's famed Live Lounge on Wednesday (November 28), Goulding delivered a faithful performance of The Weeknd's most recent single, "Call Out My Name." Like Abel's original version, the cover packs a ton of emotion and intensity into just four minutes so much so, that when Goulding was done, she admitted, "I'm hot, I'm hot... in temperature!"
And for an extra dose of satisfaction, Goulding even snuck in a bit of Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River" in the song's final moments. "It's quite sexy, I think," she admitted and we'd have to agree.
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news