John Mayer Decided To Get Sober After Drakes 30th Birthday Party
"If I were to tell other people how they could do it, it just is so particular to your own spirit and your own psychology that its almost impossible to develop one way of explaining it to someone else."
The 41-year-old singer and musician said in a new interview with Complex that he quit drinking after making "quite a fool" of himself at Drake's celebration in October 2016.
John Mayer is a changed man. In addition to being marginally less of a dick, according to him, Mayer has also been sober for two years, indirectly because of Drake. As Mayer tells it toComplex, he has the most amazing last-night-of-my-life-drinking story and hes not wrong. The last time Mayer drank was at Drakes 30th birthday party in October 2016 where at least 2 of his 500 sexual conquests (or just celeb exes), Katy Perry and Taylor Swift, were also in attendance.
I would love to be sitting in here and saying, I have nothing to say about Kanye because hes somewhere treating himself or hes somewhere being OK, he continues. "Im not gonna shy away from the Kanye conversation because its like an MMA fight where the guys not tapping out and his ref isnt calling the fight. So hes still a topic of conversation and I cannot wait until the day it would insensitive to talk about him. I cant wait. Please, do us the favor of making it seem a little unsavory and a little tacky to talk about it because you tapped out. Please, tap out. I tapped out. Tap out.
"One year ago today, i decided to give drinking a break. A very personal thing for everyone. For me, a constant return on investment," he wrote. "I post this because I want people to know that 'that's enough for now' is on the menu, so to speak."
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news