A Sit Down With DJ Ben Gold
You may know him as Ben Gold, but others know him as Mr. Goldrush. He is one of the most exciting and astoundingly talented DJ/producers in the scene today and since his beginnings he has shown nothing but an incredible understanding of the trance community and has offered up exactly what we trances need and crave.
"One melody can change the world, Im aware of that, and when theres just one person who can make it with music its an accomplishment."
When did you know producing and DJing were what you wanted to do? What were some of the challenges that you faced up till now?
I knew when I was 16 that I wanted to be involved with music, trance especially. Doing this job full-time is like any other job; good days, bad days, long days, etc ..its the passion for the music, which helps with overcoming this. This industry/scene is highly competitive with amazing talent so you have to keep your eye-on-the-ball all the time and keep pushing forward.
Why did you choose trance?
You have to make music that is connected with something. When I listen to trance it takes me somewhere, I think I can even forget what has been going on in my life. If I have had a really bad day I can just listen to a record which I really like and and lifes going to be OK after that.
Whats your inspiration for your productions? Do you feed off your emotions? Is it the places youve visited? The people you meet and surround you?
Dancefloor. The dancefloor for me is my inspiration. I have written my most well known productions after playing big shows.
You made your first Garuda vocal track, are you going to start producing more vocal tracks from now on?
There are defiantly going to be more vocal productions from me in 2013. I really enjoyed the writing progress of Fall With Me, and very happy with the end product!
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE TRANCE MOMENTS FROM 2017? DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SURPRISES OR PLANS FOR 2018?
I started 2017 with selling out an 8-hour solo show in Montreal, played at Dreamstate, Tomorrowland, Electronic Family and I closed A State Of Trance ADE Special, and I finished the year with releasing Kingdoms! Ive been hard at work in the studio working on a mini-album project for 2018 which Im super stoked for. I think youre gonna love it!
What would you wish yourself for your future?
Health. Thats my ultimate wish, because without that you cant do anything. I wish all that is good for my friends and family, I wish to love and to be loved. I actually do what I can to make this wish real I look after myself, Im training hard, I do not drink too much alcohol. The beer I have in my hand right now is my second one and Im done for today yes, thats it, because I have to get home, I have to get up tomorrow and begin a new day with my music.
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news