A Sit Down with DJ Arnej
Arnej is one of the best disciples of Markus Schulz! It is revealed in 2008 on "Coldharbour Recordings" with the hit "They Always Come Back", shaking dancefloors around the world, present in the playlists of both the best Trance DJs and the best DJs of the House scene. Specialist melodramatic atmospheres, his work is cared for and valued by Armin Van Buuren, Markus Schulz and many others! Talented also behind the turntables, he was voted 2nd best DJ in North America and "Breakthrough DJ" at the 26th edition of IDMA at the "Winter Music Conference" in Miami.
"You can master all the riches and material values ??in the world, but if you do not feel happy, then why is this all?"
Tell us a bit about how you grew up, and how that eventually led to The Producer/DJ We know today?
I grew up no differently than most kids did. I played outside a lot, got into trouble every so often and probably didn't spend enough time doing my homework! Most people may find it a surprise (or not) that my musical beginnings didn't happen till much later on. You'll often read about artists and it will say they grew up with music in the family, they've listened to so and so since early on and so forth. Such was not the case with me. I had no interest in music until my mid teens, back when Aqua were the latest and greatest group. Eventually I stumbled across some early electronica music mostly thanks to the advent of the internet.
Except Arnej, you let out tracks also under a name 8 Wonders. Is there any difference in the sound of these two projects?
In Arnej's works, I'm not limited to anything in terms of style: progressive house, trance, anything. At the same time, 8 Wonders from the very beginning was exclusively trance - aplifting, high energy, etc. I admit, at some point I wanted to be recognized under my own name. Therefore, the choice was made in favor of Arnej, with a deliberate intention to put an end to 8 Wonders. But I did not get rid of it to the end, because I still have a lot of ideas about applifting trance tracks. It is for this reason that I resurrected the Wonders project last year with the work "The Return".
In most cases, the trial and error method works. But not always. It happens that the name of the track appears in my head first. This gives me a certain mood, which leads to new musical ideas.
What can the crowd expect of your sets?
The crowd can expect a journey. I know that word is thrown around a lot and mostly forgotten these days in music, but that is my aim with my music and my sets, to set you on a journey. The listeners of ASOT will definitely be in for a treat as my set will be quite special. I wont say how, but tune in and youll find out!
Modern music producers are not just composers. They should have sufficient knowledge and skills in the field of new technologies, be able to work with software, hardware, etc. What is the ratio between the technical and creative component in the producer's profession you think is ideal?
I think 50 to 50. If you write the coolest track, but it will be poor in terms of production, then I'm pretty sure that it will remain unattended. Similarly, with the reverse - if your track is perfect in terms of technical performance, but there is no "soul" in it, then it will go to "milk." In my opinion, there must be a balance between the musical component and all sorts of technical know-how used in the track.
Any other special news we should know about?
Id just like to let people know that my next single Dust In The Wind is coming out, April 13th on the Coldharbour label. The Arnej album is also heavily in production, so keep an eye out or ear? for that one!
- 26.01.2019 Missy Elliott, John Prine, Yusuf/Cat Stevens Among 2019 Songwriters
- 26.01.2019 Justin Timberlake Surprises Atlanta Crowd With T.I.
- 25.01.2019 Kelly Rowland Talks 2019 Album
- 14.01.2019 NFL Confirms Maroon 5, Travis Scott & Big Boi to Perform at Super Bowl
- 25.01.2019 Demi Lovato Responds to Rumors About Her Recovery
- 14.01.2019 GRLwood Serves Up Kentucky Fried Queer Punk
- 23.01.2019 Miley Cyrus Updated The Santa Baby Lyrics For The
- 14.01.2019 JoJo Re-Recorded Her Debut Album
- 14.01.2019 Nicki Minaj Is Being Compared To Lil Kim In New Vogue
- 09.01.2019 Two Beyoncé Albums Were Leaked On Spotify
- 23.01.2019 The Biggest Music Releases To Get Excited About In 2019
- 09.01.2019 Kathy Griffin Calls Out No Women Among Top-Paid Comedians
- 25.12.2018 Gwen Stefani heading to demo about concert stampede
- 25.12.2018 Jennifer Lopez understands Alex Rodriguez marriage speculation
- 25.12.2018 Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
- 25.12.2018 Please Dont Let Miley Cyrus Make Another Hip-Hop Album
- 23.12.2018 Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Might Get Engaged Soon
- 23.12.2018 Britney Spears Meets Nine Inch Nails On Betta Lemmes New Track
- 23.12.2018 Ariana Grande Honors A Simple, Beautiful Love On New Track Imagine
- 14.12.2018 Women Dominated The 2019 Grammy Nominations
Back to news