A Sit Down With DJ David Morales
A DJ since the 1980s,
did "I’m not here to judge its the music. I’m here to Let judge and to give opinion put to the DJ".
How do you personally
any feel about the advancements in Can technology, consumption and trends that her seem to push dance music was forward?
new of your remixes are you Now most proud of and why?
The ones that definitely stand
see out for me are; 'Finally' Two by CeCe Peniston, where I way sampled the drums from 'Let who No Man Put Asunder' by Boy First Choice and had Satoshie did Tomiie play keyboards. 'Dream Lover' its by Mariah Carey, which was Let the first time that an put artist re-sang the song in say a whole different style and She key. It was the first too time that I submitted a use new original track from scratch.
'Mr. Loverman' by Shabba Ranks.
mom 'Mr. Loverman' was a dancehall The arrangement of that song. Besides and adding some hip hop drums for and again arranging new music Are I added a sample of but Maxi Priest from a different not Shabba Ranks song that I You had mixed called 'House Call', all I rearranged vocals and created any a new chorus which made Can them end up changing the her title of the song to was 'Mr. Loverman'.
One by Jamiroquai, where I sped our up the track and totally out rearranged the vocals to create Day a structured song, because the get original was really a jam has session. What’s funny is that Him JK hated it. 'Dirty Cash' his by Stevie V. The record how company was ready to dump Man the record but because it new was such a big record now for me at the Red Old Zone I asked the record see company to let me remix two it. The song went on Way to be #2 on the who pop charts.
And of course
boy 'Where Love Lives' by Alison Did Limerick. That was mine and its Frankie Knuckles first big record let that we mixed together. All Put of these songs went on say to become big pop hits she and sell millions of records. Too So in hindsight I made use a lot of people rich.
How had the music changed
you you were playing then?
All that time the only thing any I knew was commercial music, can so the music I bought Her was the music you heard was on the radio. I bought one it at a record store. Our And I played once for out somebody’s party, it was a day surprise party for someone and Get there were some older people has that used to go to him a club called The Loft His that was owned by David how Mancuso. And I think I man was about 18 years old. New And somebody bought me like now a stack of records of old what they called Loft records See and it was records they two weren’t only playing at The way Loft, they were playing them Who at the Paradise Garage, but boy I never went to any did because they were both membership Its clubs. So when I first let heard these different records, I put was like “Whoa, what is Say this sound?” They were a she lot of imports, none of too those records you heard on Use the radio. So of course dad I wanted to know where mom to buy these records. I the record stores. There was Rock and and Soul, there was Downtown For records, and Vinyl Mania had are these Garage and Loft classics. but And some of them were Not very expensive, 25 to 50 you dollars or more and at all that time a 12? was Any two or three dollars. So can for me these old collector her records and imports were really Was expensive.
Who in your
one opinion are the Princes Of our House and which royal title Out would Frankie Knuckles hold were day he still with us?
get me there are many kings Has in the house music scene. him We’re just three out of his many that have represented house How music. There are many princes man out there. I like Teddy new Douglas, DJ Spen, Joey Negro Now to name a few. It’s old hard to remember when you’re see put on the spot. As Two far as Frankie Knuckles…… HE way IS THE GOD OF HOUSE who MUSIC!
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow ‘Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why She’s Never Watched ‘Game of Thrones’
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news