Midi being sent to volume faders even when nothing is being touched.

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Midi being sent to volume faders even when nothing is being touched.Reply
Midi being sent to volume faders even when nothing is being touched.
Posted on: 03.04.2012 by Charmain Liesegang
HELP.

My volume faders are acting up.

VCI shows the midi light flashing when nothing is even being done. Had the USB unconnected and it was still showing signal being sent randomly.

Any ideas? My volume faders for 1 and 2 are basically useless because they will not stay in there positions.

Charmain Liesegang
HELP.

My volume faders are acting up.

VCI shows the midi light flashing when nothing is even being done. Had the USB unconnected and it was still showing signal being sent randomly.

Any ideas? My volume faders for 1 and 2 are basically useless because they will not stay in there positions.

Donella Bentch
Only a question: Is there any other mapping active except the Vestax mapping? Check your preferences/controller manager/ Devices. All other mappings should have the Status "None" at the in/out Ports.
Kittie Aitchison
I would try to use Caig deoxit d5 to clean. It's the best contact cleaner / restorer available.
Kayhan Polat
try the paper cushion for now till there's a solution
Charmain Liesegang
I've tried to clean stuff and it is still acting up. Unit cannot be gigged with in present condition and I am VERY frustrated. I have not taken the top off to do a FULL cleaning but I sprayed the faders with air and contact cleaner. Still not working correctly.

PLEASE help!
Leeanna Ayla
Looks like the faders dirty and needs cleaning. You might just have a piece of dust or something stuck in there that you might be able to blow out.

http://www.djranking s.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/
Kayhan Polat
This also happens on the S4. Just fold a piece of paper small enough as a cushion and place it on the bottom of the fader so whenever you slide the fader all the way down, it will hit the paper cushion so it wont "glitch" like that.

Temporary fix at least.
Charmain Liesegang
Yes and yes. It is just glitchy. where is the community help??
Edwina Fagel
Have you tried changing the usb port or cable?
Charmain Liesegang
SO I narrowed down the issue.

I only get the glitched when I have the Ch.2 ( or fader # 3) completely to the bottom. That is when things act up. If it is even a tiny bit above the bottom it will not do it. I can get the volume level out all the way but cannot bottom out the fader on the VCI-400 without the glitchs.

It seems that anytime I use the Ch.2 fader on the VCI It glitches up and makes the Ch.1 / Fader #1 tweak out.
Charmain Liesegang
Here is a you tube link of the problem I recorded.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy