This is too awesome!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: This is too awesome!Reply
This is too awesome!
Posted on: 27.03.2012 by Leighann Kashat
I managed to make my dream setup become reality! All I had to do is following:

1. Start JackOSX

2. Route the audio from Traktor to Ableton via the VCI-400's awesone soundcard

3. Put the audio in Traktor to external mode to "remove" the control over the volume faders

4. In ableton, check in track and remote in the MIDI settings

5. Mapped the volume faders and cue buttons in ableton

And the result: I now have seperate audio channels that I can control the audio, cue and add VST's and effects that I can use in combination with the current effect presets in Traktor (such as the jog FX), will post screenshots when I get home from work
Brenna Welbes
Originally Posted by bearish
I have PC, does anyone have instructions to make work it as mac, ableton and traktor?
I have been looking into this. You might try Virtual Audio Card. I'm waiting until I get my new Lenovo laptop before I really delve into it.

Here's the link. Scroll down the page a little ways and you'll see it:
http://www.barix.com/downloads/Software_tools/221/
Leighann Kashat
Originally Posted by RobotNinja
Can you still cue your tracks in your headphones? That was the issue I was having while running Traktor and Ableton through jackosx.
You can, but as the guide says: too avoid mapping issues between both programs, unmap the cueing function in traktor and make sure you set your inputs correctly
Carey Leid
Originally Posted by Lilja
I made this guide while using my EGE so: YES
Bossanova
Leighann Kashat
Originally Posted by kamjongill
Bump with a question: Will this work with the EGE??
Leighann Kashat
Sorry for not uploading the images yesterday but here goes:

1: Run JackOSX and apply the settings as shown on the SS (download from http://jackosx.com/)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.04.51 PM.jpg

2: Start Traktor pro and choose Jackrouter as your audio device

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.06.03 PM.jpg

3: Go to audio output routing and choose external mode and select the outs as following (since we are routing traktors audio through ableton)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.06.13 PM.jpg

4: Do the same in traktors input routing settings

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.10.18 PM.jpg

5: Run Ableton Live and select Jackrouter as your input device and the VCI-400 as your output device (helps your CPU alot)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.11.06 PM.jpg

6: Head for Abletons MIDI sync settings and check Track and Remote for your VCI-400, this will you to map your controller to Ableton!

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.11.22 PM.jpg

7: Almost there! Now create 4 audio tracks (one for each deck) which will be receiving traktors audio, then, you will make 4 additional audio tracks which house each of your decks audio effects and VST's. Now route your "deck tracks" to the corresponding "effect track" which will finally be routed to the master channel (where you can add a limiter/maximer/mastering tool)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.11.37 PM.jpg

8: Now map your faders to your track decks audio (make sure you set your faders "max" to 0 DB) and your cue buttons to abletons cue (note: I figured you should unmap your cueing in traktor unless, because otherwise, the LEDS will be lit when your cueing is not even on and vice-versa)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.12.06 PM.jpg

9: If you could follow my rather *hitty explanation, everything should be running smoothly, with low latency and you will be able to jam with additional effects to make your VCI-400 EVEN COOLER!

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.13.58 PM.jpg

NOTE*: I haven't figured out how to use the loop recorder with this setup, If anyone knows how, don't hesitate to contribute your knowledge!

NOTE**: To record your set, make an additional audio track and set it's "audio from" to the master channel

Hope this helps!
Joya Masi
Sounds awesome, would love to see how you do it. I want to incorporate VSTs with Traktor too...

1. Start JackOSX

3. Put the audio in Traktor to external mode to "remove" the control over the volume faders

And the result: I now have seperate audio channels that I can control the audio, cue and add VST's and effects that I can use in combination with the current effect presets in Traktor (such as the jog FX), will post screenshots when I get home from work
Leighann Kashat

1. Start JackOSX

Brenna Welbes
Originally Posted by bearish
I have PC, does anyone have instructions to make work it as mac, ableton and traktor?
I have been looking into this. You might try Virtual Audio Card. I'm waiting until I get my new Lenovo laptop before I really delve into it.

Here's the link. Scroll down the page a little ways and you'll see it:
http://www.barix.com/downloads/Software_tools/221/
Brunilda Kora
Jack for Windows was a pita a while back. I haven't checked recently, but the win version doesn't have a GUI like the Mac version...
Angele Haslacker
Leighann Kashat
Originally Posted by RobotNinja
Can you still cue your tracks in your headphones? That was the issue I was having while running Traktor and Ableton through jackosx.
You can, but as the guide says: too avoid mapping issues between both programs, unmap the cueing function in traktor and make sure you set your inputs correctly
Carey Leid
Bossanova
Larraine Hannum
Leighann Kashat
Originally Posted by kamjongill
Carey Leid
Lisa Lochotzki
Leighann Kashat
Le bump!
Leighann Kashat
Sorry for not uploading the images yesterday but here goes:

1: Run JackOSX and apply the settings as shown on the SS (download from http://jackosx.com/)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.04.51 PM.jpg

2: Start Traktor pro and choose Jackrouter as your audio device

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.06.03 PM.jpg

3: Go to audio output routing and choose external mode and select the outs as following (since we are routing traktors audio through ableton)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.06.13 PM.jpg

4: Do the same in traktors input routing settings

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.10.18 PM.jpg

5: Run Ableton Live and select Jackrouter as your input device and the VCI-400 as your output device (helps your CPU alot)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.11.06 PM.jpg

6: Head for Abletons MIDI sync settings and check Track and Remote for your VCI-400, this will you to map your controller to Ableton!

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.11.22 PM.jpg

7: Almost there! Now create 4 audio tracks (one for each deck) which will be receiving traktors audio, then, you will make 4 additional audio tracks which house each of your decks audio effects and VST's. Now route your "deck tracks" to the corresponding "effect track" which will finally be routed to the master channel (where you can add a limiter/maximer/mastering tool)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.11.37 PM.jpg

8: Now map your faders to your track decks audio (make sure you set your faders "max" to 0 DB) and your cue buttons to abletons cue (note: I figured you should unmap your cueing in traktor unless, because otherwise, the LEDS will be lit when your cueing is not even on and vice-versa)

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.12.06 PM.jpg

9: If you could follow my rather *hitty explanation, everything should be running smoothly, with low latency and you will be able to jam with additional effects to make your VCI-400 EVEN COOLER!

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 9.13.58 PM.jpg

NOTE*: I haven't figured out how to use the loop recorder with this setup, If anyone knows how, don't hesitate to contribute your knowledge!

NOTE**: To record your set, make an additional audio track and set it's "audio from" to the master channel

Hope this helps!
Carey Leid
+1 on the screenshot!
Dario Nghe
Awesome +1, please show the screen shot ASAP thanks
Joya Masi
Sounds awesome, would love to see how you do it. I want to incorporate VSTs with Traktor too...

1. Start JackOSX

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy