Will you save my life or am i just a noob not worthy of saving?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: Will you save my life or am i just a noob not worthy of saving?Reply
Will you save my life or am i just a noob not worthy of saving?
Posted on: 01.12.2013 by Jeanice Adewole
Hi guys.

I'm new to this community and to the sport :-) Good to find you all on here.

I seem to have an issue hopefully you can help me with. Have searched throught the community and didn't find something already posted. Hopefully i didn't miss it if it is on here.

I've contacted the local supplier of Vestax here in Melbourne and they have not got back to me in 4 weeks.

I've mailed Vestax global support and they haven't got back in 1 week.

Here is my issue. So my controller was working ok.

One day as i try to power it on, nothing. No lights. The only thing that does work is the red "Adaptor" LED blinking. And when I connect the USB cable, the orange USB LED lights up. But the controller is not recognised as connected and nothing works.

Am I missing something obvious here? Everything is in working order. All plugged in and ok obviously :-)

Also just a quick question as to whether the headphone out on the vci 400 should always work as in an analogue mixer or if it needs routing through Traktor or something.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys/gals.

Take care,

FunkySardine
Jeanice Adewole
Hi guys.

I'm new to this community and to the sport :-) Good to find you all on here.

I seem to have an issue hopefully you can help me with. Have searched throught the community and didn't find something already posted. Hopefully i didn't miss it if it is on here.

I've contacted the local supplier of Vestax here in Melbourne and they have not got back to me in 4 weeks.

I've mailed Vestax global support and they haven't got back in 1 week.

Here is my issue. So my controller was working ok.

One day as i try to power it on, nothing. No lights. The only thing that does work is the red "Adaptor" LED blinking. And when I connect the USB cable, the orange USB LED lights up. But the controller is not recognised as connected and nothing works.

Am I missing something obvious here? Everything is in working order. All plugged in and ok obviously :-)

Also just a quick question as to whether the headphone out on the vci 400 should always work as in an analogue mixer or if it needs routing through Traktor or something.

Thanks a lot for all your help guys/gals.

Take care,

FunkySardine
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Vestax support is pretty bad. Just threaten them that you will approach the minister for consumer affairs if you don't get assistance in a timely manner. They will get back to you pretty quickly and you will get personal service.

But yeah try the drivers and maybe the firmware. Also make sure the usb connects to you computer, if not replace the cable. Although I just turned mine on and the lights should come on even without it being connected so It may be something else.. Remember with Australian Consumer Law you can take it back the either the store you bought it from or the manufacturer either/both are required to assist you.
Jeanice Adewole
Hey there, thanks for the reply.

Yes I am on Windows and have tried a re-install. The install goes through but then comes up with "Device not Connected".

I guess I can wait for Vestax to reply. It's just summer, who's going to want to play music during the summer :-)
Charline Dye
If you are on windows try re-installing the drivers.

If not contact Vestax directly.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy