What Do You Plan On Using Your MidiFighter For?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: What Do You Plan On Using Your MidiFighter For?Reply
What Do You Plan On Using Your MidiFighter For?
Posted on: 07.01.2010 by Sheri Cluckey
Well I'll get the ball rolling here. I've currently got a couple of different mapped uses for it. Its controlling my drums in reason and I have set it up to control some of my options in Serato including 3 cue points per deck, in & out loop functions and a preset 4 bar loop, and using the bottom 4 buttons I have them set up to scroll through my music and load the selected track to either deck..Almost want to buy the second one to expand my options a little bit when djing live..maybe..

What does everybody else have in mind?
Sheri Cluckey
Well I'll get the ball rolling here. I've currently got a couple of different mapped uses for it. Its controlling my drums in reason and I have set it up to control some of my options in Serato including 3 cue points per deck, in & out loop functions and a preset 4 bar loop, and using the bottom 4 buttons I have them set up to scroll through my music and load the selected track to either deck..Almost want to buy the second one to expand my options a little bit when djing live..maybe..

What does everybody else have in mind?
Mac Fly
Eans TSI is great and very intuitive. It Gives you the option to mix 4 decks easier with antoher 2 deck midi controller like the VCI 100, It gives you hotcues from 1-8 for each deck, lots of effect combos with the beatmasher and filters and a 8 beat sampler!!

I always wanted to use cool studder effects with just the touch of a button! It would take me forever to pull off a mapping like that one.

Only thing I would like to change would be a way to incorperate more effects than just the beatmasher, filter 92 and delay.

4 banks mode would be cool!
Thersa Nearn
My setup (when it finally arrives) In Traktor: White buttons - Top middle two, loop in & out. Bottom middle two for effects send one and two. Black buttons - The middle eight are cue points one thru eight. Red buttons - The four corners will be for deck focus A,B,C,D.

And I'm just gonna bash the hell outta drums, samples & sequences in Renoise.
Jerome Frana
I just saw a demo of the DJ-Tech Kontrol One, and in my mind I saw the usage of the Kontrol One and the Midi Fighter a good combo. Kontrol One for searching in browse menu or track and MF for cue etc.

My current setup is 2 dn-s1200 + the MF.
Berniece Savi
sort of torn between-

currently using the top 4 to turn on/off the steps in a step sequencer i built in Live using dummy clips. bottom 4 are dedicated to turning the input to the sequencer on, a looper on its output and a looper on my master with speed controls...its the best cause the LEDs show me which steps are on and off!

BUT i want like 4 more midi fighters so i can play all my old school video game patches on them as midi instruments too!
Edna Cuzzo
I'm playing with Mainstage!
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=10359
Donnette Parish
I have something I'm happy with. The bottom 8 buttons are hot cues for deck A. The 4 above that turn on the filter and effects. Above that I have toggle on/off for the beatmasher, slicer, and gater. And the top left button switches everything to deck B. I'm curious to know what other people have done...
Berniece Savi
everything now that its heere!
Danny Wendt
I was believeing of using my MidiFighter alongside my new monome (should arrive sometime early next week).

Most likely I'll have it toggle/engage effects and maybe activate a looper thru Ableton.

Check out what Edison does in this video here: http://vimeo.com/5643462

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy