little issue

little issue
Posted on: 15.01.2010 by Claud Balkum
Hi!
I just plugged my midi fighter and noticed that one button seem to be stuck. The light is alway open and it doesn't seem to send any message.
Someone can help me on this?
thx
Glynis Mangona
Originally Posted by midifidler
I believe I figured out what has happened with you MF's guys.

Look at the left clip of the button which always has the led on, carefully look around the edge on the top and bottom side, can you see any copper which has leaked up to the edge of the clip hole?

I noticed one like this on the last batch I made.

It can be fixed by scraping the copper away so it doesnt touch the clip, or just contact sales and have them ship you a replacement.
argh...seems that i have developed this issue too...after working fine for weeks

tried plugging it in holding the first button...as well as holding the four corners.

when i look at the clip for copper that's out of place on the stuck (upper, left) button...what i THINK i'm seeing is actually some exposed wire that is meant to be under the PCB coating...it's just under the left side of the left clip, on the top of the PCB.

i guess i should contact support for a new PCB?
Claud Balkum
Originally Posted by xerxes333
Hey man, I had that one too.
It appears that the odd time the prongs casing can recess into the button itself.
What do you mean by this sorry i'm french and I'm don't sure I understand what prongs casing mean .
Claud Balkum
Hi!
I just plugged my midi fighter and noticed that one button seem to be stuck. The light is alway open and it doesn't seem to send any message.
Someone can help me on this?
thx
Adolf Hit
Kelsey7k,

From what you describe it is failing to initiate a usb connection.

Get in touch with product support and they will swap it for a new one
Glynis Mangona
oh and if this happens to be relevant, that light is lit, with no starting pattern even when there are no buttons plugged into the pcb...

pls halp.
Glynis Mangona
Originally Posted by midifidler

Look at the left clip of the button which always has the led on, carefully look around the edge on the top and bottom side, can you see any copper which has leaked up to the edge of the clip hole?

It can be fixed by scraping the copper away so it doesnt touch the clip, or just contact sales and have them ship you a replacement.
argh...seems that i have developed this issue too...after working fine for weeks

tried plugging it in holding the first button...as well as holding the four corners.

when i look at the clip for copper that's out of place on the stuck (upper, left) button...what i THINK i'm seeing is actually some exposed wire that is meant to be under the PCB coating...it's just under the left side of the left clip, on the top of the PCB.

i guess i should contact support for a new PCB?
Adolf Hit
Sweet glad you sorted it
Mac Fly
Sorry I just fixed it by manouvering the button a little bit. No worries. Im loving the midifighter tho! I was only playing around for an hour and I was havin a blast.
Adolf Hit

Mac Fly
same issue with me too. I have all the buttons off the unit and the light is still on so it can't be a connection problem.
Adolf Hit
Hey get in contact with product support and have them send you another MF PCB - it must be the clip is shorting onto the PCB when it is expanded by the arcade terminal.
Claud Balkum
I tried switching the button and it still doing it
Edna Cuzzo
Yes.
The button was stuck.
Claud Balkum
it was the button that was causing the problem?
Edna Cuzzo
The area surrounding the connectors on the button, basically, the "male" part of the connection.
Claud Balkum
Originally Posted by xerxes333
It appears that the odd time the prongs casing can recess into the button itself.
What do you mean by this sorry i'm french and I'm don't sure I understand what prongs casing mean .
Berniece Savi
not a problem but i figured i'd mention it-

if i leave my fighter plugged in to my usb when i restart my laptop one button sticks on but as soon as the laptop finishes booting up it goes off.

maybe a switch issue?
Claud Balkum
I tried everything and I believe that is a pcb issue... I changed the button and this is alway the same spot that lighting. when all the button are unplugged no light are on.
what do I do
Claud Balkum
ok thanx I'm going to investigate further!
robert chanda
I'd take off the top plate (with the buttons inplace) and see if the light doesn't turn off, and if anything conductive hasn't fallen in and is shorting across the contacts.

If it's clear and the light does go out, suspect the Arcade button. They can be disassembled and you can check the microswitch inside to see if it's sticky. Try using a different button in that switch to check.

If all those fall through, it's a PCB issue.
Edna Cuzzo
I unplugged the thing, squeezed the tabs on the button and popped it out.
This then makes the button jam, usually in the "on" position.
A little push should pop the button back into the correct form, assuming there is nothing blocking the bottom.
Then just plug her back in.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy