using a midifighter as a midi keyboard

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: using a midifighter as a midi keyboardReply
using a midifighter as a midi keyboard
Posted on: 05.07.2010 by Milissa Graeme
Hey guys! So along with getting into djing with my first vci-100, I've also been learning and playing around in producing and since I hate using the in-software keyboard, I was wondering if a midifighter can be used as a keyboard for software such as reason and logic pro. If it can, great...what files do I need for it to work? If its too complicated,(not hack/DIY savvy ) what cheap alternatives are there?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
gabriel ortiz
Originally Posted by Schultzy0123
Hey guys! So along with getting into djing with my first vci-100, I've also been learning and playing around in producing and since I hate using the in-software keyboard, I was wondering if a midifighter can be used as a keyboard for software such as reason and logic pro. If it can, great...what files do I need for it to work? If its too complicated,(not hack/DIY savvy ) what cheap alternatives are there?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Its a MIDI device.You can make it trigger anything you want. All you have to do is map it. Although I don't believe the midifighter buttons are pressure sensitive(velocity). Just pick up a reasonable priced midi keyboard. I had an Akai MPK49. It was a beast and way more than I needed. I sold it and picked up a Line 6 KB37. Not the greatest but it meets my needs for a keyboard while in Logic. Its all personal preference really.
Milissa Graeme

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
gabriel ortiz
Originally Posted by Schultzy0123

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Its a MIDI device.You can make it trigger anything you want. All you have to do is map it. Although I don't believe the midifighter buttons are pressure sensitive(velocity). Just pick up a reasonable priced midi keyboard. I had an Akai MPK49. It was a beast and way more than I needed. I sold it and picked up a Line 6 KB37. Not the greatest but it meets my needs for a keyboard while in Logic. Its all personal preference really.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy