Input wanted, DIY addon controller

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Input wanted, DIY addon controllerReply
Input wanted, DIY addon controller
Posted on: 10.03.2010 by Harlan Beith
well, like the title states, and hopefully with input from Ean. I'm trying to incorporate the extra inputs of the MF in a second controller interface. Currently i'm in the stage of deciding the configuration for the inputs, and that's the reason for this post.

Option 1: would be an extra fx controller
8 way digital arcade joystick
4 analogue sliders/knobs

Option 2: would function as mixer support:
4 push buttons to mark headphone cue on/off a/b/c/d
4 analogue sliders for deck volume a/b/c/d

Option 3: more designated fx
4 buttons
4 sliders/knobs

Option 4: fx
2 analogue joysticks
4 pushbuttons

once I have enough votes to make an assessment I will create the pcb and controller. hopefully everything goes well and i can supply these to you guys with MFs.
Harlan Beith
well, like the title states, and hopefully with input from Ean. I'm trying to incorporate the extra inputs of the MF in a second controller interface. Currently i'm in the stage of deciding the configuration for the inputs, and that's the reason for this post.

Option 1: would be an extra fx controller
8 way digital arcade joystick
4 analogue sliders/knobs

Option 2: would function as mixer support:
4 push buttons to mark headphone cue on/off a/b/c/d
4 analogue sliders for deck volume a/b/c/d

Option 3: more designated fx
4 buttons
4 sliders/knobs

Option 4: fx
2 analogue joysticks
4 pushbuttons

once I have enough votes to make an assessment I will create the pcb and controller. hopefully everything goes well and i can supply these to you guys with MFs.
Keli Vandenbergh

If I can help...

Adolf Hit
I have played around with adding xy surfaces to the midifighter expansion with little success, it is def possible however you pretty much need to use all the expansion for 1 surface, and to get both axis working nicely you also need to add some external components.

However it is well dope used to mix fx amount of two fx units in conjunction with cue points on the MF buttons, maybe in the future I will do some work on making an easy solution for adding this...
Keli Vandenbergh

Pad xy (2 analogs) like kaoss pad.
1 xfader (new infiniums?)
pitch slider or softpot (for bend and make melodies)
the regular 8 buttons at left and the other 8 at right in 4 files x 2 rows.

You get the perfect hybrid fx/turntable emulator/cue dropper of the market! (for midifighter companion or standalone use)

I will love this one!

Ean count this one as a concept designing upgrade idea (above the mailed)

Daniell Ramji
I would love for there to be an integrated foot switch! Other than that, more buttons please =)
Adolf Hit
You need analog joysticks if you want to use them to control CC's, otherwise the joystick is just like four buttons....
Gilma Marchini
I want the 8 way joystick and faders... Joystick for a filter control like Bento originally did with his (I believe he was the one who did that), but I would love to see the vertical be a pitch control for acapellas on top of the horizontal filter.

Faders would be nice for some permanent volume controls so if I go faderFX I can still change volume (or just make those dedicated faderFX).
Adolf Hit
Option one will only work with a 4 output digital joystick so I assume by 8way you mean 4 ways (U/D/L/R) with the extra 4 ways being simultaneous combinations eg UR, UL, DR, DL
Yevette Matatall
I would have thought an extra FX station would be optimal..... simply 4 rotary pots with 4 on/off buttons with maybe an extra button that scrolls which deck you assign fx to or it could be a shift function for scrolling effects using rotays, same as is done with VCI....
Autumn Wellin
Voted for other. Don't know whether this would be possible but what would be most appropriate for me would be a scratch wheel and x-fader. I wouldn't purport to be a DJ as such and really want something which I can use to scratch along with my own productions.
Harlan Beith
if anyone knows how to write TSI files please message me, i'm believeing of the following config:

joystick up : scroll fx list up
joystick down : scroll fx list down
joystick left/right : beat sampler

4 pots for dry/wet, fx, fx, fx

if you have any better suggestions, please post them
Lottie Swafford
I consider midifighter a "special fx" dedicated controller + "hotcue madness".
So 2 joystick is a fantastic idea,Should be marvelous having extra buttons to "change page" (nocturn style) Am I wrong?....
Harlan Beith
I'm going to go ahead and start working on Option 1, with that, if you know of any inexpensive sources for parts, let me know, i'm going to go with 4 sliders for now and see how it looks, vs using rotary encoders
Harlan Beith
mapping is a whole new beast to me, but I was believeing on option 1, using teh 8 way joystick to control 4 predefined fx, which you could combine adn roll through by moving it around, if i ran with 2 analogues, I was believeing something synth like for it, i'm still toying with TSP, just upgraded from duo about 2 months ago so I'm still finding new stuff.
Danae Dumler
My preference would be to see either option 1 or 4. It would really depend on the mapping options ... how would the analog joysticks be mapped as opposed to the 8-way digital? My feeling is that 16 buttons is enough buttons so the other controls should be joysticks and sliders/knobs, but depending how you map the thing, pretty much any of these options would be really useful. But I don't believe there's enough controls here to really handle mixing so it shouldn't try to be a mixer add-on.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy