Midi-Fighter LED Help

Midi-Fighter LED Help
Posted on: 14.07.2010 by Laquita Coduto
Hey all-

I received my MF today and got it loaded up with the Deckalized Deck Focus tsi. All of the buttons function correctly however the LED's do not.

When a button is toggled to remain on the LED does not remain lit. They only light for the duration they are pressed regardless of toggling an effect ect.

Also when placing the MF in cue point juggle mode (Shift + Sample) the eight bottom buttons do not stay on.

I haven't made any changes and I believe my in/out setting are correct (all buttons do what they are supposed to do). Is there a way to get the proper visual feedback from the LED's like in Ean's MF video? Am i missing something?
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by D-Kem
Mine arrived today. Same problem with LED. Number 79 for me. Hope flasing isn't too complex.
Just follow the instructions on the thread. You should still be able to put the midi fighter into boot mode by holding the 4 corners. Take your time and try to understand each step.
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by Redlight
Just got the midi fighter in the mail. Have'nt even opened the box yet.

I was just asking Midifidler if there was a specific number of MFer's that got out before it was relized.
Sorry that was directed at the other fellow with the LED/flashing problem. I hope yours works well! Fun piece of kit huh?
gabriel ortiz
Originally Posted by jthompsn
Did you follow the instructions in the flashing sticky to the letter?

I was just asking Midifidler if there was a specific number of MFer's that got out before it was relized.
Willia Whitmill
Originally Posted by Duji
I've reflashed my MF, and the bottom 8 leds still aren't turning on like they're supposed to.

I'm lost now
Got it, another flash did the trick.
Laquita Coduto
Do you know how many made it out with the old firmware? (approx?)
gabriel ortiz
Originally Posted by midifidler
I believe some of the first units may have slipped through with the old firmware.

What number units do you guys have?
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by elf
mine is #49 - should I reflash mine as well?

-Elf
Do your LED's function properly when you toggle them? If yes, then do not flash. If no then you need to reflash.
Laquita Coduto
Mine is #67

No worries. I was just happy I was able to follow the flash thread, fire up the old xp pc, and actually make it through the flash process without killing half a bottle of Jameson in frustration!
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Hi Joel,
thank you but sorted it suprisingly quickly yesterday following the instructions from the thread. Very helpful and totaly in love with my MF. Only snag is i now realise the potential and benefit of two. Next gig's money will be very quickly invested.
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by D-Kem
Mine arrived today. Same problem with LED. Number 79 for me. Hope flasing isn't too complex.
Just follow the instructions on the thread. You should still be able to put the midi fighter into boot mode by holding the 4 corners. Take your time and try to understand each step.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Adolf Hit
Hey guys Im just trying to sort out what numbers have the older code and Ill let ya all know asap

Cheers,

Mike
Azucena Tarver
I believe I might have figured out the behavior I was seeing.
It seems if I am in normal mode, hit record to record the sample, then shift record takes me straight to the sample juggle mode with all bottom lights lit.
If however I am in the cuepoint juggle mode, hit record to record a sample while I juggle cuepoints, then I have to hit shift-record twice to get to the sample juggle mode. The first time I hit shift record this way, all the bottom lights go out. The second time they come on proper.
I'm guessing that this is just due to the programming of the Deckalized map.

I also have several times now while in cuepoint juggle mode (4 of 8 lights in bottom two rows) managed to hit combinations that turned off both lights in row 3 while keeping both lights in row 4 on. It has not seemed to affect functionality though either.

So I'm guessing that what I am seeing so far are just artifacts of the midi programming in the Deckalized mapping. I'm wondering if this is is related to
what I saw in another thread about development of a new mapping that was more aware of different states before toggling LEDs.

So given these and the description of the startup flashes for the latest firmware, I've decided there appears to be no compelling need to reflash it.

Oh, and I have also discovered that the MidiFighter paired with the VCI-100 is just sweet
Laquita Coduto

Sorry that was directed at the other fellow with the LED/flashing problem. I hope yours works well! Fun piece of kit huh?
gabriel ortiz
Originally Posted by jthompsn

Willia Whitmill
Originally Posted by Duji
I've reflashed my MF, and the bottom 8 leds still aren't turning on like they're supposed to.

I'm lost now
Got it, another flash did the trick.
Laquita Coduto
gabriel ortiz
I believe some of the first units may have slipped through with the old firmware.

Willia Whitmill

I'm lost now
Azucena Tarver
well, I'm using the deckalized mapping and they seem to toggle okay for the most part, except I noticed when I sample something with the sample section, and then do shift-record to go to the reslicing mode, the first time I hit shift-record all the lights on the bottom go out. If I do a shift-record again a second time, then all the lights on the bottom come on to do the reslicing... (seemed odd to me having to do it twice??)

Also once, I believe when I was in the regular shift-record cuepoint jumping mode (when there are alternating lit-dark patterns on the bottom two rows), somehow I managed to do something that made the 2 lights in the top row (of the cuepoints, technically row 3 i guess) just plain go out, leaving only 2 lights on in the bottom. I'm really not sure how that happened, and I just did shift-record (turned them all off) and shift-record again (back on to the alternating pattern for cuepoint jumping).

Based on these, do you believe that a reflash of the latest firmware would be helpful?
The startup flashing the firmware does is a joy to watch. I don't suppose that the ending 3 lights on the top left to right indicate what firmware version it is? (Oh! I just found that 3 slower solid flashes is the latest.. and quick like the first runthrough is the older?)

I do have one thing to say though:
O.M.G. This thing is absolutely amazing. Hats off to Ean and the crew for this amazing (possibly revolutionary??) controller and mapping! Arcade buttons and LEDs.. Brilliant!! Oh dear.. now I'll just be dreaming of bigger ones, and more controls..
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by elf

-Elf
Do your LED's function properly when you toggle them? If yes, then do not flash. If no then you need to reflash.
Azucena Tarver

-Elf
Laquita Coduto
Mine is #67

No worries. I was just happy I was able to follow the flash thread, fire up the old xp pc, and actually make it through the flash process without killing half a bottle of Jameson in frustration!
Travis Isac
Mine is 28/500.
Adolf Hit
Sorry guys my bad there - when I programmed and tested them I managed to use an old version of the firmware which is a bit buggy around the LED contro, while they are now being reflashed before shipping from San Fran I believe some of the first units may have slipped through with the old firmware.

Travis Isac
I was just about to say the same thing. A re-flash did the trick. Just out of curiosity, is the new batch of MidiFighters using an older firmware?
Laquita Coduto
I have to apologize for the noob panic, but thats what we noobs do...panic first believe later.

Just reflashed the MF firmware and my MFing MF is SWEET. All systems are go!!!!

Thanks to all for their advice!
Travis Isac
So I have a mac so I have MidiMonitor to determine what is being sent to/from Traktor to the MidiFighter.

Here is the MidiMonitor output:

Sync Off
19:16:28.594 From Midifighter Note On 3 C#3 127
19:16:28.679 From Midifighter Note Off 3 C#3 127
19:16:28.681 To Midifighter Note Off 3 C#3 0

Sync On
19:16:38.456 From Midifighter Note On 3 C#3 127
19:16:38.588 From Midifighter Note Off 3 C#3 127
19:16:38.603 To Midifighter Note On 3 C#3 127

The notes appear to be being sent right but my LED's aren't being set. I have confirmed that MidiFighter is set in both my In-Port and Out-Port in Traktor's settings.

Here is my Traktor info for reference: Traktor Scratch Pro, 1.2.6. Mac OS X 10.6.4
Laquita Coduto
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Make sure you not only have MIDI input from the device but you have also enabled MIDI output to it. The LEDs are controlled by MIDI messages being sent out from your computer to the Midifighter.
How do I do this? Where are the out settings? I'm sure the config in traktor controller settings are correct. I've done it at least 100x today. Still no LED function as per Ean's video.
Laquita Coduto
If anyone who's LED's are functioning properly on their MF could post their setting in tractor I would appreciate it. Hope you guys can help!
Laquita Coduto
My in/out setting both list the MF. I'm not quite sure how to use MIDI-ox or the other debugger.
robert chanda
Make sure you not only have MIDI input from the device but you have also enabled MIDI output to it. The LEDs are controlled by MIDI messages being sent out from your computer to the Midifighter.

You can test this using MIDI-OX or a similar MIDI debugger by enabling the keyboard simulator and sending MIDI.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy