MF not reading

MF not reading
Posted on: 03.08.2010 by Yevette Matatall
Ok, first of, im loving my new MF's however I havnt yet been able to get the deckatalised mapping working perfect... At first i thought it was the the usb hubs i have been using as its difficult to source quality brands. I finally got my hands on a logitech and still im having trouble.

Ive followed eans instructions... however in the import and out port tab dropdown tap for device, im only getting one midifighter show up, so i can mage to get one working. The other I have managed to get going using the usb hub selection instead of separate MF but it will the share or double up funvtions with other MF...

what am i doing wrong?
Yevette Matatall
Originally Posted by notshy
Just to check you are just using the Deckalized mapping not any of the Focus mappings?

Have you tried importing the TSI from the global import of TSI rather than just the import within the controller section? This would re-import all controller settings and also the FX settings too. Try exporting your global TSI settings, then going into controller & keyboard section, export those settings too. Then delete all the Midi mappings for the Midi Fighter. Then re-import Deckalized TSI into global settings and see if that helps.

I've only got 1 Midi Fighter and running Windows so I can't model your "2 x MF" issues.

Maybe @Midifidler might be able to help. The LED mapping is slightly out of my depth !
Guys, ive tried this and still nothing, Im a midiot and im going insane!!!
I cant even seem to find "robins tutorial"

I managed to the 2 misifighters working without any interference when only selecting the MF in "in port" dropdown, the problem becomes present once "outport" is selected.

Just to clarify, Im still just running each midifighter into its own usb port on my MAC. The prpoblem is that FX functions, sync and record are doubling up.

Ive been using the midi test program with OSX, Ive tested the device so that when i give a midi signal on one it indictes on the program and vice verca for the other.

Like i said, im a midiot.... and im sure its something simple.

within the midi program i thought id assingn a different colour to two MF icons, being that i have a yellow and blue i assigned colours respectively. then I swapped over usb ports expecting that yellow would still link to yellow and blue to blue. but instead they swapped logic which indicates to me that the program isnt distinguishing between the 2 MF's but rather which of the 2 USB ports is being used....

Does this help!
Yevette Matatall
Ok, first of, im loving my new MF's however I havnt yet been able to get the deckatalised mapping working perfect... At first i thought it was the the usb hubs i have been using as its difficult to source quality brands. I finally got my hands on a logitech and still im having trouble.

Ive followed eans instructions... however in the import and out port tab dropdown tap for device, im only getting one midifighter show up, so i can mage to get one working. The other I have managed to get going using the usb hub selection instead of separate MF but it will the share or double up funvtions with other MF...

what am i doing wrong?
Yevette Matatall
M I D I O T

Please disregard my last few posts, its been doing my head in for the last couple of weeks and my the answer was in front of my this whole time.

All i had to do was watch eans demo again. It would appear that this is just the way this mapping works. now that I know my MF's are working as they are supposed to, i can enjoy...
Yevette Matatall
More investigation reveals that i cant seem to have say freeze which is FX bank 4 on both A & B deck at once, same goes for the other two effects, by triggering an effect on one deck it switches it of on the other. I can however still assign that effect bank to the deck using the mouse.
Yevette Matatall
Been playing some more with Midi Program.

I have had both MF's connected and tested every button and put signals out to MF to check that there is no mixed signals. All in out signals register on appropriate midi icon and out put signals a triggering leds on respective MF.

still this mixed signals with effects comes.

when pressing 3 FX buttons the corresponding LED on other deck lights up but dosnt activate other effect as if i were to press that button. However if the freeze is activated the other decks freeze button can deactivate it. the same goes if you have other 2 effects in shift hold mode, they too can also be deactivated by the otherside.

Surely this isn't how the deckalized mapping is meant to work.

is everyone else seeing the same thing.
Yevette Matatall
Originally Posted by notshy
Just to check you are just using the Deckalized mapping not any of the Focus mappings?

Have you tried importing the TSI from the global import of TSI rather than just the import within the controller section? This would re-import all controller settings and also the FX settings too. Try exporting your global TSI settings, then going into controller & keyboard section, export those settings too. Then delete all the Midi mappings for the Midi Fighter. Then re-import Deckalized TSI into global settings and see if that helps.

I've only got 1 Midi Fighter and running Windows so I can't model your "2 x MF" issues.

Maybe @Midifidler might be able to help. The LED mapping is slightly out of my depth !
Guys, ive tried this and still nothing, Im a midiot and im going insane!!!
I cant even seem to find "robins tutorial"

I managed to the 2 misifighters working without any interference when only selecting the MF in "in port" dropdown, the problem becomes present once "outport" is selected.

Just to clarify, Im still just running each midifighter into its own usb port on my MAC. The prpoblem is that FX functions, sync and record are doubling up.

Ive been using the midi test program with OSX, Ive tested the device so that when i give a midi signal on one it indictes on the program and vice verca for the other.

Like i said, im a midiot.... and im sure its something simple.

within the midi program i thought id assingn a different colour to two MF icons, being that i have a yellow and blue i assigned colours respectively. then I swapped over usb ports expecting that yellow would still link to yellow and blue to blue. but instead they swapped logic which indicates to me that the program isnt distinguishing between the 2 MF's but rather which of the 2 USB ports is being used....

Does this help!
Yevette Matatall
Ok, silly question time....

where do i find "Robins MF menu tutorial"

I ran a couple of searches but no luck!
Adolf Hit
You need to have the midifighters on different channels.
If you look at Robins MF menu tutorial you should be able to figure out how to change 1 of your midifighters to send and receive on channel 2.
Now you have got them showing up as seperate in the drop down menu this should be the last piece of the puzzle.
Lorelei Przybylowicz

Yevette Matatall
Played around with above mentioned midi utility, managed to get 2 seperate MF's showing in dropdown... however problem is still present with 3 FX buttons.... leds on both decks are still lighting up when only one deck is being pressed. The effect itslefg isnt transferring to other deck just the leds indicating. however when freeze is used on deck B it can be switched off pressing freeze on deck A.

this is happening using to seperate usb ports....

Do I need to reflash firmware for MF's ??????
Lorelei Przybylowicz
If I remember correctly isn't there a MIDI utility that's in OSX? If u have look in there what can u see when u connect none, each or both MF's? That should help with overall connections but also try to find a mac programme that reads Midi notes, like Midi Ox does on a PC and check that you are receiving Midi notes from either and both MF's.
Yevette Matatall
Ok, Im running 1.2.6....

Ive tried running my MF's each to one USB hub on my mac but i still cant get 2 MF to show in INPORT & OUTPORT dropdown.

Ive swapped fighters over and tried different usb cables...

with both MF unplugged still one is showing in dropdown.

Is there away I can remove devices from Dropdowns...

I htink im going to redownload 1.2.6..
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Can u try it without a USB hub? Can u set Traktor sound out to be your Internal Soundcard then use the two USB ports on ur mac book.

Also what version of Traktor are you using? Is your signature up to date as it's showing TP1.2.1 which is old.

Try 1. MF straight into the Mac Book 2. Update your version of Traktor by applying the NI updates from them direct.
Yevette Matatall
Both MF are working fine separately, however i still cant manage to get a second midifighter show in drop down box fr in and out.

I can get both working when selecting the one MF shown in drop down for deck A and USB device for Deck B, however this results in some buttons such as effects sharing functions on both MF.... Ie, LEDS light up simultaneously.

I have tested various usb hubs, the latest being a logitech and another being a powered usb.
Adolf Hit
I believe first thing to confim is (as mentioned above) that they both work when you take the hub out of the equation. The latest batch of midifighters should be fine on an unpowered hub - but with all the varieties out there its hard to say for sure.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Can you try setting up using two USB ports straight into your machine first? (This might mean not having ur sound card in tho but try it anyway with internal soundcard as audio out to get both MF working

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy