Midi fighter small footprint

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi fighter small footprintReply
Midi fighter small footprint
Posted on: 19.07.2010 by gabriel ortiz
Did anyone else expect the midi fighter to be a little bigger? I am not complaining. I love my midi fighter but when I opened the package I was like.... whoa this is smaller than I thought. When my wife got home she said the same thing (without any input from me). Again this is not a complaint. I would not trade my MF for anything. Just wondering if anyone else had the same initial thought when they received their MF.
Kandice Reumann
Originally Posted by Redlight
Did anyone else expect the midi fighter to be a little bigger? I am not complaining. I love my midi fighter but when I opened the package I was like.... whoa this is smaller than I thought. When my wife got home she said the same thing (without any input from me). Again this is not a complaint. I would not trade my MF for anything. Just wondering if anyone else had the same initial thought when they received their MF.
I know exactly what you mean, i had the same feeling too. I believe it came down to having actual arcade buttons in mind? they were generally a bit bigger and i believe that changed my expected scale.
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Fatlimey

Got any opinions or ideas?
I'm going to take this opportunity to quote the great Ali...

Originally Posted by HedgeHog
Keep in mind that whitespace is pretty important.

[/IMG]
gabriel ortiz
Kandice Reumann
Originally Posted by Redlight
I know exactly what you mean, i had the same feeling too. I believe it came down to having actual arcade buttons in mind? they were generally a bit bigger and i believe that changed my expected scale.
Corine Kasman
I agree that it can look small all alone on a table, but put it down beside your VCI with the laptop in front of it on a small DJ area and you find it could be even smaller! SIze is relative to the space you have.

As for the "whitspace", it is the thing I found really pleasant when I first used the Spin. Lots of room and with enough controls for doing basic mixing.

Phil.
Meg Reinoehl
Less is more...
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Fatlimey

I'm going to take this opportunity to quote the great Ali...

Originally Posted by HedgeHog
Keep in mind that whitespace is pretty important.

[/IMG]
robert chanda
The question about "blank space" in controller layouts is a hot topic in the DJTT offices. Pro scratch mixers have lots of space around the important faders, but "portable" controllers like the American Audio VMS 4 go for controllers-per-inch and pretty much expect you to work your magic with tiny motions and fine control in a dark room:

Look at those pitch faders. You're expected to make very fine movements on those babies, but there's nothing for you to rest your hand on to allow the fine controls, plus you have to have equal fine control in both hands to use the other side. It's just a fundamentally broken design. At least a pair of 1200s allow you to use the same hand to the the operation on each deck with some support area for your hand.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy