How to dissemble MIDIfighter?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: How to dissemble MIDIfighter?Reply
How to dissemble MIDIfighter?
Posted on: 15.09.2010 by Danae Dumler
So I am soon to be the proud owner of not one but two new midifighters... I'm hoping to take one of them apart and put it in a new case, possibly with some knobs and stuff a la the Dominican Midi Crisis post from months ago... Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to take one apart without breaking anything? Also is it easy enough to use wires to connect the buttons to the PCB rather than just plugging them into it as it is currently, in case I want to change the position of the buttons?
robin loo
Originally Posted by midifidler
Yeah its super easy, gently is probably best interpreted as firm but gradual pressure.
haha.. that's what i meant with gently
Danae Dumler
So I am soon to be the proud owner of not one but two new midifighters... I'm hoping to take one of them apart and put it in a new case, possibly with some knobs and stuff a la the Dominican Midi Crisis post from months ago... Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to take one apart without breaking anything? Also is it easy enough to use wires to connect the buttons to the PCB rather than just plugging them into it as it is currently, in case I want to change the position of the buttons?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Yeah i posted the pics for fun really but i have to say the Midi Fighter is surprisingly addictive. I want another now and id love to go further and add a x-fader.

Post up if you do it bro and i might do it as well.
Danae Dumler
Nice, big thanks for pointing me to the pics Karlos. I'll make sure to keep an apple handy Looking forward to this one! I'm sure I'll be posting for help adding knobs and such (what I really want is to add a crossfader but based on the postings on that discussion it's probably not something as easily done).
robin loo
Originally Posted by midifidler
Yeah its super easy, gently is probably best interpreted as firm but gradual pressure.
haha.. that's what i meant with gently
nayit ruiz jaramillo
@djproben, ive just done it mate, heres the piccies.
It was a lot of fun...

Not the first post of mine, scroll down to the bottom for the full post...
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...ht=zach&page=3
Adolf Hit
Danae Dumler
ahhh easy I like the sound of that Looking forward to this project... I'm still not sure I have the skills to add knobs to the MF but even if I don't I found a cool ass box to house it in
robin loo
unscrew all 8 screws and gently lift the arcade array as a whole up. it's quite easy..

there should be no problem connecting the buttons with wires to the existing slots on the pcb..

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy