How to restore MF settings to Default?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: How to restore MF settings to Default?Reply
How to restore MF settings to Default?
Posted on: 25.02.2010 by Evangeline Abraha
Hi Folks,

It would be great if the "Factory preset bootup" key combination could be explained here from the ground up. I would need to re-set my unit to default as it has stopped sending midi on Traktor and I presume the midi basenote has changed and I don't quite have a grasp at how to roll it back the way it should be.

Any help would be appreciated. : )

cheers,

Matti
Freeda Chinnis
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
It's pretty simple. In the same way you enter Menu Mode by holding down the top-left button while you plug in the USB cable, you can do a Factory Reset by holding down the key pattern:

. . . o
. . o .
. o . .
o . . .

while plugging in the USB cable. It will flash twice then drop you into Menu Mode so you can check that the settings are back to the factory defaults.
Thanks! And merry xmas!
Freeda Chinnis
Originally Posted by vnuts
Well this may seem stupid but for some reason I cant remember how the reset chord works. I flashed my MF last year and then was able to reset it. I cant remember exactly how to do this again, I just need to reset it! A quick refresh would help as Ive looked through the community s and maybe Im just a bit too hung over from my show last evening to really be effective. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan
I would like to have that chorus too! Asap
Genna Kuhlke
Well this may seem stupid but for some reason I cant remember how the reset chord works. I flashed my MF last year and then was able to reset it. I cant remember exactly how to do this again, I just need to reset it! A quick refresh would help as Ive looked through the community s and maybe Im just a bit too hung over from my show last evening to really be effective. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

The "factory reset chord" only exists in the latest firmware, so if you haven't updated your firmware you can't use it. All it does is visit each of the items in Menu Mode and set them to their default values. You can do the same manually, but it's just nice to have a boot-up option single key that does that for you.

If you can't enter Menu Mode, that's a fundamental hardware problem. Mail DJTT for a return.

If you can drop into Menu Mode and exit but still can't send MIDI, then the problem is inside your PC.

The lights at bootup briefly display the USB connection state:

Light 1 = Disconnected
Light 2 = Enumerating
Light 3 = Connected

As soon as the USB is connected, you should get your normal display (that depends on whether you have enabled Keypress Lights, and whether any MIDI notes are incoming)

Updating your Firmware is a good thing to do as the MIDI implementation is slightly more robust in the latest firmware (you can press keys faster and it handles them). Updating your firmware will have no effect on your computer, so make sure the problems are not there first.
Ila Diebold
Originally Posted by elf
Hi Tim,
The exact same happened to me recently.
There is a post at the top of this section called Midifighter PCB fail FAQ which worked for me. I posted in that thread as well. Hope it helps!
thanks heaps, have figured out how to fix it :P
Azucena Tarver
Originally Posted by tim55212
hey guys my midifighter when i turned my laptop on to use traktor the shift button LED is on and all other buttons are not responding, how can i reset it?
Hi Tim,
There is a post at the top of this section called Midifighter PCB fail FAQ which worked for me. I posted in that thread as well. Hope it helps!
Evangeline Abraha
Hi Folks,

It would be great if the "Factory preset bootup" key combination could be explained here from the ground up. I would need to re-set my unit to default as it has stopped sending midi on Traktor and I presume the midi basenote has changed and I don't quite have a grasp at how to roll it back the way it should be.

Any help would be appreciated. : )

cheers,

Matti
Freeda Chinnis
It's pretty simple. In the same way you enter Menu Mode by holding down the top-left button while you plug in the USB cable, you can do a Factory Reset by holding down the key pattern:

. . . o
. . o .
. o . .
o . . .

while plugging in the USB cable. It will flash twice then drop you into Menu Mode so you can check that the settings are back to the factory defaults.
Thanks! And merry xmas!
robert chanda

. . . o
. . o .
. o . .
o . . .

Freeda Chinnis
Originally Posted by vnuts

Thanks,

Nathan
I would like to have that chorus too! Asap
Genna Kuhlke

Thanks,

Nathan

The "factory reset chord" only exists in the latest firmware, so if you haven't updated your firmware you can't use it. All it does is visit each of the items in Menu Mode and set them to their default values. You can do the same manually, but it's just nice to have a boot-up option single key that does that for you.

If you can't enter Menu Mode, that's a fundamental hardware problem. Mail DJTT for a return.

If you can drop into Menu Mode and exit but still can't send MIDI, then the problem is inside your PC.

Light 1 = Disconnected
Light 2 = Enumerating
Light 3 = Connected

As soon as the USB is connected, you should get your normal display (that depends on whether you have enabled Keypress Lights, and whether any MIDI notes are incoming)

Updating your Firmware is a good thing to do as the MIDI implementation is slightly more robust in the latest firmware (you can press keys faster and it handles them). Updating your firmware will have no effect on your computer, so make sure the problems are not there first.
Ila Diebold
Originally Posted by elf
Hi Tim,
thanks heaps, have figured out how to fix it :P
Azucena Tarver
Originally Posted by tim55212
hey guys my midifighter when i turned my laptop on to use traktor the shift button LED is on and all other buttons are not responding, how can i reset it?
Hi Tim,
Ila Diebold
Roger Gomez
Thanks mate. I just emailed them this morning as well.

Hopefully I'll hear a reply back soon.
robert chanda
Talk to

orders@djranking s.com

about returns, sorry. The more returns we actually get back into the office, the better the chance we have of working out if there's a common, fixable cause.
Roger Gomez
Hi there,

I'm also having this exact problem, booted up my machine this morning to use traktor and noticed all lights on the midifighter were on and completely unresponsive.

I can confirm nothing out of the ordinary has occured on my computer to cause this.

I have checked all settings on my mac and there seem to be no problems, I have also tried using the midifighter on multiple other computers (mac + PC) with the same symptoms.

In the midi studio section of midi setup (on osx) the midifighter is greyed out and is not online.

It will not drop into menu mode. I tried to update the firmware using flip but the device does not show up in the device manger or flip.

What do you believe i should do as a next step?
Evangeline Abraha
You might wanto to get in touch with a friend who has a pc & flash the unit on that. The process on Mac is painstaking at the moment...

I did mine on a PC & it now works perfect.

M
Genna Kuhlke
Thanks for the quick response. I dont believe this issues is with my computer as I tried the midi fighter on both mine and my friends mac (we both have traktor.)

I do want to clarify that when I plug the MF in, the third light stays lit and dosen't turn off! I can access menu mode and when I exit, the third light stays on!

I might try upgrading to the new firmware, is this a difficult process with a mac?

Thanks again!
robert chanda

Light 1 = Disconnected
Light 2 = Enumerating
Light 3 = Connected

Genna Kuhlke
I'm having a similar problem with my midi fighter. Last evening at my show I was setting up in a small booth and I looked down to see all the lights lit up on my midi fighter... Stupidly enough I pushed a few of the buttons and then unplugged it. After I plugged it back in, It would not trigger or send any midi messages to traktor... Every time I connect it now, only 1 LED lights up ( 3 button from the left, top row), and when other buttons are pressed no LED's light up.

Please Help!!!

Anything to reprogram this??? Please!!! I love my midi fighter
Evangeline Abraha
Ok , I have tested the unit with Ableton Live & it's not sending any midi messages at all.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy