Connecting 2 Midi-Fighters and Kontrol X1

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Connecting 2 Midi-Fighters and Kontrol X1Reply
Connecting 2 Midi-Fighters and Kontrol X1
Posted on: 10.01.2011 by Manda Hannegan
Hey all I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has run into this problem or not, but I've been noticing problems when I connect my 2 midi-fighters with my Kontrol X1. Specifically, my problem has been that when I hook my 2 midi-fighters and X1 up then start Traktor it is only reconizing 1 midi-fighter. What I have discovered is than I need to plug everything in a specific order to get everything to work correctly. So for anyone interested I believe I've discovered the correct order for turning everything on.

1. Plug in the first midi-fighter
2. Start Traktor
3. Plug in second midi-fighter
4. Go to the Controller Manager and recheck the in and out of both midi-fighters
5. Plug in X1

This seems to work for me every time so if there is anyone else experiencing similar issues you may want to try this and see if it works for you. Chime in and let me know.
Melia Balvaneda
Originally Posted by DJ_Padawan
That is the same setup I'm using and I haven't come across any problems yet. I'm using the deckalized mapping and loving it. I believe I want to change my X1 setup though because I've found that with the midi-fighter I hardly need to touch the X1. The only thing I'm using it for right now is some additional effects and advanced looping.
Thanks! but yeah, i feel i would use most of the transport controls, but i could just remap them i suppose.... o welll
Manda Hannegan
Originally Posted by Georgeo0
Hey, padawan as of right now i am running 2 midifighters on 2 seperate channels fine. but i was wanting to add an x1 so i can run more effects and not have to touch my computer almost at all. But i was wondering if the deckalized mapping would conflict with the x1's mapping.

Do you use the deackalized mapping? or did you make your own?

Thanks!

O! and i would not be using 4 channels, i would be still only using two. (at least for now.)
That is the same setup I'm using and I haven't come across any problems yet. I'm using the deckalized mapping and loving it. I believe I want to change my X1 setup though because I've found that with the midi-fighter I hardly need to touch the X1. The only thing I'm using it for right now is some additional effects and advanced looping.
Manda Hannegan
Originally Posted by Porkie
I use all three mixing externally fine,

I noticed that I have to redefine the inputs of the second one all the time on start up. Thats it though. I usually always have to do this anyway cause I have them unplugged. Make sure everything is connected before you start traktor.

MAke sure your your usb hub is powered. I find things can get a little tangly without it. especially with the two midi-fighters
That could be the problem I've been experiencing. I'm not using a powered USB hub. I was initially plugging everything in first then start Traktor but I found that only one Midi Fighter was being recognized in the controller menu. After some trial and error I found that if I used the sequence I laid out then it would work every time. Could be just me though. Thanks for the input.
Manda Hannegan
Hey all I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has run into this problem or not, but I've been noticing problems when I connect my 2 midi-fighters with my Kontrol X1. Specifically, my problem has been that when I hook my 2 midi-fighters and X1 up then start Traktor it is only reconizing 1 midi-fighter. What I have discovered is than I need to plug everything in a specific order to get everything to work correctly. So for anyone interested I believe I've discovered the correct order for turning everything on.

1. Plug in the first midi-fighter
2. Start Traktor
3. Plug in second midi-fighter
4. Go to the Controller Manager and recheck the in and out of both midi-fighters
5. Plug in X1

This seems to work for me every time so if there is anyone else experiencing similar issues you may want to try this and see if it works for you. Chime in and let me know.
Melia Balvaneda
Originally Posted by DJ_Padawan
Thanks! but yeah, i feel i would use most of the transport controls, but i could just remap them i suppose.... o welll
Manda Hannegan
Originally Posted by Georgeo0
Hey, padawan as of right now i am running 2 midifighters on 2 seperate channels fine. but i was wanting to add an x1 so i can run more effects and not have to touch my computer almost at all. But i was wondering if the deckalized mapping would conflict with the x1's mapping.

Thanks!

O! and i would not be using 4 channels, i would be still only using two. (at least for now.)
Melia Balvaneda

Thanks!

Manda Hannegan
Originally Posted by Porkie

I noticed that I have to redefine the inputs of the second one all the time on start up. Thats it though. I usually always have to do this anyway cause I have them unplugged. Make sure everything is connected before you start traktor.

MAke sure your your usb hub is powered. I find things can get a little tangly without it. especially with the two midi-fighters
That could be the problem I've been experiencing. I'm not using a powered USB hub. I was initially plugging everything in first then start Traktor but I found that only one Midi Fighter was being recognized in the controller menu. After some trial and error I found that if I used the sequence I laid out then it would work every time. Could be just me though. Thanks for the input.
Yee Bedilion
I'd love to know the same thing.

I just got this generic usb hub atm. It would be a pain in the ass to have to use out.

I'm only in the bedroom. By Easter I'll be ready to rock out.

I believe I'm headed after some Cd players next. It just feels great.
Ella Rick
What kind of powered usb hub should I go for?
I know there is a post on the DJTT blog about powered usb hub's,
but it would be nice to get views from other members.

Something compact and neat as I play out a lot.

Thanks.
Yee Bedilion

Ella Rick
Cool,

I have 1 x Midifighter and 1 x X1 Kontroller,
I've still not used them together tho.
I need to get myself a powered usb hub first.
Manda Hannegan
I'm running on Mac. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my post.
Ella Rick
Hi,

What system are you running on.. Mac or Windows?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy