Midi fighter dimentions / serato

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi fighter dimentions / seratoReply
Midi fighter dimentions / serato
Posted on: 18.01.2011 by Kassie Kutt
Yo was'up dj ranking s,

long time no visit as I sold my vci-100 in the summer, but now I've got technics/serato set up and i'm believeing about getting a midi fighter to use with serato to trigger cue points etc. It can be used with serato right? does anyone else use it serato?

Anyway im just wondering what the midi fighter dimentions are??? I have had a quick look round and found that its 14.5cm wide?? but how high is it?

if someone could provide me with the exact dimentions, h/w/d, it would be much appreciated as Im hoping the midi fighter will fit between my 1210's just under my ecler nuo 2.0 mixer
Kassie Kutt
Originally Posted by DjWindzOne
I thought that too, but the response on em are pretty damn good. . .No triplet crabs with the arcade buttons, but they are REAL good. . .Midi Mapping is exceptional. and $100 went a LONG way with these.
What no triplets or crabs with the midi fighter? I thought you'd be able to bust pretty much anything on these arcade buttons. do you believe some dicers would better suit my set-up? I've seen a few demo vid's of them used with serato and they do look like they'll more than do the job but I just dont like the look of em', but I suppose that aint really the important thing is it, lol
Kassie Kutt
Yo was'up dj ranking s,

long time no visit as I sold my vci-100 in the summer, but now I've got technics/serato set up and i'm believeing about getting a midi fighter to use with serato to trigger cue points etc. It can be used with serato right? does anyone else use it serato?

Anyway im just wondering what the midi fighter dimentions are??? I have had a quick look round and found that its 14.5cm wide?? but how high is it?

if someone could provide me with the exact dimentions, h/w/d, it would be much appreciated as Im hoping the midi fighter will fit between my 1210's just under my ecler nuo 2.0 mixer
Kassie Kutt
ah cool, cool.

thanks guys, your helps much appreciated.

im off to get myself a midi fighter !!!
Vernie Beharry
I meant on the Dicers. . .sorry guys. . .I was at work when I wrote that. . .so burned out!!
Leeanna Ayla
MF's are perfectly capable of doing triplets.
Kassie Kutt
Originally Posted by DjWindzOne
I thought that too, but the response on em are pretty damn good. . .No triplet crabs with the arcade buttons, but they are REAL good. . .Midi Mapping is exceptional. and $100 went a LONG way with these.
What no triplets or crabs with the midi fighter? I thought you'd be able to bust pretty much anything on these arcade buttons. do you believe some dicers would better suit my set-up? I've seen a few demo vid's of them used with serato and they do look like they'll more than do the job but I just dont like the look of em', but I suppose that aint really the important thing is it, lol
Vernie Beharry
I did believe about the novation dicers but they just look cheap & tackie.

EDIT: Does Serato have a way to load mappings?
Not that I know of. . I'm not currently at my own laptop to see if they are .tsi files directly for SSL. But they are simple, one-to-one midi controls, so mapping should be pretty straight forward. I'll eventually find out tomorrow.

i've got a ecler nuo 2.0 which is a pretty slim 2 channel mixer, i've got the deck set-up sideways, battle style
Ah, I see. . .I'd say go Side by side with the mixer (one for each deck, if yer going that route). I used to use a Vestax 06, and though about making this my main for a small rig. Otherwise, the mixer itself might be a bit "high" centerwise. But one right beside should be good for spacing.

you may also want to look into expanding the MF for SSL. Especially with the effects (Rotary pots for effect selections with the 2.2 update). Nothing too complicated, but worth it with all the Super/Ultra knob effects and chains for it.
Pretty average sounding, but not a lot of SSL Dj's (I know of anyway) are using them unless they have an 57sl mixer.
Leeanna Ayla
Just a hair under 1.5 inches or 3.8 cm tall. Have a look on the home page for Serato mappings.

EDIT: Does Serato have a way to load mappings?
Kassie Kutt
hey yo, thanks for the replys guys...

im hoping it will fit just below my mixer. I've got a ecler nuo 2.0 which is a pretty slim 2 channel mixer, i've got the deck set-up sideways, battle style. so hopefully the midi fighter will fit right in and I'll have a pretty compact set-up where i'll easily be able to reach the fader & bash up on the midi fighter... bish, bash, bosh...hadoooken! lol, love those arcade buttons

I'll probably use the tops 2 rows of buttons for cue points and the others for fx's etc. I did believe about the novation dicers but they just look cheap & tackie. To be fair I've only seen them on the web, but they just look cheap. I'd much rather a midi fighter.

hey thanks for up'ing the video photojojo, i see theres a link to some serato+midi fighter mapping - is that still around? the link wouldnt work for me (i'll have a look around for it)
Brunilda Kora
Have you considered Novation Dicers? Having the buttons right there on the decks means your focus is never away from the decks.
Vernie Beharry
@SJ Mac
I've been looking at doing this for my own set-up as well. . .but I was believeing more of deckalized (like Ean has for his rig) for SSL. But with the newer update, and me going for 2 MF's per deck, coding is going to be a hastle for me. . I've taken a LOONG break from doing this due to trips/gigs/work/GF. . .

But the info is right here in the Midi Fighter section of the community s:
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=10241

And from what I could remember, it's about 2 inches high (top of the plate to bottom plate)

You just going to use it for cue points?

*EDITS* Sorry kept reading yer post as well as the updating my own post!
Leeanna Ayla
Yeah it'll work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we3WGZZDZEU

I'll measure mine when I get home if you don't get an answer by then.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy