4 Bank Mode and Shift. How

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: 4 Bank Mode and Shift. HowReply
4 Bank Mode and Shift. How
Posted on: 23.01.2011 by Erminia Pereyda
Hi guys!

Can anybody give me an answer please to the following questions about mapping my MF?

. How can I make one button a SHIFT button and how do I map the shift function to the other buttons then? Is this the modifier thing? Any help is appreciated.

. My MF has the new update. So this means that I can map 4 functions to each button? Depending on which bank is currently running? If so, please tell me how I map the 4 functions to 1 button with an example.

.Last queston: I want to map a button this way that it starts the effect and changes its amount and when I release the button the amount gets back to the position where it started from. Is this possible?
So I map a button to Effect On, the same button to Inc or Dec Amount, and how do I map the reset after I release the button?

Thx A LOT!
Franklin Momany
Originally Posted by ifeelhouse
Hi guys!

Can anybody give me an answer please to the following questions about mapping my MF?

. How can I make one button a SHIFT button and how do I map the shift function to the other buttons then? Is this the modifier thing? Any help is appreciated.
If you working on an existing mapping, before you go adding in modifiers you need to find out which "mods" are already in use. There is a bar above the keys (controls), If you press an existing mod button it will display the current mod and value that you have depressed.

Modifiers work by only allow controls to operate while a certain value is being entered. So lets say you have set hotcue 1 set to M1=1. It will only work while Modifier 1, set to value 1 is being depressed.

May be confusing at first adding in mods. When you do, you must learn the mod first to be able to set the value which is at the bottom of the window. You do not use the 4 options available when the bottom is not learned. Unless you want a mod button to work only when another mod/value is being entered.

You have two other options with mods, hold or direct. Hold will obviously set the value while its being depressed. The direct option sets in the value but doesn't change unless a mod of the same M1, M2, M3 etc. is entered.
For example, if you have a mod 1, value 1 and a mod 2, value 1 when mod 2 is pressed the mod 1 will not change because their not in the same group. Vis versa.

. My MF has the new update. So this means that I can map 4 functions to each button? Depending on which bank is currently running? If so, please tell me how I map the 4 functions to 1 button with an example.
To my knowledge, a MF can't do anything mapping wise that you can't do on any other controller because it all done within Traktor. I believe your kind confused with modifiers.

Lets say you map looks like this:

Modifer1/note/value 1 - Hold
Play/in/note/M1=1
Cue/in/note/M1=1
sync/in/noteM1=1
cue in/in/note/M1=1

These controls will only work while the button set to modifer1, set to value 1 is being depressed.

.Last queston: I want to map a button this way that it starts the effect and changes its amount and when I release the button the amount gets back to the position where it started from. Is this possible?
So I map a button to Effect On, the same button to Inc or Dec Amount, and how do I map the reset after I release the button?

Thx A LOT!
Notes are sent to Traktor when you press a button. But they're not sending a note when the're not pressed. So unless you have a special button that is constantly holding a note, and changes note when pressed. I don't see how this can be done.

You can map an effect to turn on and inc or dec with the same button, but you will have to map a separate button to reset those controls.

Watch some tuts on youtube, that how I got fimilarized with mapping in Traktor.

Good luck
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Hi guys!

Thx A LOT!

Answer to all this is modifiers - I haven't been through and learnt them in detail but I suggest you get reading.
http://www.djranking s.com/2008/12/2...ore-controlls/
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?source=&q=modifiers+traktor"]http://www.google.com/search?source=&q=modifiers+traktor[/ame]

Sorry - I'm not an expert but if you get yourself up to speed first and then ask some more specific questions then I'm sure one of the guys here will help you out. Not trying to sound rude but they more experienced mapping guys such as flashflooder did the Traktor Deckalised Mapping and I'm sure will be able to help once you get down to the specifics of your mapping.
Erminia Pereyda
Hi guys!

Thx A LOT!
Franklin Momany
Hi guys!

If you working on an existing mapping, before you go adding in modifiers you need to find out which "mods" are already in use. There is a bar above the keys (controls), If you press an existing mod button it will display the current mod and value that you have depressed.

Modifiers work by only allow controls to operate while a certain value is being entered. So lets say you have set hotcue 1 set to M1=1. It will only work while Modifier 1, set to value 1 is being depressed.

May be confusing at first adding in mods. When you do, you must learn the mod first to be able to set the value which is at the bottom of the window. You do not use the 4 options available when the bottom is not learned. Unless you want a mod button to work only when another mod/value is being entered.

You have two other options with mods, hold or direct. Hold will obviously set the value while its being depressed. The direct option sets in the value but doesn't change unless a mod of the same M1, M2, M3 etc. is entered.
For example, if you have a mod 1, value 1 and a mod 2, value 1 when mod 2 is pressed the mod 1 will not change because their not in the same group. Vis versa.

To my knowledge, a MF can't do anything mapping wise that you can't do on any other controller because it all done within Traktor. I believe your kind confused with modifiers.

Lets say you map looks like this:

Modifer1/note/value 1 - Hold
Play/in/note/M1=1
Cue/in/note/M1=1
sync/in/noteM1=1
cue in/in/note/M1=1

These controls will only work while the button set to modifer1, set to value 1 is being depressed.

Thx A LOT!
Notes are sent to Traktor when you press a button. But they're not sending a note when the're not pressed. So unless you have a special button that is constantly holding a note, and changes note when pressed. I don't see how this can be done.

You can map an effect to turn on and inc or dec with the same button, but you will have to map a separate button to reset those controls.

Watch some tuts on youtube, that how I got fimilarized with mapping in Traktor.

Good luck
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Hi guys!

Thx A LOT!

Answer to all this is modifiers - I haven't been through and learnt them in detail but I suggest you get reading.
http://www.djranking s.com/2008/12/2...ore-controlls/
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?source=&q=modifiers+traktor"]http://www.google.com/search?source=&q=modifiers+traktor[/ame]

Sorry - I'm not an expert but if you get yourself up to speed first and then ask some more specific questions then I'm sure one of the guys here will help you out. Not trying to sound rude but they more experienced mapping guys such as flashflooder did the Traktor Deckalised Mapping and I'm sure will be able to help once you get down to the specifics of your mapping.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy