Please Help--Firmware Update

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Please Help--Firmware UpdateReply
Please Help--Firmware Update
Posted on: 24.01.2011 by Bradford Grafer
alright, so i've exhausted all options on my end and i'm hoping for a fatlimey- or eangolden-type response. i have a Midifighter from the second batch and i can't flash it. i've narrowed the problem down to an issue with the driver's lack of digital signage. because i can't install the driver, i obviously can't flash it. i've attached a screenshot. thanks for the help.

(the image won't embed, but the link is valid)
Bradford Grafer
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Atmel Flip 3.4.2 says it's Win7 ready.

Did you have any problems with the installation steps?
not a one. installation was smooth, creating the environment was explained well--the only persistent issue is the driver's lack of digital signature (obviously unrelated to Atmel). Win 7 isn't having it.
Bradford Grafer
alright, so i've exhausted all options on my end and i'm hoping for a fatlimey- or eangolden-type response. i have a Midifighter from the second batch and i can't flash it. i've narrowed the problem down to an issue with the driver's lack of digital signage. because i can't install the driver, i obviously can't flash it. i've attached a screenshot. thanks for the help.

(the image won't embed, but the link is valid)
Adolf Hit
Cool do keep us posted on how you get on!
Bradford Grafer
ok, so yea--i'm not crazy. the MFUpdate.exe says it cannot find a Midifighter in bootloader mode when mine is sitting right in front of me . . . in bootloader mode. i've attached another screenshot showing what the device manager listing looks like when the Midifighter is attached in bootloader mode, and what the executable looks like when it unsuccessfully attempts to flash it:

i believe midifidler was right on about it being a Windows 7 x64, lack of digital signature, screwy MS security crap. will update this thread with any news for those who may (or may not) care.
Bradford Grafer
the driver that lacks the signature is the one for the Midifighter. the Midifighter appears in my list of devices as "AT90USB162". and now, as i type that, i'm wondering if i even attempted to run the MFUpdate executable when that appeared in device manager . . . ?

will post again when i get back to my Midifighter . . .
robert chanda
According to this article:

Atmel AVRStudio 4 has 64-bit signed drivers for Windows 7.
Bradford Grafer
Originally Posted by Fatlimey

not a one. installation was smooth, creating the environment was explained well--the only persistent issue is the driver's lack of digital signature (obviously unrelated to Atmel). Win 7 isn't having it.
robert chanda

Bradford Grafer
simple enough solution that i failed to believe of. muchas gracias, midifighter.
Adolf Hit
I'm guessing you are using Windows 7 ? Unfortunately windows 7 is still iffy with a lot of drivers - just find a friends computer you can use for the update.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy