Midi Fighter MAC!!!!

Midi Fighter MAC!!!!
Posted on: 08.10.2010 by Tamatha Schoenwald
I gotten new midi fighter.

I plug it into the mac and it get different light configurations. either all on WITH NO LIGHT SHOW. or a few lights on and no LIGHT SHOW.

Tried to enter into TSP and use the controller with the TSI file. Someone mentioned that the import and export need to be set to the midi fighter.
NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS See Picture.

Do i need to flash the thing or what. I do not believe it is working.

HELP
robert chanda
Originally Posted by D-Kem
Thanks for you reply Fatlimey/Midifidler.
Yeah USB port oriented at the top and bottom row far right button stays lit after snake on both MF's.
Before i lost them i was having a mix at home thankfully and they both flashed off and on which was strange. I also lost my external HD from my system at this point (all running through the same powered hub)but that popped back up on reboot. Hoping i haven't suffered a surge of some description.
That doesn't sound good. The fact that you lost another device on the same USB hub usually happens when there is a short on the USB circuit. Hubs have the ability to shut themselves down if they find an electrical fault, so that would also cause the external HD to drop out until you rebooted.

I've tried the emergency method (reset) and no change in LED config which was expected but still no MF in bootloader mode.
All LED's light up to state i'm in bootloader.
No, if you use the rescue method to drop into Bootloader mode, there should be no display of LEDs. To set LEDs the software has to be running, but the emergency rescue technique is built right into the hardware and bypasses our firmware completely. The fact you get LEDs set at this point, again, is not a good sign.

I can get into Menu mode and tried to refresh4 bank mode. LED's behave as expected but no change in MF function when exiting.
Again, I've never heard of this behaviour before.

Nice to be super rare but hope i'm not being super stupid and missing something obvious. Having said that i've owned one of my MF's for 18 months now and never seen behaviour like this.
Will be awake for another hour or so if you need more info.
Thanks again,
Dylan.
robert chanda
I'm having problems with both my MF's on both laptops.
Get the snake but snake stops at bottom row far right button. Can't reflash at all and tried updater windows, updater mac, atmel flip xp and 7 and jumper reset method.
Midifidler and I were discussing your problem today. Can we get a little more information please?

You say "get the snake" but it "stops at the bottom row". Just to be clear, you are orienting the device with the USB port at the top, correct?

I don't really see a reason why the lights should stop with anything lit at the bottom-right of the buttons. Directly after the Power On Light Show, the device is attempting to start up the USB connection which uses the top four LEDs to display the connection state. The fact that it correctly did the power on display shows me that the firmware is running and has correctly set up the LED system and used it. All the subsystems are running at that point. If there is a corruption in the USB code that would manifest in a top-left LED freeze, not a bottom-right one.

If there was a corruption that froze the board after the lightshow, you should be able to reflash the machine using the Emergency two-wire trick on the "Boot" and "Reset" keys. The fact that that doesn't work makes me imagine that your bootloader is also corrupted. Very rare, but it could happen.

However, you say that this has happened on two devices at once? Super, super rare to have a random event happen exactly the same way twice. It has to be something else.

Can you give us more detailed rundown of what you have tried, what happened when you tried it, how the reflashing failed, what lights you see, whether you can enter Menu Mode, etc.

Thanks.
gabriel ortiz
Originally Posted by mmoore112
Thanks

So i would set the in-Port to: None, Tracktor virtural input, all ports.
And the out-port to: None, MolcapIII, Traktor virtual output, all ports.

Should one of those be midi fighter?

Are you familiar with Midi fighter and the mac?
Set the in port to: midi fighter
set the out port to: midi fighter

2nd question: I own 2 midi fighters and a mac.
Tamatha Schoenwald
I gotten new midi fighter.

I plug it into the mac and it get different light configurations. either all on WITH NO LIGHT SHOW. or a few lights on and no LIGHT SHOW.

Tried to enter into TSP and use the controller with the TSI file. Someone mentioned that the import and export need to be set to the midi fighter.
NOT SURE WHAT THAT MEANS See Picture.

Do i need to flash the thing or what. I do not believe it is working.

HELP
Lauretta Ehrhorn
To confuse the issue even more i have discovered that i can only access menu mode on one MF. The other one snakes down and bottom right button stays lit when top left button is held down.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Sorry i wasn't clear regarding LED function.
The MF lights up in a chequered patten when i use the 4 corner method but there is no change at all when using emergency reset. I understand this to be expected behaviour.
What should i do now? I find it bizzare that both MF's snake and i can access menu mode but they stick on the last button and currently have no purpose or use whatsoever.
robert chanda
Yeah USB port oriented at the top and bottom row far right button stays lit after snake on both MF's.
Before i lost them i was having a mix at home thankfully and they both flashed off and on which was strange. I also lost my external HD from my system at this point (all running through the same powered hub)but that popped back up on reboot. Hoping i haven't suffered a surge of some description.
That doesn't sound good. The fact that you lost another device on the same USB hub usually happens when there is a short on the USB circuit. Hubs have the ability to shut themselves down if they find an electrical fault, so that would also cause the external HD to drop out until you rebooted.

I've tried the emergency method (reset) and no change in LED config which was expected but still no MF in bootloader mode.
No, if you use the rescue method to drop into Bootloader mode, there should be no display of LEDs. To set LEDs the software has to be running, but the emergency rescue technique is built right into the hardware and bypasses our firmware completely. The fact you get LEDs set at this point, again, is not a good sign.

I can get into Menu mode and tried to refresh4 bank mode. LED's behave as expected but no change in MF function when exiting.
Again, I've never heard of this behaviour before.

Nice to be super rare but hope i'm not being super stupid and missing something obvious. Having said that i've owned one of my MF's for 18 months now and never seen behaviour like this.
Thanks again,
Dylan.
Lauretta Ehrhorn

Ok so i've tried Flip but it doesn't recognise the MF (no connection)
I've tried different computers on different OS but no luck
I've tried the updaters on Mac and Windows, following the instructions carefully but no MF in bootloader mode.
Thanks again,
Dylan.
robert chanda
Get the snake but snake stops at bottom row far right button. Can't reflash at all and tried updater windows, updater mac, atmel flip xp and 7 and jumper reset method.
Midifidler and I were discussing your problem today. Can we get a little more information please?

You say "get the snake" but it "stops at the bottom row". Just to be clear, you are orienting the device with the USB port at the top, correct?

I don't really see a reason why the lights should stop with anything lit at the bottom-right of the buttons. Directly after the Power On Light Show, the device is attempting to start up the USB connection which uses the top four LEDs to display the connection state. The fact that it correctly did the power on display shows me that the firmware is running and has correctly set up the LED system and used it. All the subsystems are running at that point. If there is a corruption in the USB code that would manifest in a top-left LED freeze, not a bottom-right one.

If there was a corruption that froze the board after the lightshow, you should be able to reflash the machine using the Emergency two-wire trick on the "Boot" and "Reset" keys. The fact that that doesn't work makes me imagine that your bootloader is also corrupted. Very rare, but it could happen.

However, you say that this has happened on two devices at once? Super, super rare to have a random event happen exactly the same way twice. It has to be something else.

Can you give us more detailed rundown of what you have tried, what happened when you tried it, how the reflashing failed, what lights you see, whether you can enter Menu Mode, etc.

Thanks.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Get the snake but snake stops at bottom row far right button. Can't reflash at all and tried updater windows, updater mac, atmel flip xp and 7 and jumper reset method. Still nothing. I have reflashed my MF's before without a problem so i know i'm not missing something blatantly obvious. Very frustrating, particularly as my VCI Arcade has decided to shed the plastic inner on the USB socket and after putting a new socket on the PCB i still have no power (anyone know where i can get another PCB for a VCI? A very, very bad month. Thank god 1200's are built like tanks and just keep going or i would have been struggling big time. Still felt very bare without access to my arcades. A mod like extraclassic did may be required as back up, although with all of my controllers functioning i thought i had all bases covered.
Any help would be fab guys. No MF's is really bothering me.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Have a look at this thread:

http://djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17824

This is how to access the Midi Fighter if using the "press 4 outside buttons" method doesn't work.
Tamatha Schoenwald
I have not tried that yet. I have been tied up with other things

Thanks for the advise
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Yeah - it does sound very odd?

@MMore - did you send the original unit back and get a replacement? Is the new unit working now? Have you had a look at the "How To Flash A MF" threads?
Adolf Hit
tbh it sounded like his unit had no firmware in it all based on his description, I figure the new one has sorted it?
Lorelei Przybylowicz
What happens if you hold down the 4 corner buttons and plug in the USB? Can you get into BootLoader Mode?
Tamatha Schoenwald
I have gotten a new unit it does do the snake.

Still playing with it
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Hi

Do you get the light "Snake" when you plug in the USB? Do the top left lights show up at all in a 1-2-1-2-3 or something similar? Do the LEDs light up if you press any button?

What Mac do you have? Have you tried different USB ports? What version of OSX are you running?

Is the MidiFighter listed in your Midi Devices when it is connected? To check go to Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi Set Up then in the Window menu at the top select Show Midi Window. Is the Midi Fighter show there? Do you get notes if you select Test Setup and hit the buttons?

Please try and answer as many of these as possible and I will try to help you out! Please update your signature - it helps to know what people are using.

Tamatha Schoenwald
Thank you for your time i will work harder and get this to work.
Leeanna Ayla
The midi fighter needs to be connected and on for them to show up in the drop down.
gabriel ortiz
Originally Posted by mmoore112
Thanks

Set the in port to: midi fighter
set the out port to: midi fighter

2nd question: I own 2 midi fighters and a mac.
Tamatha Schoenwald
Thanks

Leeanna Ayla
Where it says all ports you need to change that to midi fighter.
Leeanna Ayla
For some reason I can't see the picture when I click on it. When you add the tsi you need to select the midi fighter in the in/out ports in the drop downs to the right on the top of the controller manager.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy