4 Banks Mode question?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: 4 Banks Mode question?Reply
4 Banks Mode question?
Posted on: 11.02.2011 by Delfina Lorimor
I have no idea what the four banks mode is. I am assuming its 4 banks of effects but just wanted to make sure.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by RileySmiley
Can you guys tell me what happens when you press the top 4 buttons? I am assuming the first button in the row goes to bank one, the second to two, etc. When I do this, the first button activates an effect and doesn't "bank". I updated my MF firmware and dl'd the new mapping... thanks
You first have to activate 4banks internal mode. Read point 5 of this post.

Even with the new firmware the standard mode is a normal 16 button, 16 note layout.

Re. Extra inputs, as the above post says, if you have 4 extra inputs you can activate 4banks external mode which uses those extra inputs to switch between 4 banks of all 16 arcade buttons.

as FatLimey put it, mo buttons fo yo money
Bao Dright
Originally Posted by StuC
yes, every Bank sends other MidiNote's

thats my question too

I found this in the notes on the latest firmware:

"Fourbanks mode has more options: Fourbanks Internal uses the top 4 keys to select banks. Fourbanks External uses the expansion digital inputs as bank select keys"

Also, I read somewhere that the extra banks never apply to any of the inputs on an expansion board. Makes mapping a bit trickier but it can be done, at least.
Jacki Agrillo
Originally Posted by inov8
Great feature! Does this mean that no modifiers are used to access the different banks?

Also does it work with the extra 4 buttons on custom MIDI Fighters?
thats my question too
Delfina Lorimor
I have no idea what the four banks mode is. I am assuming its 4 banks of effects but just wanted to make sure.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by RileySmiley
Can you guys tell me what happens when you press the top 4 buttons? I am assuming the first button in the row goes to bank one, the second to two, etc. When I do this, the first button activates an effect and doesn't "bank". I updated my MF firmware and dl'd the new mapping... thanks
You first have to activate 4banks internal mode. Read point 5 of this post.

Even with the new firmware the standard mode is a normal 16 button, 16 note layout.

Re. Extra inputs, as the above post says, if you have 4 extra inputs you can activate 4banks external mode which uses those extra inputs to switch between 4 banks of all 16 arcade buttons.

as FatLimey put it, mo buttons fo yo money
Bao Dright
Originally Posted by StuC

thats my question too

I found this in the notes on the latest firmware:

"Fourbanks mode has more options: Fourbanks Internal uses the top 4 keys to select banks. Fourbanks External uses the expansion digital inputs as bank select keys"

Also, I read somewhere that the extra banks never apply to any of the inputs on an expansion board. Makes mapping a bit trickier but it can be done, at least.
Delfina Lorimor
Jacki Agrillo
Great feature! Does this mean that no modifiers are used to access the different banks?

Also does it work with the extra 4 buttons on custom MIDI Fighters?
thats my question too
Bao Dright
Great feature! Does this mean that no modifiers are used to access the different banks? Also does it work with the extra 4 buttons on custom MIDI Fighters?
Delfina Lorimor
ic, thank you. whenever I press the top four buttons, its is mapped to the second banks effects and it activates only deck 2 (the lower three rows activates the 1st deck with effects 1, 3 and 4). Is my mapping faulty? Thanks
Meg Reinoehl
By default, the MIDI Fighter just has 16 buttons on it that can trigger 16 different MIDI CC's or MIDI notes. 4 banks mode changes the MIDI Fighter so that instead of one "bank" of 16 buttons, it uses the top 4 buttons to bank through 4 banks of 12 buttons.

Another way to look at it is that normally the 16 buttons on the MIDI Fighter triggers notes C2-D#3. In 4 banks mode, bank 1 sets the remaining 12 buttons to notes C2-B2, bank 2 sets them to C3-B3, bank 3 to C4-B4, and bank 4 to C5-B5.

This allows for 3x as many commands to be set using the same controller.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy