VCI-100 and midifighter combo help

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: VCI-100 and midifighter combo helpReply
VCI-100 and midifighter combo help
Posted on: 02.03.2011 by Reid Capulin
Ello everybody. I just got my midi fighter today and I must say its amazing. I have hooked it up and downloaded all the newest mappings. I am trying to run it along side my vci-100 with 1.4 and the newest DJTT mapping. Most of it works except the effects in bank two. Whenever i try to trigger the two effects in this bank from the MF, the bank turns off. Im not sure if I imported them wrong or that the fact that both controllers or mapped to control that same Fx bank is causing problems.

Any help or advise would mean alot. I remember seeing ean do a video on setting them both up side by side but i can"t seem to find it.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by mddombrowski
. . . is not the best advice. in fact, the opposite is true. you want to click all of the effects settings, and you want to "mess up the controls." you just first want to make sure that you know what you're clicking by using tooltips, or the manual, or what have you. but "messing things up" is a tried and true way of learning how to use things. (no offense, fullenglishpint, just a thought i had after reading your reply. could have been anyone's.)
I totally agree that you should mess around with things to learn how to use them, I was referring to the specific example of these DJTT mappings with their complex FX routings etc. There are a huge number of commands for FX unit x on/off for each deck, and these can stop working if you change things with the mouse.
Bradford Grafer
Originally Posted by skipp2miloo
Oh sorry, I was talking about the 4 little numbered boxes next to each deck. I will even click them on with my mouse so they are orange but as soon as I press the effect button on the MF the box #2 fades back to the off color of grey. I'm running the deckalized mapping on the MF.

I'm really new to mapping so maybe this is a dumb question but what do you mean by making sure my vci mapping is somewhere safe?
just a tip . . . in the top-left corner of Traktor, you'll see the Native Instruments logo, and to the left of that is the full-screen toggle, and next to that there is a box with an "i" in it. i highly recommend that you click that button, because what it does is turn on little, informational boxes that you tell you what things are when you hover over the different features. tooltips, as they're called = super helpful.

so, if you turn on tooltips and hover over those numbered boxes next to each deck, you'll see a pop-up that reads:

"FX _ ON
Click on _ to assign a channel to Effect Slot _"

basically that's a really stupid way of saying that each of those boxes toggle the corresponding FX bank to that deck. so, let's say boxes 1, 2, and 3, but not 4, are orange (toggled on) next to deck A. that means FX banks 1, 2, and 3, and not 4, will be heard during deck A's playback. the Midifighter maps include this information in the mapping, so if one is turned off that the map requires, the corresponding FX will not work on that deck until it's toggled back on. ergo this:

Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Don't click any of the effect settings with your mouse, this can mess up the midifighter controls. Restart Traktor and don't touch anything in the effects settings then see if your MF works.
. . . is not the best advice. in fact, the opposite is true. you want to click all of the effects settings, and you want to "mess up the controls." you just first want to make sure that you know what you're clicking by using tooltips, or the manual, or what have you. but "messing things up" is a tried and true way of learning how to use things. (no offense, fullenglishpint, just a thought i had after reading your reply. could have been anyone's.)
Reid Capulin
Ello everybody. I just got my midi fighter today and I must say its amazing. I have hooked it up and downloaded all the newest mappings. I am trying to run it along side my vci-100 with 1.4 and the newest DJTT mapping. Most of it works except the effects in bank two. Whenever i try to trigger the two effects in this bank from the MF, the bank turns off. Im not sure if I imported them wrong or that the fact that both controllers or mapped to control that same Fx bank is causing problems.

Any help or advise would mean alot. I remember seeing ean do a video on setting them both up side by side but i can"t seem to find it.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by mddombrowski
I totally agree that you should mess around with things to learn how to use them, I was referring to the specific example of these DJTT mappings with their complex FX routings etc. There are a huge number of commands for FX unit x on/off for each deck, and these can stop working if you change things with the mouse.
Reid Capulin
Thanks for the advise....I just turned on tooltips and its never coming off!
Bradford Grafer
Originally Posted by skipp2miloo
Oh sorry, I was talking about the 4 little numbered boxes next to each deck. I will even click them on with my mouse so they are orange but as soon as I press the effect button on the MF the box #2 fades back to the off color of grey. I'm running the deckalized mapping on the MF.

I'm really new to mapping so maybe this is a dumb question but what do you mean by making sure my vci mapping is somewhere safe?
just a tip . . . in the top-left corner of Traktor, you'll see the Native Instruments logo, and to the left of that is the full-screen toggle, and next to that there is a box with an "i" in it. i highly recommend that you click that button, because what it does is turn on little, informational boxes that you tell you what things are when you hover over the different features. tooltips, as they're called = super helpful.

so, if you turn on tooltips and hover over those numbered boxes next to each deck, you'll see a pop-up that reads:

"FX _ ON
Click on _ to assign a channel to Effect Slot _"

basically that's a really stupid way of saying that each of those boxes toggle the corresponding FX bank to that deck. so, let's say boxes 1, 2, and 3, but not 4, are orange (toggled on) next to deck A. that means FX banks 1, 2, and 3, and not 4, will be heard during deck A's playback. the Midifighter maps include this information in the mapping, so if one is turned off that the map requires, the corresponding FX will not work on that deck until it's toggled back on. ergo this:

Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Don't click any of the effect settings with your mouse, this can mess up the midifighter controls. Restart Traktor and don't touch anything in the effects settings then see if your MF works.
Reid Capulin
haha I like that
Tatum Ansaldo
Reid Capulin
Its working now. Thank you so much dude!
Tatum Ansaldo
I just mean that if you import with the big import button (see my sig), it deletes all the mappings you have installed so export it to your desktop or something first (select mapping, click edit > export), then reimport it with the small add button afterwards.

Reid Capulin

Tatum Ansaldo
The standard advice is to (after exporting your VCI mapping to somewhere safe) reimport the MF mapping twice with the big import button, making sure you import effect settings along with it. Then restart Traktor a couple of times.

What exactly do you mean when you say it turns off bank 2? where is it turning off and which midifighter mapping are you using? (deckalized, instant gratification, something else?)

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy