Got my Midi Fighter today BUT.....

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Got my Midi Fighter today BUT.....Reply
Got my Midi Fighter today BUT.....
Posted on: 07.03.2011 by Yon Gigler
It came already assembled when I asked for it in kit form.

I ordered a specific selection of coloured buttons to layout the way I wanted - can I remove the buttons and place in the order I want? If so is there anything that needs to be done in a certain way.
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I've changed the configuration of my buttons many many times while working on my custom mapping. Super easy but be careful, as tyfurious said the plastic tabs are very small and delicate. easiest way is to unscrew the top and pull the whole assembly off (carefully) then move your buttons and push it back on (I reckon anyway).

Btw, watch out for the new hybrid Deckalized Instant Gratification mapping coming soon from flashflooder! my request was listened to and they're making it!

Strange that quite a few people are receiving preconstructed MFs when they asked for DIY kits. I believe Herbstrike got the same.
Thanks for all the advice. I'm now getting a little nervous about stripping this down. I'll make sure I'm very careful and take my time.

Will defo keep an eye out for this new mapping.

I got in touch with DjTT and they apologised and said there must of been a glitch somewhere and it was mistaken for a pre-build instead of a DIY kit.
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by tyfurious
Oh, when taking out the core of the buttons do be careful, too much force and you can snap the little plastic piece. This never happened to me, but I got really close to doing it. If you can have a buddy help you out it makes it hundred times faster. ^.^
I'll keep that in mind when get to work on it. Going to leave it till the weekend now as I'm going to get paint and make a design for it.
Yon Gigler
It came already assembled when I asked for it in kit form.

I ordered a specific selection of coloured buttons to layout the way I wanted - can I remove the buttons and place in the order I want? If so is there anything that needs to be done in a certain way.
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I've changed the configuration of my buttons many many times while working on my custom mapping. Super easy but be careful, as tyfurious said the plastic tabs are very small and delicate. easiest way is to unscrew the top and pull the whole assembly off (carefully) then move your buttons and push it back on (I reckon anyway).

Btw, watch out for the new hybrid Deckalized Instant Gratification mapping coming soon from flashflooder! my request was listened to and they're making it!

Strange that quite a few people are receiving preconstructed MFs when they asked for DIY kits. I believe Herbstrike got the same.
Thanks for all the advice. I'm now getting a little nervous about stripping this down. I'll make sure I'm very careful and take my time.

Will defo keep an eye out for this new mapping.

I got in touch with DjTT and they apologised and said there must of been a glitch somewhere and it was mistaken for a pre-build instead of a DIY kit.
Tatum Ansaldo

Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by tyfurious
Oh, when taking out the core of the buttons do be careful, too much force and you can snap the little plastic piece. This never happened to me, but I got really close to doing it. If you can have a buddy help you out it makes it hundred times faster. ^.^
I'll keep that in mind when get to work on it. Going to leave it till the weekend now as I'm going to get paint and make a design for it.
Gilma Marchini
Yon Gigler
Great. Thanks Chris.
Leeanna Ayla
I t doesn't really matter if you start on the top or the bottom, but I believe going in a set pattern is a good idea. ie left to right or top to bottom.
Yon Gigler
Thanks tyfurious. I'll get to work on it toevening . Do you have to put the buttons in, in a specific order? As in the video it shows arranging the buttons starting at the bottom left corner and working your way up. Is this necessary?
Gilma Marchini
There's two tabs on each button you can push in, then lift the button from the slot. I sort of feel your pain bro, I love DJTT products, but I'm yet to get a single one of my custom orders right or functional. My VCI had the wrong knobs, first midifighter board short circuited after 2 min. of use and my 2nd midifighter was missing a light pipe and the bottom acrylic plate.

But yea, I've re-organized the buttons on my 1st MF twice now, it's pretty easy once you get it down.
Bradford Grafer
i second this question, as i'd also like to know about changing the buttons of an already-assembled Midifighter. if i'm not mistaken, the two-tone buttons that i've seen in a few pictures around the site appear to be nothing more than a button placed inside a different colored housing. is this correct? my Midifighter has two black buttons and two white buttons and i'd like to make four, two-tone (black/white) buttons. can the buttons be disassembled into two pieces (i.e. the button and the housing)?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy