Failed to find midifighter in bootloader mode

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Failed to find midifighter in bootloader modeReply
Failed to find midifighter in bootloader mode
Posted on: 12.02.2011 by Meggan Mascarelli
Hey, i've been trying to flash my midifighter with the midifighter update program and im following the steps exactly and getting my mididfighter into bootloader mode but the program itself isn't finding my midifighter in the bootleg mode.

If it helps i dont believe i had the libusb0 driver installed before i tried all of this and i found a dll for it online

could it be an old libusb0 driver problem?
Bradford Grafer
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Atmel just (like just) released AVRStudio 5 beta which had direct support for Win7 64-bit. I am investigating that to find out more...
nice. much appreciated, sir.
Bradford Grafer
As for Win7 64-bit we have a solution for installing the 64-bit driver and I'm looking into creating the necessary signed installers that will let it work without having to jump through hoops.

It's all on the enormous, growing todo lost...
are the hoops you're referring to the development environment and flashing the Midifighter that way? you seem to be quite busy, so i doubt you remember this photo:

but there is currently no win 7 x64 solution that i can find. no sweat though, because it's not necessarily an issue on your end. i have first-ish/secondhand experience with MS being very picky about accepting digital signatures/certificates. personally, not being able to flash my Midifighter from the pc i want is sort of analogous to having the grayed out screen appear, but being unable to click the accept button. i would put this solution very low on your enormous list.
Meggan Mascarelli
Hey, i've been trying to flash my midifighter with the midifighter update program and im following the steps exactly and getting my mididfighter into bootloader mode but the program itself isn't finding my midifighter in the bootleg mode.

If it helps i dont believe i had the libusb0 driver installed before i tried all of this and i found a dll for it online

could it be an old libusb0 driver problem?
Bradford Grafer
i have good news to report to you, Fatlimey! i just inadvertently discovered that Midifighters can survive a Win7 x64 hibernation cycle!
Bradford Grafer
Atmel just (like just) released AVRStudio 5 beta which had direct support for Win7 64-bit. I am investigating that to find out more...
nice. much appreciated, sir.
robert chanda
Bradford Grafer
the 2000 or the XP instructions? kidding. yes, to a t.
robert chanda
Did you follow the installation instructions for Atmel Flip? The README has important instructions on installing the DFU drivers...

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Atmel/Flip%203.4.2/info/Readme.html
Bradford Grafer
As for Win7 64-bit we have a solution for installing the 64-bit driver and I'm looking into creating the necessary signed installers that will let it work without having to jump through hoops.

are the hoops you're referring to the development environment and flashing the Midifighter that way? you seem to be quite busy, so i doubt you remember this photo:

but there is currently no win 7 x64 solution that i can find. no sweat though, because it's not necessarily an issue on your end. i have first-ish/secondhand experience with MS being very picky about accepting digital signatures/certificates. personally, not being able to flash my Midifighter from the pc i want is sort of analogous to having the grayed out screen appear, but being unable to click the accept button. i would put this solution very low on your enormous list.
robert chanda
The evidence we've found is that leaving the MF plugged in during a hibernate cycle is not a good thing to do. We're still testing and trying to find solutions that will work for newly manufactured midifighters and for those already in the field.

Evangeline Abraha
Hi There,

Here's a link to a thread that might help you. It has a step by step guide depending whether if your computer can see the device or not. I used the Atmel Flip app on my PC & also had to revert to the last resort which is to short the reset & Boot cirquits on PCB.

The happy news was obviously that I did not need to send the unit back to DJTT for repair. : )

My unit failed because I had left it plugged in when my machine was on sleep overevening , so might be worthwhile to take it into routine to have it unplugged when not used in session.....

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=16533
Bradford Grafer
i still can't flash my midifighter using my laptop that's running win 7 ultimate x64. don't know if that helps.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy