Midi-fighter Production?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi-fighter Production?Reply
Midi-fighter Production?
Posted on: 13.03.2011 by Garth Guden
Hey all,

I have recently been getting into the production side of the DJ world. Youtube has provided an endless supply of videos of people chopping up samples and making their own drum beats. Being a broke college student and all.... I was wondering if there are any midi mappings/programs out there that could make the Midi-fighter into something comparable to the Akai MPC series or NI's Maschine. That way I could make beats and still be able to afford to feed myself!

Thanks for your help!
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by photojojo

Just a little spelling mistake in there. But the point is made very clear.
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Originally Posted by meistromitch
Ableton Live.
Just use Midi-learn and set each MF Button to launch a different clip in Session view.
Garth Guden
Hey all,

I have recently been getting into the production side of the DJ world. Youtube has provided an endless supply of videos of people chopping up samples and making their own drum beats. Being a broke college student and all.... I was wondering if there are any midi mappings/programs out there that could make the Midi-fighter into something comparable to the Akai MPC series or NI's Maschine. That way I could make beats and still be able to afford to feed myself!

Thanks for your help!
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by photojojo

Just a little spelling mistake in there. But the point is made very clear.
Leeanna Ayla
http://tinyurl.com/5wjntp7
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Originally Posted by meistromitch
Ableton Live.
Just use Midi-learn and set each MF Button to launch a different clip in Session view.
Garth Guden
Ableton Live.
Leeanna Ayla
What DAW are you using?
Garth Guden
That makes sense. The only problem would be that when it comes to making midi-mappings I have no clue what I am doing. Do you know of any tutorial vids or articles online for a n00b?
Leeanna Ayla
You should be able to midi map it to whatever DAW you want to use. The arcade buttons are not velocity sensitive though, so it won't be the same.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy