Possible trigger for PCB Fail

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Possible trigger for PCB FailReply
Possible trigger for PCB Fail
Posted on: 03.03.2011 by Evangeline Abraha
Hi Then folks,

This might just be a one-off but I thought to post it anyway.

Yesterday is a plugged in my MF I noticed that the top left led was staying on constantly & my Macbook would not identify MF as a USB device.

So I decided to ask myself, what is it that I have been doing differently as the unit has not failed me before & I own the MF from the first production run , so it has been pretty solid.

The only thing I could come up was :

I had left the unit plugged into Macbook & left the machine asleep for a full 10 Hour period. The fail may have been caused by power-surge somewhat, not sure.

---------------------------------------------

So the question is : Is there recommendation as to how long it's reasonable to have the unit plugged into power-source for ? How many hours?

The only way to bring it back to life was shorting the connection on the boot & Re-set section as instructed here on the community s. Very Much appreciated for this advice! I pretty much rather fix it here than have it sent back to California...

So from now on I only plug it in when playing out & respectfully have it unplugged when not active...

M
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by photojojo
I do that all the time and after reading this i looked at my MF and the top left button was lit up. I hit another bank button and nothing happened. My heart sunk a little, I unplugged it, plugged it back in, got the snake and everything works. Disaster narrowly averted. It's unplugged now.
I can only imagine how you felt for that split second it wasn't working!!! PHEW!!
Evangeline Abraha
Hi Then folks,

This might just be a one-off but I thought to post it anyway.

Yesterday is a plugged in my MF I noticed that the top left led was staying on constantly & my Macbook would not identify MF as a USB device.

So I decided to ask myself, what is it that I have been doing differently as the unit has not failed me before & I own the MF from the first production run , so it has been pretty solid.

The only thing I could come up was :

I had left the unit plugged into Macbook & left the machine asleep for a full 10 Hour period. The fail may have been caused by power-surge somewhat, not sure.

So the question is : Is there recommendation as to how long it's reasonable to have the unit plugged into power-source for ? How many hours?

The only way to bring it back to life was shorting the connection on the boot & Re-set section as instructed here on the community s. Very Much appreciated for this advice! I pretty much rather fix it here than have it sent back to California...

So from now on I only plug it in when playing out & respectfully have it unplugged when not active...

M
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by photojojo
I do that all the time and after reading this i looked at my MF and the top left button was lit up. I hit another bank button and nothing happened. My heart sunk a little, I unplugged it, plugged it back in, got the snake and everything works. Disaster narrowly averted. It's unplugged now.
I can only imagine how you felt for that split second it wasn't working!!! PHEW!!
Leeanna Ayla
Adolf Hit
Judging by the comments so far a fair of people who have experienced this problem do leave the midifighter plugged in to a hibernating computer overevening .

So I would recommend not doing this.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy