MPD 24 as Midi Fighter, not possible?!?!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MPD 24 as Midi Fighter, not possible?!?!Reply
MPD 24 as Midi Fighter, not possible?!?!
Posted on: 23.03.2011 by Eileen Hincher
Much to my dismay, I've spent the better part of three hours now trying to set up my MPD24 identical to a MF. I'm having absolutely no luck. I can load the MF deckalized focus mapping, and things seem to go pretty well, until i shift focus to another deck. the sampler seems to react poorly if ever at all.

has anyone had any luck, maybe a tsi to share?!

johnny
Bradford Grafer
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
edit: unless you tried changing the focus by some other means than the MF mapping shortcut. That makes things go all screwy for some reason.
+1. took me longer than it should have to figure that one out. super important point and hardly mentioned anywhere.
Eileen Hincher
Much to my dismay, I've spent the better part of three hours now trying to set up my MPD24 identical to a MF. I'm having absolutely no luck. I can load the MF deckalized focus mapping, and things seem to go pretty well, until i shift focus to another deck. the sampler seems to react poorly if ever at all.

has anyone had any luck, maybe a tsi to share?!

johnny
Tatum Ansaldo
and my mate told me that it's much easier to change the notes ON the MPD using its screen and controls rather than software.
Sammie Okeeffe
Are you using a default preset (13 and above)?? this should sort the octave problem out if it does not selecting bank b will bring the mpd one octave up..

good luck
Eileen Hincher
i'm on channel 3. i'm using the midifighter deckalized mapping. for whatever reason, the mpd does not list the same notes as described in the MF dev section of the community s. i.e.: the notes are an octave lower than on the midi fighter. if i edit the notes (with vyzex or any other sysex librarian) to be an octave higher, the note numbers are not correct, it doesn't function like the midi fighter.

anyone?
Bradford Grafer
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
edit: unless you tried changing the focus by some other means than the MF mapping shortcut. That makes things go all screwy for some reason.
+1. took me longer than it should have to figure that one out. super important point and hardly mentioned anywhere.
Tatum Ansaldo
Worked fine when I tried it with my mate's MPD24, sorry I can't help. If the notes are right it should just work!

Sammie Okeeffe
is a puzzling one as all it took me to get an mpd24 working was to change my CC from 1 to 3.. then BOOM MIDIFIGHTER with faders
Bradford Grafer
wait, so you've spent three hours doing what? i'm going out on a limb here to guess that you haven't verified what signals/notes are being sent by your MPD's pads. when you say that things went pretty well when you first imported the deckalized-focus map, what do you mean? did all the buttons work correctly until you shift+focused? how is the sampler reacting poorly? the Midifighter maps will work with any 16 pads that trigger MIDI signals, so long as the map's assignments match up with the notes triggered by said pads.
Sammie Okeeffe
before i got my 2 midi fighters i was using an MPD24. The focused tsi worked fine on my set up. Are you using an Undefined template on the MPD?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy