is my MF dead? :(

is my MF dead? :(
Posted on: 18.03.2011 by Carma Panhorst
i just tried to show my friend my awesome midi and now all of my lights are on and i tried to flash it but it said something about the hex not going through...this is day 2 and i tried using the staple technique but im unsure if i am doing it correctly...i am not that computer savy but will this stop me from saving my midi?
ive heard many things about the midi's konking out but i dont want to jump to conlusions
Thanks for your time
Carma Panhorst
i just tried to show my friend my awesome midi and now all of my lights are on and i tried to flash it but it said something about the hex not going through...this is day 2 and i tried using the staple technique but im unsure if i am doing it correctly...i am not that computer savy but will this stop me from saving my midi?
ive heard many things about the midi's konking out but i dont want to jump to conlusions
Thanks for your time
Random X
Is there any chance you have upgraded/updated mainboard USB port drivers?

I had that once with Vista; it resulted in me not being able to run the BCR on Vista.
After contacting Behringer and several other support channel, I just reinstalled my OS (Vista) and neglected the USB drivers.

That way it recognized the controller and I was able to conduct my usual BCR carnage.
Carma Panhorst
i tried the paper clip, resulted in all the lights being turned on but it still didn't read it and was unable to flash...
none of the other methods worked for me as well
i even changed the USB cable and nothing
Random X
Why not try a paperclip?
Harley Hendzel
also try a new usb cable. i just had the same issue i ran into a few days ago. i swapped out the usb cable and the midi fighter came on with no issues.
Harley Hendzel
turn it on using the 4 corners method. press and hold the 4 corner buttons and plug in the usb cable. then, try to re-flash
Carma Panhorst
. * . .
. . . .
. . . .
. . . *

my lights have stayed on like this
(sorry . = on; * = off)
but yeah and i tried loading the firmware and it said the same message about the hex not going through...

thanks again for trying to help me through this haha
Harley Hendzel
After I did the reset, I just pushed the firmware back to it.
Carma Panhorst
question:
how did you find out that "it worked"?

do i just disconnect it and then reconnect it to traktor
or just move on like nothing happened?
Harley Hendzel
i tried a staple and it didn't work for me.

i ended up using some old copper wire from some speaker cable i wasn't using.

when you plug in the usb cable, that's when you connect the wire to the reset terminals to complete the electrical circuit. just stick to the instructions and it will work out.
Carma Panhorst
thanks a lot for your comment
going home in a couple of hours and indeed trying this out

and im guessing "a piece of uninsulated wire" can be a staple correct?
and when i plug in my midi, there should be nothing on the screen or i don't have to download anything to help it go into bootloader mode correct?

i just want to make sure i get this right
Harley Hendzel
Did you try this first?
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17824

I had a problem with mine the other day after I was playing around with it in Ableton Live. The morning after I used my MF in Live 8, I opened up Traktor but my unit was not responding and two of the lights kept flashing. I did the reset explained in that link I posted and I reflashed my MF.

Since then, I am considering soldering up two small pushbutton switches on the boot and reset terminals.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy