New Midi fighter not working

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Midi fighter not workingReply
New Midi fighter not working
Posted on: 25.03.2011 by Christine Schugel
So brand new midi fighter came today and it doesn't seem to be working at all.
When I plug it in 2 out of 3 of my usb ports there are 3 LEDs that don't illuminate, but in the 3rd port they do... Now I know that these ports all function correctly as I use them all the time.

I have tried the deckalized and the instant gratification mapping but traktor doesn't even seem to get a midi signal when buttons are pressed, it clearly recognizes a controller is connected (the blue icon is shown) but nothing happens when I try to use it, even when I try to learn a midi mapping value.

I have tried to use the update utility but it just says:

Contacting DjTechTools...
Unable to open temporary file:
Read-only file system
Flashing the Midifighter...
Midifighter erased.
Failed send HEX file to the midifighter.

Is this a faulty unit?
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Street Knowledge
what kind of legitimate company doesnt work weekends?
I'm gonna go with most...

Do you realise how few people there are running DJTT? Do you expect them to give their entire lives to their job? The service is good, but if you email any online retailer on a friday, there's a good chance they won't be able to reply until monday.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Andykarasek02
When I plug it in 2 out of 3 of my usb ports there are 3 LEDs that don't illuminate, but in the 3rd port they do... Now I know that these ports all function correctly as I use them all the time.

I have tried the deckalized and the instant gratification mapping but traktor doesn't even seem to get a midi signal when buttons are pressed, it clearly recognizes a controller is connected (the blue icon is shown) but nothing happens when I try to use it, even when I try to learn a midi mapping value.
have you selected the midi fighter in the in/out ports for the mapping? But yes, firmware update should be your first priority.

And regarding your USB ports, not all are equal. It's entirely possible that the 2 that don't work with the midifighter are underpowered, meaning that they'll work fine with things that don't require much power but something like the midifighter with lots of LEDs and such doesn't recieve enough buss power. You might want to try an externally powered USB hub.

Threads like this make me nervous as hell about the midifighter I ordered, and the fact that I emailed DJTT about my order on friday and they STILL havent emailed me back.
I doubt they work weekends, and so if you emailed on friday and it's not monday morning yet in San Francisco I really wouldn't worry.
robert chanda

Read-only file system
Midifighter erased.
Did you drag the MFUpdate out of the DMG container onto your desktop before running it?
Christine Schugel

Read-only file system
Midifighter erased.

Is this a faulty unit?
Christine Schugel
Yeah I did set the in and out ports.

and no I did not take the updater out the virtual drive, I will give that a try before I try the bootloader with the wire method. Will keep you updated with any progress

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated
Tatum Ansaldo
I'm gonna go with most...

Do you realise how few people there are running DJTT? Do you expect them to give their entire lives to their job? The service is good, but if you email any online retailer on a friday, there's a good chance they won't be able to reply until monday.
Quiana Sedey
Tatum Ansaldo

have you selected the midi fighter in the in/out ports for the mapping? But yes, firmware update should be your first priority.

And regarding your USB ports, not all are equal. It's entirely possible that the 2 that don't work with the midifighter are underpowered, meaning that they'll work fine with things that don't require much power but something like the midifighter with lots of LEDs and such doesn't recieve enough buss power. You might want to try an externally powered USB hub.

Threads like this make me nervous as hell about the midifighter I ordered, and the fact that I emailed DJTT about my order on friday and they STILL havent emailed me back.
I doubt they work weekends, and so if you emailed on friday and it's not monday morning yet in San Francisco I really wouldn't worry.
Quiana Sedey
robert chanda

Read-only file system
Midifighter erased.
Did you drag the MFUpdate out of the DMG container onto your desktop before running it?
Christine Schugel
excellent, thanks for the tip!
Leeanna Ayla
A thick staple or thin paperclip will work as well. Just need to make sure there's good contact.
Christine Schugel
Right-o will give it a bash, just gotta pick up some wire.
Harley Hendzel
put the MF in bootloader mode. then, try to reflash it.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy