S4 + Midifighter, Pro's and Con's

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: S4 + Midifighter, Pro's and Con'sReply
S4 + Midifighter, Pro's and Con's
Posted on: 07.03.2011 by Tina Sereal
I currently have an S4, but I'm looking to add on in order to get some more creative range.

So, if you have an S4 and a Midifighter, what are you using it for, and how has it helped improve your sets/recordings?

And also, is anyone using an S4+ Midifighter+ X1? If so, what for?

Thanks for your responses gentlemen, maybe you can help me in deciding what to buy next!
Tina Sereal
Originally Posted by PaulColls
I'm in the same boat is victoryrisen, believe I'll definately be splashing out soon though. Hello by the way.
PaulColls,
I've been getting a lot of feedback from other friends outside of DJTT and it seems as though the S4 + Midifighter is hot combo right now. Now, outside of it's popularity, it's a great mix because the S4 is fantastic for all the DJing basics (mixing, cuepoints, eq's, blah blah blah), whereas the Midifighter is great for adding that creative flair that the S4 lacks.

When I say this, I'm believeing about the Instant Gratification mapping. This mapping helps give a range of creativity, which the S4 isn't really able to. The S4 does well with it's on board (hardware) filter, but leaves much to be desired with its inability to easily control four decks of effects (which the midifighter can do well).

With all that said, I'm putting in my order very soon to get one
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Tekki
S4 + MF equals instawin!
Using the MF for beatjumps only atm.
Only using for beatjumps?? Thats alot of spare buttons for just beat jumping dude!! You not using the Inst Grat mapping Tek?
Tina Sereal
I currently have an S4, but I'm looking to add on in order to get some more creative range.

So, if you have an S4 and a Midifighter, what are you using it for, and how has it helped improve your sets/recordings?

And also, is anyone using an S4+ Midifighter+ X1? If so, what for?

Thanks for your responses gentlemen, maybe you can help me in deciding what to buy next!
Soledad Kipke
I've been using instant gratification for two decks with pages 3 and 4 controlling hotcues, loops, and transport. Good stuff
Tina Sereal
Originally Posted by PaulColls
I'm in the same boat is victoryrisen, believe I'll definately be splashing out soon though. Hello by the way.
PaulColls,
I've been getting a lot of feedback from other friends outside of DJTT and it seems as though the S4 + Midifighter is hot combo right now. Now, outside of it's popularity, it's a great mix because the S4 is fantastic for all the DJing basics (mixing, cuepoints, eq's, blah blah blah), whereas the Midifighter is great for adding that creative flair that the S4 lacks.

When I say this, I'm believeing about the Instant Gratification mapping. This mapping helps give a range of creativity, which the S4 isn't really able to. The S4 does well with it's on board (hardware) filter, but leaves much to be desired with its inability to easily control four decks of effects (which the midifighter can do well).

With all that said, I'm putting in my order very soon to get one
Cyndy Fichthorn
Eleonora Musico
I've been playing with doubles on the A and C deck. Looping a part of the track on deck C while applying instant gratification effects on it has been really fun the past few evening s... Like look up and it's 3am kind of fun.
Random X
No worries man.
Kristofer Krauel
Well I hope you let us all in to your little secret when you figure it out!!??
Random X
Nope.

Still believeing what I can do with the spare 8 buttons.
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by Tekki
S4 + MF equals instawin!
Only using for beatjumps?? Thats alot of spare buttons for just beat jumping dude!! You not using the Inst Grat mapping Tek?
Random X
S4 + MF equals instawin!
Harley Hendzel
currently, i am using 4 banks mode. two banks are dedicated for effects and the other two banks are used for scratching and looping.

on my s4, i have gone back to two decks. the rotaries on deck c and d are for the effects banks 3 and 4. the faders are for the channel gains for a and b.

pros: frees my hands up when doing certain button combinations. and less strain when jamming down on buttons.

cons: none for me.
Bradford Grafer
i have a DJ-Tech i-Mix Reload + Midifighter (the i-Mix Reload being, more or less, the same basic type of controller as the S4), and i would highly recommend tacking on a Midifighter to your setup. while the S4 provides you with very good control over the FX banks in Traktor individually, the Midifighter will allow you to couple more FX together, from either a single bank or multiple banks (note "supercombos," as an example), thereby allowing you to create wilder/crazier/different sounding FX than what can be achieved with just the S4. and i say this with the instant gratification mapping in mind, but the deckalized and 1.0/.1 maps also provide greater cue point control than the S4 offers by having all 8 cues, as opposed to just 4, dedicated to their own buttons. and keep in mind that with 4-banks mode (and even without), the possibilities of what you can map to make running Traktor easier to control in general are endless. whether or not any of that is worth $200 is up to you, but don't forget the coolness factor, which is heightened exponentially when a Midifighter is used during a set. coupled with an S4, you'd have a very awesome looking setup.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy