TP2 Deckalized Sample Deck MF Mapping

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: TP2 Deckalized Sample Deck MF MappingReply
TP2 Deckalized Sample Deck MF Mapping
Posted on: 31.03.2011 by Sharyn Prado
Im going to start work on swapping the lower tempo functions of the MF to sample deck triggers, also getting rid of sample slicer in favour of it triggering the record function on the loop sampler. Although trying to retain juggle mode might be useful.

Anyone got any helpful tips?

I'll post a copy on here once its completed.
Kimbra Roemisch
Originally Posted by paulalexsaltis
Hi

I cant help believeing that DJTT should release a mapping to update to Traktor 2.

I'm with you on that. The new features available really require a retooling of the already great mappings offered for mf in traktor pro. Maybe some modifier that allows for a switch between sample deck controls and regular deck controls similar to a deck focus button? I don't believe I have the mapping capability to pull that off though.
Sharyn Prado
Im going to start work on swapping the lower tempo functions of the MF to sample deck triggers, also getting rid of sample slicer in favour of it triggering the record function on the loop sampler. Although trying to retain juggle mode might be useful.

Anyone got any helpful tips?

I'll post a copy on here once its completed.
Sharyn Prado
It would be good to swap MF1 - A/C and MF2 - B/D and have the effects enabled so that you could mash up the loops adding more glitches to make it sound even more live.

So far I have managed to map the 4 bottom buttons to the Sample Decks on A and B deckalized, whilst retaining the beat juggle function and ditching the slicer (which seemed a waste of time to me being a mainly house DJ) Although Im not sure Im keen on this set up I believe splitting the MF between two decks is not the best since you cant use the MF's effects on the sample deck.

The only issue people may have with using my current version it that I have changed the delay to gater and mapped the amount control to a rotary pot on my mixer... its pretty neat when used with the beat roll
Kimbra Roemisch
Originally Posted by paulalexsaltis
Hi

I cant help believeing that DJTT should release a mapping to update to Traktor 2.

I'm with you on that. The new features available really require a retooling of the already great mappings offered for mf in traktor pro. Maybe some modifier that allows for a switch between sample deck controls and regular deck controls similar to a deck focus button? I don't believe I have the mapping capability to pull that off though.
Sharyn Prado
Hi

I have something set up that triggers the sample decks on the bottom 4 buttons, but it is by no means complex. I believe this could be done a lot better, although Im not sure how to work the values set with modifiers i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. It would be nice to be able to trigger the loop recorder with the record button since the mf's buttons are so responsive, so I may include this and maybe add a function to switch between sample deck and normal deck. Also something to alter the trigger of the samples may be good, eg loop play or trigger play.

I was believeing also it may be better to try and work on something that enabled you to shift from decks a, b, c, d, with two MF's whilst also incorporating sample decks... although my mind is slightly blown at how to do it.

Corrin Penney
TP2 might have a new modifier based on what the deck currently is, e.g. Sample or standard. You could include this alongside the standard cue point mapping and have it change automatically based on the type of deck you are using

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy