Please HELP! 2 MIDI FIGHTER+ S4

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Please HELP! 2 MIDI FIGHTER+ S4Reply
Please HELP! 2 MIDI FIGHTER+ S4
Posted on: 07.04.2011 by Jan Tawzer
Alright i just received my 2nd midi fighter 2day And i cant figure out how 2 import 2 seperate mappings! People on the community said i can hook up 2 midi fighters up 2 my s4, 1 with the instant grat mapping and 1 controlling any deck with the deckalized mapping. ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THERE DOING PLEASE HELP!
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Are you sure it won't work if you make sure you plug in your MFs to the same USB ports each time? Just a stab in the dark, you've probably tried.
Yep, I never move them when I was having this problem. Though they were in a USB hub so maybe it's possible if you only use the USB ports on the computer. But then you have no sound card, no other midi controllers, so I haven't bothered trying that....
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by djproben
That's exactly what I was saying - AudioMIDI setup unfortunately fails to do anything as Traktor doesnt recognize the new name. Basically you just have to keep resetting the in and out ports every time you start traktor with these midifighters. It will work after that until you quit. Somebody should fix this....
Are you sure it won't work if you make sure you plug in your MFs to the same USB ports each time? Just a stab in the dark, you've probably tried.

Originally Posted by glitchin21
You R AMAZING! tHANK YOU!
I'm not sure I'd go that far. Well, maybe a bit
Danae Dumler
So i wana rename my midis 4 channeling purposes. I found the audio midi setup,and plugged a midi fighter in. Didnt do anything, what em i missing?
That's exactly what I was saying - AudioMIDI setup unfortunately fails to do anything as Traktor doesnt recognize the new name. Basically you just have to keep resetting the in and out ports every time you start traktor with these midifighters. It will work after that until you quit. Somebody should fix this....
Jan Tawzer
You need to use the small add button under the list of controllers for the second MF. Big import button for the first, then click add > import and select the other MF mapping. Then assign them to their respective MF ports in the in/out settings.
Tatum Ansaldo
I tryed that already, when you import the 2nd mapping it overides the first mapping! This is so frustrating!
You need to use the small add button under the list of controllers for the second MF. Big import button for the first, then click add > import and select the other MF mapping. Then assign them to their respective MF ports in the in/out settings.
Jan Tawzer
Originally Posted by Razehell
I dont have a 2nd midi fighter to know for sure.

But import the mappings into traktor and make sure your select in the midi in/out in the top right MF-A to Mapping-A(Instant Grat) and MF-B to Mapping-B(Deckalized).

That's how I assume it would work.
I tryed that already, when you import the 2nd mapping it overides the first mapping! This is so frustrating!
Jan Tawzer
Alright i just received my 2nd midi fighter 2day And i cant figure out how 2 import 2 seperate mappings! People on the community said i can hook up 2 midi fighters up 2 my s4, 1 with the instant grat mapping and 1 controlling any deck with the deckalized mapping. ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THERE DOING PLEASE HELP!
Danae Dumler
Yep, I never move them when I was having this problem. Though they were in a USB hub so maybe it's possible if you only use the USB ports on the computer. But then you have no sound card, no other midi controllers, so I haven't bothered trying that....
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by djproben

I'm not sure I'd go that far. Well, maybe a bit
Danae Dumler
So i wana rename my midis 4 channeling purposes. I found the audio midi setup,and plugged a midi fighter in. Didnt do anything, what em i missing?
Jan Tawzer
Tatum Ansaldo
Jan Tawzer
Ella Rick
Hi

You will be find the audiomidi setting in your mac system,
not in Traktor program
Jan Tawzer
im not sure what im fiddling with can u b more specific? and where do i find the audiomidi control panel? looked every where n traktor prefences!
Danae Dumler
I haven't done this with an S4 but have the same problems with TSP 1.2.7. It can be made to work but the problem is that Traktor gets confused because both midifighters give the same identification info. You have to fiddle with the controller mapping setting every time you restart traktor -- choose one midifighter in each of the in and out port menus for each mapping; you'll be able to figure out which is which from trying it out. Unfortunately traktor forgets this info whenever it quits so using 2 of these is a huge pain in the ass. The Mac has AudioMIDI control panel which lets you rename one of the midifighters but that has no effect on traktor's behavior unfortunately.
Jan Tawzer
Originally Posted by Razehell

But import the mappings into traktor and make sure your select in the midi in/out in the top right MF-A to Mapping-A(Instant Grat) and MF-B to Mapping-B(Deckalized).

Lana Felicien

Jan Tawzer
Any 1?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy