Midifighter Mk 1.3 works just few days

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter Mk 1.3 works just few daysReply
Midifighter Mk 1.3 works just few days
Posted on: 03.05.2011 by Monty Strauder
Hey Guys! First i have to say the Midi fighter is a really great and cool tool! I love him very much! The midi fighter arrived last week and works great! Today in the morning he worked! I wanted to use him in the evening, and ... he dident worked! I plug in the USB Cable and all lights are blue but the top-left-second is dark! i can push every button - nothing happens! I tried a reset with a peace of wire! i tried to go to the boot mode - didnt work, my pc didnt say "Hey u plugged in a Midi fighter" - i plug in the cable - lights on - nothing happens... :eek: :eek:

i hope everyone can help me!

p.s. sorry for my teenie english
p.s.2 iam a electronic, i can solder
Monty Strauder
Originally Posted by sidetrakd
When you are touching the chip you could be crossing the pins and that may cause the leds to act strange.I accidently touched across the reset pin on mine once and it went al strange and had to be reset with the jumper method.Have you tried all the reset methods given on this community ?
I dont touching on the top of the Chip, not on the Pins! It seems like the AT didnt work correct! Yes, i tried all methods of the community ! Nothing works! Today i will looking for the crystal... and the USB D+ and D- ... if this is okay, i will change the AT!
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by Mert
I have tried now all! I can't go in the bootloader mode! All LEDs should as soon as I put the USB cable in! If I take a finger at the AT90USB162 (with slight pressure) the LED's be dark! sometimes dark - sometimes they light up!! I'm stumped! Have also been remeasured if the reset signal is applied to pin 24 of the AT90USB162, all right! As I said, it is not recognized as an usb device and nothing responds! I freak out!
When you are touching the chip you could be crossing the pins and that may cause the leds to act strange.I accidently touched across the reset pin on mine once and it went al strange and had to be reset with the jumper method.Have you tried all the reset methods given on this community ?
Monty Strauder
Hey Guys! First i have to say the Midi fighter is a really great and cool tool! I love him very much! The midi fighter arrived last week and works great! Today in the morning he worked! I wanted to use him in the evening, and ... he dident worked! I plug in the USB Cable and all lights are blue but the top-left-second is dark! i can push every button - nothing happens! I tried a reset with a peace of wire! i tried to go to the boot mode - didnt work, my pc didnt say "Hey u plugged in a Midi fighter" - i plug in the cable - lights on - nothing happens... :eek: :eek:

i hope everyone can help me!

p.s. sorry for my teenie english
p.s.2 iam a electronic, i can solder
Monty Strauder
Hey @ All ! i solder a new Xtal on the pcb, reflashed it and now all works again! I am happy! Thanks for all tipps and helpings!

Mert
Hunter Renslow
Excellent!! I wish I had an oscilloscope for when things go wrong!!Glad you got it sorted!!
Monty Strauder
Hey guys! I have some News! I wanted to measure the Clock on the Chrystal with an oscilloscope and then! ZACK BOOM! All LED's a dark, then, the first Lights up, then the Second, then the third! my pc found a new USB device called "midi fighter"! Then i go back with my test prod and usb device isnt connected! Nothing works again... I knew it sounds funny, but i changed the chrystal and all works! later i try to go in boot mode for reflashing!

Mert
Monty Strauder
Originally Posted by sidetrakd
I dont touching on the top of the Chip, not on the Pins! It seems like the AT didnt work correct! Yes, i tried all methods of the community ! Nothing works! Today i will looking for the crystal... and the USB D+ and D- ... if this is okay, i will change the AT!
Hunter Renslow
Originally Posted by Mert
I have tried now all! I can't go in the bootloader mode! All LEDs should as soon as I put the USB cable in! If I take a finger at the AT90USB162 (with slight pressure) the LED's be dark! sometimes dark - sometimes they light up!! I'm stumped! Have also been remeasured if the reset signal is applied to pin 24 of the AT90USB162, all right! As I said, it is not recognized as an usb device and nothing responds! I freak out!
Venetta Cawyer
Try to reflow the solders with a hot air gun, see if that helps.
Monty Strauder
Monty Strauder
Today all lights are flashing! FTW!
Monty Strauder
Yes, i maked a Reset with a peace of wire, and i cant reflash the firmware, because i cant go to the bootmode, the mode i have to push all corner buttons...
Venetta Cawyer
Try to reflash the firmware.
Also, have you reset the MidiFighter yet? That might do the trick

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy