MF mapping(DJTT) for Maschine

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF mapping(DJTT) for MaschineReply
MF mapping(DJTT) for Maschine
Posted on: 05.04.2010 by Dora Laffer
Have anyone converted the MF mapping to the 16 pads on the Maschine?
And is it possible?

The pre-made Trakor mapping for Maschine is pretty lame if you have the VCI-100, so if no one has done this I will start trying to convert + maybe extend it. If I can figure it out.
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Karolis Petrauskas
Originally Posted by soerensus
@ lethal_pizzle: All we need is a tech-wizard to make the mapping. What would be great to see is the Gratificattion mapping (with 4 additional FX) on bank ABCD (to deck ABCD). Don't know if the velocity should have a default start or depend on how hard you press at first.
You could as well add different FX combinations to the top buttons.
Don't know if the knobs could be used for something?
This is easier said then done, the mapping is a beast! I took a look at it and it uses all 8 modifiers. The main issue is that there are 9 effect slots plus one advanced slot in use. In order to add effects you'd need to press some buttons twice for it to work. One press will load and the other will trigger. I spent some time last evening trying to map the knobs to certain effects. My main one was the ArmyOfMe whoosh. I was able to map it but in order for me to use it the way I'd like (I like to press a button and hold it so when I release it fades) I have to press it twice.

The modifiers on the MF mapping are bonkers, you almost have to be a NASA engineer to work it out. Props to the djtt team for even attempting such a feat.
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sharyn Prado
Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle
The Midifighter mapping could actually be (whisper it) improved for Maschine. The midifighter keys only act as triggers, whereas the Maschine can also send pad pressure as a seperate cc, meaning you could hit the pads to use Midifighter as normal but use aftertouch to vary other parameters for added sickness.
You could use the aftertouch to vary the wet/dry on the effects, hence playing the effects like a drum kit / piano
Joannie Brague
A little process. Found out the maschine had the same channel as my vci. So changed the channel. But it still doesn't work. Or some of the mapping works fine, the only thing that doesn't work is when you hit the record and try to slice up the sample. It doesn't chop up the sample but changes the key somehow? Though it doesn't change the the key in the software?

I'm very confused. Am I the only one who's trying to convert this?
Whoa! that sounds uber weird. You probably have some messages crossing over. What I would do is choose a group on your maschine that is empty (remember that the top and bottom rows have messages that cross over) so you want a group that doesn't have anything mapped to it, or the corresponding groups next to it. So if you want group A to be your midi fighter make sure you don't have anything mapped to the top row of group B and the bottom row of H.

Then I would use control editor and change the notes to CC's. For some reason I had more luck this way as you can see what you have overwritten in the midi window. Maybe call them channel 3 midi cc 1-16.

Then just take a deep breath and go slowly, and start with one pad, and start learning it to the pad on your Maschine. Should be a straight forward process. And shouldn't take longer than 10-15 mins.

Good Luck.
Priscilla
Dora Laffer
Have anyone converted the MF mapping to the 16 pads on the Maschine?
And is it possible?

The pre-made Trakor mapping for Maschine is pretty lame if you have the VCI-100, so if no one has done this I will start trying to convert + maybe extend it. If I can figure it out.
Karolis Petrauskas
@ lethal_pizzle: All we need is a tech-wizard to make the mapping. What would be great to see is the Gratificattion mapping (with 4 additional FX) on bank ABCD (to deck ABCD). Don't know if the velocity should have a default start or depend on how hard you press at first.
This is easier said then done, the mapping is a beast! I took a look at it and it uses all 8 modifiers. The main issue is that there are 9 effect slots plus one advanced slot in use. In order to add effects you'd need to press some buttons twice for it to work. One press will load and the other will trigger. I spent some time last evening trying to map the knobs to certain effects. My main one was the ArmyOfMe whoosh. I was able to map it but in order for me to use it the way I'd like (I like to press a button and hold it so when I release it fades) I have to press it twice.

The modifiers on the MF mapping are bonkers, you almost have to be a NASA engineer to work it out. Props to the djtt team for even attempting such a feat.
Karolis Petrauskas
Here's one I've been having a blast with: http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=28948

Too much fun! What I did was to go into the controller editor and made the first pad the hold for each deck. I did this by simply changing the note of each first pad to the one that would normally act as hold for the deck. Once I figured out that I could do this I was able to free up 3 pads for future use.
Sagi Ohayon
...please isn
Sharyn Prado
Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle
The Midifighter mapping could actually be (whisper it) improved for Maschine. The midifighter keys only act as triggers, whereas the Maschine can also send pad pressure as a seperate cc, meaning you could hit the pads to use Midifighter as normal but use aftertouch to vary other parameters for added sickness.
You could use the aftertouch to vary the wet/dry on the effects, hence playing the effects like a drum kit / piano
Dora Laffer
Idear?

Dora Laffer
Marshall Aby
Joannie Brague
A little process. Found out the maschine had the same channel as my vci. So changed the channel. But it still doesn't work. Or some of the mapping works fine, the only thing that doesn't work is when you hit the record and try to slice up the sample. It doesn't chop up the sample but changes the key somehow? Though it doesn't change the the key in the software?

Whoa! that sounds uber weird. You probably have some messages crossing over. What I would do is choose a group on your maschine that is empty (remember that the top and bottom rows have messages that cross over) so you want a group that doesn't have anything mapped to it, or the corresponding groups next to it. So if you want group A to be your midi fighter make sure you don't have anything mapped to the top row of group B and the bottom row of H.

Then I would use control editor and change the notes to CC's. For some reason I had more luck this way as you can see what you have overwritten in the midi window. Maybe call them channel 3 midi cc 1-16.

Then just take a deep breath and go slowly, and start with one pad, and start learning it to the pad on your Maschine. Should be a straight forward process. And shouldn't take longer than 10-15 mins.

Good Luck.
Priscilla
Dora Laffer

Dora Laffer
How is it going with doing the MF for Maschine. I can't get it to work. It does a lot of weird stuff it's not suppose to.
Joannie Brague
Yup that's exactly what I did with the Kontrol x1. I'll do it to my machine later.
robin loo
just load the MF mapping, hit midi learn and map it to the correct button..
should be a thing of 5mins..

here are the MF notes

Code:
C3  C#3 D3  D#3
G#2 A2  A#2 B2
E2  F2  F#2 G2
C2  C#2 D2  D#2
Joannie Brague
actually just mapped it to a mode on my kontrol x1, damn sick!

i've got my kontrol x1 working pretty good, will post a mapping soon. Lots of good stuff
Dora Laffer
haven't got my maschine yet. It will arrive in the start of this week. then I'm on it. But but but, I'm not that good with midi mapping so it might not work. I would hope that some other pro-midi-like-dude would be on it.
Joannie Brague
anyword on this? I want to get this bad boy for maschine
Karolis Petrauskas
Maschine is Midi mappable...I believe someone on the ni site made a maschine fighter template.
Dora Laffer
The Maschine (hardware) as I know it, can be used as a midi device. I would just switch From the MF's 16 arcade buttons to the 16 pad's on the Maschine, if it haven't been done before.

I'm quite green on switching the LED midi thingy. Hopefully It'll work.
Random X
Maschine is software that comes with a Native Instruments Maschine controller, right?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy