Deckalized / Gratification Code

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Deckalized / Gratification CodeReply
Deckalized / Gratification Code
Posted on: 12.03.2011 by Sharyn Prado
Hi

Im contemplating mapping my midi fighter from scratch, there are features of the maps produced on djtt that I would like to keep, but since Traktors mapping window is not user friendly I was wondering if you guys had a file which detailed the full mappings for the tsi's.

Having a copy of this would enable me to anaylise the elements I would like to keep and strip out the ones I dont use...

For example, I dj electro so the +/- tempo / pitch buttons are not used, I would switch them to gater in the similar setting to the loop buttons above. I believe some new instant effects on the top 3 would be handy also. (although I have re-programmed the delay already).

If anyone could provide me with these that would be great, it would enable me to start from the ground up and build a glitch free tsi which suits my style and set up and would probably benefit others as well...

Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by paulalexsaltis
Im not sure what the mapped to function is...
It's a column in the mapping window in the controller manager portion of preferences.
Nedra Fresneda
The problem that I have is that I dont use the bottom 4 buttons at present... the slicer mode doesnt suit my musical style and the cue point mode gets used but very rarely... hence me wanting the code so that I can strip out the non essential items and get a better understanding of the relationship between all the elements so that I can modify it without causing conflicts or even re-map from the begining including only the elements I require and adding effects such as gater to the bottom row.
Then sort it by "Mapped to" and study the ones mapped to the buttons you want to modify.
Sharyn Prado
Hi

Im contemplating mapping my midi fighter from scratch, there are features of the maps produced on djtt that I would like to keep, but since Traktors mapping window is not user friendly I was wondering if you guys had a file which detailed the full mappings for the tsi's.

Having a copy of this would enable me to anaylise the elements I would like to keep and strip out the ones I dont use...

For example, I dj electro so the +/- tempo / pitch buttons are not used, I would switch them to gater in the similar setting to the loop buttons above. I believe some new instant effects on the top 3 would be handy also. (although I have re-programmed the delay already).

If anyone could provide me with these that would be great, it would enable me to start from the ground up and build a glitch free tsi which suits my style and set up and would probably benefit others as well...

Dana Ordinario
That's the thing I removed all modifier logic from the instant gratification mapping as I am not using there combo system (yet) so it is simply the values for all the instant effects. I will work on the deckalized mapping at some point im not sure how much of that mapping I could learn from.
Deanne Baston
@bartboy
Think you could post it (the excel file) or pm me it? I would love to take a look at what you have figured out so far!
I am having difficulties understanding all of the modifier logic they use to be honest. I have a much easier logic system established in my TouchOSC mapping to handle the various functions but am believeing I need to revamp it to handle the various effect states better and do individual mappings for each deck with the focus set to each deck.
It would make more sense but I would have to go back and do a lot of work now.
Also if you do a focus specific mapping what do you do about global controls? Put them just on one deck? Or put them on a separate mapping?
Dana Ordinario
I have an excel file that has most of the instant gratification stuff. I looked at everything except the combos I cannot implement them into my current mapping just yet. I'll be working on the other mapping soon enough.
Deanne Baston
IMO:
I know that DJ TechTools is community driven, but their mapping is their mapping. While you can emulate a midifighter with TouchOSC or another controler, part of buying a MF is the mapping. The tsi is sort of part of that purchase since it was designed for the MF.

I too am working on a mapping incorporating much of the features of the MF. While it is hard to do when you don't have that easy go to file for all of the mapping, check out my TouchOSC .zip in controller mappings and it might give you an idea of what to do. Read the openoffice spreadsheet and look over the way I have laid out my multifunciton button banks. Look familiar?

I have yet to do the effects layer and am working on it now. If you want to talk about how to do this stuff and the effects, feel free to pm me.

With that being said, I am glad they haven't just given something like that out because I honestly have learned a huge amount from not having that.
Shirlee Depiazza
Small one...

BUT that doesn't grab the FX set up with it. It's best for effects heavy mapping to use the big button but just output the mappings and FX settings.

O and top work on getting the mapping to do what you want it to do.
Sharyn Prado
I believe I'll be able to work out what to do from the mapped to function, if I want to save just the modified deckalized mapping is it the big export button or the small one?
Shirlee Depiazza
Midi mapping are mainly written in magic and kitten tears.
Just start adding and deleting things, keep an eye on the M's up the top and if they get stuck work out why then restart traktor (or program a midi note to reset them all to 0 while you test)
Leeanna Ayla
It's a column in the mapping window in the controller manager portion of preferences.
Sharyn Prado
Nedra Fresneda
The problem that I have is that I dont use the bottom 4 buttons at present... the slicer mode doesnt suit my musical style and the cue point mode gets used but very rarely... hence me wanting the code so that I can strip out the non essential items and get a better understanding of the relationship between all the elements so that I can modify it without causing conflicts or even re-map from the begining including only the elements I require and adding effects such as gater to the bottom row.
Then sort it by "Mapped to" and study the ones mapped to the buttons you want to modify.
Sharyn Prado
Nedra Fresneda
IMO, it would be easier to replace the functions that don't interest you in the original mapping. Otherwise you will spend a lot of time remapping something that is already out there.
Open the Controler Manager click the "Control" column to make this task easier. That way you also find out if there are any modifiers affecting them and you cant port them to the new mapped functions to prevent any conflicts.
Muoi Presa
this!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy