Midi Fighter LED arcade button Mod

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter LED arcade button ModReply
Midi Fighter LED arcade button Mod
Posted on: 20.05.2011 by Lanny Vanosten
Ok, finally had some time to change the standard arcade buttons for the LED ones I had made few months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7cLfgfoso

....Can't wait to put them in the new midi fighters...

BC
Antony Cavoto
Originally Posted by Rob
Also very nice, almost perfect, but.........

They do not make a 24mm diameter button!
Antony Cavoto
Originally Posted by Rusty
Would have been nice to see something like this implemented by DJTT into the new MF Pro's.
Perhaps, but only if Sanwa were smart enough to produce a clear 24mm button. Would not like to see DJTT move away from those glorious convex top buttons for anything... including them purrty lights!
Lanny Vanosten
Ok, finally had some time to change the standard arcade buttons for the LED ones I had made few months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7cLfgfoso

....Can't wait to put them in the new midi fighters...

BC
Antony Cavoto
As far as action buttons, I believe it's just the 24mm and 30mm standards.
Nelle Potrzebowski
Didn't notice that, I really should do my homework! So how many different sizes of arcade buttons are there?
Antony Cavoto
Originally Posted by Rob
Also very nice, almost perfect, but.........

They do not make a 24mm diameter button!
Venetta Cawyer
Awesome but it'd cost you about 152 euro to make 'em that pretty, something I really wouldn't pay on top of the cost of a normal MidiFighter DIY kit..
Nelle Potrzebowski
Very nice, almost perfect, but.........

http://arcadeforge.de/?page_id=789

Engraving + RGB LED's =
Adolf Hit
Who knows - maybe one day
Antony Cavoto
Originally Posted by Rusty
Would have been nice to see something like this implemented by DJTT into the new MF Pro's.
Perhaps, but only if Sanwa were smart enough to produce a clear 24mm button. Would not like to see DJTT move away from those glorious convex top buttons for anything... including them purrty lights!
Ethel Saracco
Wow nice work! I'm definitely jealous. Would have been nice to see something like this implemented by DJTT into the new MF Pro's. Looks like a fair bit of work though.
Janella Schlappich
woooah great job!
looks amazing!
Adolf Hit
Nice work
Randal Biza
Really impressive!
Tynisha Teeman
Awesome work!
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Cool man - can you list the part numbers ?
Antony Cavoto
Brilliant! Thanks for the detail shots... I am sorely tempted.
Lanny Vanosten
The button switches are in fact Sanwa. I could not get the Seimitsu clear plunger to fit in the sanwa housings because it was half-a-millimetre bigger (too tight). So the switches were pulled out of their housings and installed in the seimitsu bodies.(It was the only way to get the connector pins to fit side-by side on the midi fighter board.) I had to buy two sets of buttons to do this.
The other difference is that the Seimitsu don't have the side locking pins. (which still works because the MF connector clips hold the buttons in place anyway.)
The tiny board LEDs were un-soldered (light tubes discarded) and replaced with a 2 inch wire lead (they tuck neatly undeneath the buttons) and have a tiny 2 pin harness that connects to the LED pins that stick out from the bottom of the button. I can change the button colors anytime without having to un-solder anything in future.
This is why the USB power drives the unit as before with no additional drain.
Anyway, can't wait to do this mod on the new MF pros!

BC
Antony Cavoto
That is super tidy!

I assume the MF (and the USB port its connected to) can handle the current of the extra LEDs OK?

Such a shame Sanwa dont make a clear button...
Lorelei Przybylowicz
That's cool. How did you do it ?
Jami Nejad
Spectacular! It's fuckin awesome actually.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy