MidiFighter Firmware Update Issues

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MidiFighter Firmware Update IssuesReply
MidiFighter Firmware Update Issues
Posted on: 09.05.2011 by Homer Lade
Ok Guys

Downloaded the Firmware updater, when i run it and follow the instructions i get the following error message (see attached)

Any one know how to fix this as i cant get the instant gratification mapping working in traktor pro 2

Cheers

Ben

PC, Traktor Pro 2, S4, MidiFighter
Maudie Ellars
Originally Posted by beeflorn
If i run the program i still get the same message?
Thats odd, if the lights are showing as you say then the midi fighter is ready!?
Homer Lade
Ok Guys

Downloaded the Firmware updater, when i run it and follow the instructions i get the following error message (see attached)

Any one know how to fix this as i cant get the instant gratification mapping working in traktor pro 2

Cheers

Ben

PC, Traktor Pro 2, S4, MidiFighter
Neta Schlaefli
I cannot get into menu mode for the life of me. I've updated the firmware successfully and everything. The first 3 buttons on the top 2 rows of my midi fighter dont light up when pressed. but the fourth button of row two causes the whole top half to light up at once
Leeanna Ayla
Great!! You want internal.
Homer Lade
ok.....all done.....thx for all you help.

tried it just now got it into bootloader mode the open up update program hit update and pressed enters through the option pages then it successfully updated.

then tried menu mode again...and it worked no probs

anyone know with the gratification four banks mode is it to four banks internal or external??

thanks again everyone
Homer Lade
ok...

so i got it into bootloader mode with the lights on.

then i went through windows and updated the driver that way pointing to the location where i downloaded the latest hex file.....the windows said it updated the driver successfully?? (not sure how to check that its the latest?)

but now i still cant get it into menu mode to enable 4 banks mode so i can use the gratification setup?

i've tried unplugging replugging and pressing the button in different ways loads of times.....

not sure what to do now??

any help greatly appreciated
Maudie Ellars
Originally Posted by beeflorn
Thats odd, if the lights are showing as you say then the midi fighter is ready!?
Homer Lade
@ KingRichard1st

Cheers for that...when i did your method it goes into this mode

* - * -
* - * -

on the lights.

so then what do i need to do to get the firmware updated?

Cheers

Ben
Maudie Ellars
I found this in another thread mainly regarding problems getting into the settings for four banks mode BUT also applies to bootloader mode:

Instead of just holding the buttons down and then plugging it in you have to do something different. This method goes for both the 4 corners method (bootloader), and the top left menu button method (four banks):

As you plug the usb in, tap the button, let go, then push the button again and hold it this time. thats all. it took a couple of goes to get the timing right though.

1. plug USB in
2. simultaneously tap the button
3. let go of button for a millisecond
4. push button down and hold (in your case all four buttons).

This worked for me, try different timings and you'll get it! Good Luck.
Homer Lade
yep tried all that, I'll give it another go toevening .

Just to make sure, i do every thing on the list with the wires and i can here it booting in windows (if you know what i mean). then in the MidiFighter Update software i hit update and just press OK to all the commands IE unplug, press four corners, replug.

then i assume it should update the firmware?

Cheers

Ben
Leeanna Ayla
You've followed everything in this thread?

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17824

Are you sure you're making contact with the wire? If it's to thin or has any type of insulation on it that could mess it up.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy