Midi Fighter Pro ( Review )

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Pro ( Review )Reply
Midi Fighter Pro ( Review )
Posted on: 06.06.2011 by Junko Alleman
OK well i am not known in the Dj World , i am not some Epic DJ that spins High places like Insonmaic , i am just me .. a DJ that likes to DJ for the fun of it.

Now my Review;
Cue Master - Midi Fighter Pro

I got the box today about 10 hours ago , It was sweet , small box with just a normal postage but when i opened it up with some friends around they all said the same thing " Wow its built really well and looks like it can take a beating ".
I have TP2 with TP as my main I know make fun of me all you want but i cant really go to my house to just pop in the CD to install it again so i just play with it till i get back to the studio or my house . So i hooked it up, I found that the new USB cord is crazy with the right angle and its super long length ( about 24 inches ) first thing i thought was Sweet i can put this thing anywhere I want ! ok ok i know what about the Mappings and all the bells and whistles ??? That is where i was like WTF , i have to wait still for the Mappings , ohh well , so i jetted over to the Mappings page and got me both the Deckalized and the Instant Gratification Mappings , to see which one i like to toy with , after about 4 hours of zoning out and not eating my dinner here i am still stoked on what i invested into.

The Buttons are still just like the MF , they are super clean dont hang up and evenly spaced. They react the same as the MF and button combo's are the same ( due to me using the same mapping )

The Faders are very " Feathery " and go all way to the bottom but visually you can see that there is about a 1/2 cm gap that is left open. I manually Mapped them to FX and the Volume in my TP , and they are spot on! even was able to program them so that the upper half of each Fader was for Deck A and B then the lower was for C and D just to test the super Faderness , and yes i was still in AWE !

The knobs with the cue i only had 2 , so i was really eager to do some handy work. So after setting up the knobs to do about 40 different things i actually liked having them there with Effect 1 and 2 Volume mapped on there the most . it was fun to do with having Effect 3 and 4 on the super faders , it made some simple tracks to DJ more like a sweet return of some Galactica or even Raiden ! i was all over them!

Ok what about the whole hard wear ? well i did some small Bump and drop test ( yea i dropped my NEW OUT OF THE BOX MFP ... so what ! ) ok so as needed a DJ or even a Normal guy will put his MF or MFP in his bag ( as seen on DJTT whats in your bag ) with that i popped my in a bag took it around, forgot about it and even sat on it a few times just to get something out of it , NOTHING , the damn thing is like a chastity belt ! and your key is your mind .

Needless to say , i ordered another just to make sure i had a cue pair ( lol Pun intended ) all in all i got to say Epic Job Michael that made my Cue MF Pro (# 1936) and once the Mappings come out i will do a full review of the Cue again and post a mix with only using the MF Pro

~ Kilown
a customer for life !

Sorry i am not some english major i just type like it is .
Junko Alleman
MFP 2 Fader done .tsi.zipHere is what i have so far for my Mapping . i hope it work ( i did it on TP 1 because i am having major issues with TP2 )

1: Effect Unit 3 On ( Target )
Effect on
Dry wet - Inverted
Effect Button 1 On
Effect Param 1& 2

2: Effect Unit 4 On ( Target )
Effect on
Dry wet - Inverted
Effect Button 1 On
Effect Param 1/2/3
3/8/13/18 : Lights up letting you know Effect 1/2/3/4 is on 3= effect 1 and so on

23: Effect 1 On / off
Effect ( Chained ) 1/2 Up and down

24: Effect 2 on/off
Effect ( Chained ) 1/3 Up and down

all the MF Buttons for the Deckalized and Instagrats are mapped in this lay out , i will be taking out the Doubles but for now they work for the people that are either waiting for MFP in the mail or just will make a personal one
Junko Alleman
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Are you trying to create a new mapping just for the extra controls (knobs, faders, push buttons) or are you adding to an existing mapping like the Deckalized or Instant Gratification?

Setting Deck selects and creating shift functions works differently in these two situations. In both cases I believe you are going to need to use Modifiers to do this though.
No , i like to have it where you can use the 4 " Red " boxes to completely give me a new CC or Note number , as in a Blank " Bank " this way i can Map InstaGrat on another and go back and forth.

Ok when someone says Modifier .. i say ..... UHHHHH no i have not done anything special to the looks of my MFP . i believe i might need a lesson on what this actually does .

yea i wanted all white and i changed all the buttons to have it up and down instead of side to side

here is my MFP -
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Kilown
OK so here is my problem , i hope someone from the DJTT teams sees this , On the Cue Master ( the MFP i have ) there are 4 Selectable CH03.note.E-1, F-1, F#-1, And G-1

i been trying to map them to do the following

E -1 : Select Deck A/Light LED / with SHIFT ( CH03.NOTE.C3 ) have it where i can use 3 buttons ,

E-1+ Shift + Knob Left = Change Effect on Effect 1

right now i cant get the light to toggle on and off ( using the Value 1 and 0 ( 1 being on ) )
you cant ( unless i need to use a modifier ) use all 3 buttons . If you know how to educate me on the Modifier please email me here on the community s . once i learn those , i will be done .
Are you trying to create a new mapping just for the extra controls (knobs, faders, push buttons) or are you adding to an existing mapping like the Deckalized or Instant Gratification?

Setting Deck selects and creating shift functions works differently in these two situations. In both cases I believe you are going to need to use Modifiers to do this though.
Junko Alleman
Originally Posted by BlackJesus
Will we be expecting a video review?

I will do my best to get a video out with my mapping and more. right now i am in Iraq doing my best to just have fun with it , so with that the Internet is about is fast as a baby doing a marathon . once i get it all done , i will have a Mapping ( that helps with almost everything ) a video on what i did , and a small demo

Done so far

Super fader Left side Complete
Knob 1 Complete
Deck select
FX select
Load
and all Deckalized and Instant Grat

these are all mapped , i need to do the right Super fader and then it will be up

Kilown

* Rotten plug * - while you are waiting you can go and listen to the Battle of the Dubstep and shoot Like my FB Fan page
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Touched by the Midifidler himself.
ewww....
robert chanda
Epic Job Michael that made my Cue MF Pro (# 1936)
Junko Alleman
OK well i am not known in the Dj World , i am not some Epic DJ that spins High places like Insonmaic , i am just me .. a DJ that likes to DJ for the fun of it.

Now my Review;
Cue Master - Midi Fighter Pro

I got the box today about 10 hours ago , It was sweet , small box with just a normal postage but when i opened it up with some friends around they all said the same thing " Wow its built really well and looks like it can take a beating ".
I have TP2 with TP as my main I know make fun of me all you want but i cant really go to my house to just pop in the CD to install it again so i just play with it till i get back to the studio or my house . So i hooked it up, I found that the new USB cord is crazy with the right angle and its super long length ( about 24 inches ) first thing i thought was Sweet i can put this thing anywhere I want ! ok ok i know what about the Mappings and all the bells and whistles ??? That is where i was like WTF , i have to wait still for the Mappings , ohh well , so i jetted over to the Mappings page and got me both the Deckalized and the Instant Gratification Mappings , to see which one i like to toy with , after about 4 hours of zoning out and not eating my dinner here i am still stoked on what i invested into.

The Buttons are still just like the MF , they are super clean dont hang up and evenly spaced. They react the same as the MF and button combo's are the same ( due to me using the same mapping )

The Faders are very " Feathery " and go all way to the bottom but visually you can see that there is about a 1/2 cm gap that is left open. I manually Mapped them to FX and the Volume in my TP , and they are spot on! even was able to program them so that the upper half of each Fader was for Deck A and B then the lower was for C and D just to test the super Faderness , and yes i was still in AWE !

The knobs with the cue i only had 2 , so i was really eager to do some handy work. So after setting up the knobs to do about 40 different things i actually liked having them there with Effect 1 and 2 Volume mapped on there the most . it was fun to do with having Effect 3 and 4 on the super faders , it made some simple tracks to DJ more like a sweet return of some Galactica or even Raiden ! i was all over them!

Ok what about the whole hard wear ? well i did some small Bump and drop test ( yea i dropped my NEW OUT OF THE BOX MFP ... so what ! ) ok so as needed a DJ or even a Normal guy will put his MF or MFP in his bag ( as seen on DJTT whats in your bag ) with that i popped my in a bag took it around, forgot about it and even sat on it a few times just to get something out of it , NOTHING , the damn thing is like a chastity belt ! and your key is your mind .

Needless to say , i ordered another just to make sure i had a cue pair ( lol Pun intended ) all in all i got to say Epic Job Michael that made my Cue MF Pro (# 1936) and once the Mappings come out i will do a full review of the Cue again and post a mix with only using the MF Pro

~ Kilown
a customer for life !

Sorry i am not some english major i just type like it is .
Junko Alleman
MFP 2 Fader done .tsi.zipHere is what i have so far for my Mapping . i hope it work ( i did it on TP 1 because i am having major issues with TP2 )

1: Effect Unit 3 On ( Target )
Effect on
Dry wet - Inverted
Effect Button 1 On
Effect Param 1& 2

2: Effect Unit 4 On ( Target )
Effect on
Dry wet - Inverted
Effect Button 1 On
Effect Param 1/2/3
3/8/13/18 : Lights up letting you know Effect 1/2/3/4 is on 3= effect 1 and so on

23: Effect 1 On / off
Effect ( Chained ) 1/2 Up and down

24: Effect 2 on/off
Effect ( Chained ) 1/3 Up and down

all the MF Buttons for the Deckalized and Instagrats are mapped in this lay out , i will be taking out the Doubles but for now they work for the people that are either waiting for MFP in the mail or just will make a personal one
Junko Alleman
Originally Posted by flashflooder

No , i like to have it where you can use the 4 " Red " boxes to completely give me a new CC or Note number , as in a Blank " Bank " this way i can Map InstaGrat on another and go back and forth.

Ok when someone says Modifier .. i say ..... UHHHHH no i have not done anything special to the looks of my MFP . i believe i might need a lesson on what this actually does .

yea i wanted all white and i changed all the buttons to have it up and down instead of side to side

here is my MFP -
Kindra Brawand
Any chance of a picture to keep those of us still dreaming of the day our MFPros arrive happy?
Jodi Lacerra
OK so here is my problem , i hope someone from the DJTT teams sees this , On the Cue Master ( the MFP i have ) there are 4 Selectable CH03.note.E-1, F-1, F#-1, And G-1

E -1 : Select Deck A/Light LED / with SHIFT ( CH03.NOTE.C3 ) have it where i can use 3 buttons ,

right now i cant get the light to toggle on and off ( using the Value 1 and 0 ( 1 being on ) )
you cant ( unless i need to use a modifier ) use all 3 buttons . If you know how to educate me on the Modifier please email me here on the community s . once i learn those , i will be done .

Junko Alleman

Junko Alleman
Originally Posted by BlackJesus

I will do my best to get a video out with my mapping and more. right now i am in Iraq doing my best to just have fun with it , so with that the Internet is about is fast as a baby doing a marathon . once i get it all done , i will have a Mapping ( that helps with almost everything ) a video on what i did , and a small demo

Done so far

Super fader Left side Complete
Knob 1 Complete
Deck select
FX select
Load
and all Deckalized and Instant Grat

these are all mapped , i need to do the right Super fader and then it will be up

Kilown

* Rotten plug * - while you are waiting you can go and listen to the Battle of the Dubstep and shoot Like my FB Fan page
Rosita Bourdeaux
Leeanna Ayla
Can I be touched by Midifidler?
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
ewww....
robert chanda
Epic Job Michael that made my Cue MF Pro (# 1936)
Adolf Hit
Im glad your loving your new MFP dude!
-michael
Junko Alleman
ill be working all day today to get out a TSI for those who like to use there MFP . it will take me a few hours but i hope they like it
Leeanna Ayla
Nice!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy