Midi-Fighter Pro Firmware?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi-Fighter Pro Firmware?Reply
Midi-Fighter Pro Firmware?
Posted on: 09.06.2011 by Theo Slay
I just got my Midi Fighter Pro, and it's really great. Well machined.

I had just updated the firmware on my classic, and so I ran the same tool on the Pro, and now the faders, knob, and small buttons aren't working. The Pro is now a Classic.

I'm wondering if the Pro firmware is available online. I was unable to find it after searching. I'm also curious to get my hands on the XX Fader firmware as I have a Beatmasher and prefer the horizontal layout.

Now, what I REALLY want is a firmware for the Pro that will allow the buttons to output CC values for momentary triggering in Ableton. Maybe I'm not saying it right.
Theo Slay
Originally Posted by Audeo
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
And by that I mean have you gone into Menu Mode, activated the four analogs and the four digitals? That might be handy
Thanks Audeo. That gave me back the analog crossfaders and knob, but I still don't have the four small buttons. I'll email DJTT.

Thanks again. I was reading that thread last evening , but it didn't occur to me that they would be turned off.
Theo Slay
I just got my Midi Fighter Pro, and it's really great. Well machined.

I had just updated the firmware on my classic, and so I ran the same tool on the Pro, and now the faders, knob, and small buttons aren't working. The Pro is now a Classic.

I'm wondering if the Pro firmware is available online. I was unable to find it after searching. I'm also curious to get my hands on the XX Fader firmware as I have a Beatmasher and prefer the horizontal layout.

Now, what I REALLY want is a firmware for the Pro that will allow the buttons to output CC values for momentary triggering in Ableton. Maybe I'm not saying it right.
Theo Slay
Thank you everyone for your help. By going into the menu I was able to turn the analog controls back on, and that's enough for me right now. I don't need the red launch buttons urgently, so I'll wait until there is an official release.

Learn from my mistake and DO NOT use the regular MidiFighter Updater on a MidiFighterPro unless you want to lose your small buttons.
Adolf Hit
Yes you now have a MF classic - the analog controls will still work but you have the red buttons will not.

We are not going to release the official firmware for several weeks so you will need to use a PC to revert back to the right firmware.

I will PM you re this

But for others - bad idea ....
Tatum Ansaldo
Try putting it in 4 banks external mode, see if they switch banks.
Theo Slay
Originally Posted by Audeo
And by that I mean have you gone into Menu Mode, activated the four analogs and the four digitals? That might be handy
Thanks Audeo. That gave me back the analog crossfaders and knob, but I still don't have the four small buttons. I'll email DJTT.

Thanks again. I was reading that thread last evening , but it didn't occur to me that they would be turned off.
Venetta Cawyer
Leeanna Ayla
Yep, sounds like you've overwritten the pre-installed firmware.
Tatum Ansaldo
I believe you've accidentally deleted the pro specific firmware. Send an email to the store, they'll probably be able to send you over a firmware file for it.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy