painting

painting
Posted on: 06.06.2011 by Kathline Archacki
anyone ever tried to extremely customizing their own midi fighter? (not just the top or bottom) i wanna try to make mines with wood sides, change the MF board to white instead of black and the midi fighter sign to the sanwa blue. or is it not recommended to paint? even if im really careful. the buttons are gonna be white in the center and surrounded by the blue
Kathline Archacki
anyone ever tried to extremely customizing their own midi fighter? (not just the top or bottom) i wanna try to make mines with wood sides, change the MF board to white instead of black and the midi fighter sign to the sanwa blue. or is it not recommended to paint? even if im really careful. the buttons are gonna be white in the center and surrounded by the blue
Kathline Archacki
heres the wood sides, its still not done, waiting for the clear top, might change the leds after watching amp live's experimental midi and still needs the touch up

Dana Ordinario
I like the color of the MF logo. The edges and the bottom look a little shotty imho, but the buttons are banging I love the two tone theme.
Kathline Archacki
I'm not sure yet might leave it as is and just paint that mf logo on it like the silicone one
Eugenio Cheverie
Whoops I Meant to ask if you're staining or painting the wood
Kathline Archacki
balsa wood
Eugenio Cheverie
Wow man, that's sick! How are you doing the wood sides?
Kathline Archacki
just needs some touching up and the wood sides and im good
Kathline Archacki
right now im in the process of taping all the sockets and chips and what not, its taking forever!!! -_- not even half way donebut more pics to come
Eugenio Cheverie
nice work, looks really clean! let me know how the sides turn out... i wanted to do the same with mine.
Kathline Archacki
heres the blue
Kathline Archacki
almost there
Eugenio Cheverie
I wouldn't, but if you do.. Cover all terminals and be sure to use paint that doesn't conduct electricity.... From what I understand, there is paint out there that does...
Kathline Archacki
i wouldnt paint the buttons im just popping them out of the white and blue buttons and then putting the white one in the blue one, it looks really nice actually, more mine now. but i don't want to paint the acrylic top i actually wanna keep it clear to rep that midi fighter sign, i wanna pain the board where the sockets are at just wanna know if anyones tried or if i even should. i want the board to be sanwa blue and white
Leeanna Ayla
There's a few threads about painting and the show your midi fighter thread has a few nice ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y4zSEhe6qQ
Gwendolyn Rotchford
i wouldn't paint your buttons(unless you plan on using super high quality paint thats not gonna chip/rub off with a lot of use), but i don't see why you wouldn't be able to make a custom case/paint your faceplate.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy